"Official" 2019 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party: Oh-So-Jolly Holiday Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have tickets for the plaza dessert party and plan to watch the first parade from Frontierland. Should we just make our way to the dessert party through Fantasyland after the parade passes us? Anyone have experience doing this?
This is what we did but it was during the Halloween party. We watched the parade from liberty square across from the popcorn stand, followed the parade the short way until it made the turn, then went through fantasyland to check in for the party. However, we were doing the terrace party so we ate our desserts during the fireworks. I’m
not sure how long you would have to eat desserts and them get to the garden for that party- I think you would be cutting it close. Im not sure which party you’re doing from the way you worded it.

They come out at 7. Heading there right after dinner should be perfect timing to be at the front of the line. Remember they they meet in sets of 2, and switch every 30 minutes, so you’ll have to line up again after the first meet to get the second set. The CMs can help you time your line re-every - last year they advised us to go get a treat before re-entering to be assured the second set!
Awesome-thank you!

Going to MVMCP this Sunday and seriously considering adding Tony's Most Merriest Town Square Party. Has anyone gone that could give a review? There are 4 of us, including two young teens. How have the crowds been for the 11:00 Parade? Do you think Tony's it's worth it?

This is what we did but it was during the Halloween party. We watched the parade from liberty square across from the popcorn stand, followed the parade the short way until it made the turn, then went through fantasyland to check in for the party. However, we were doing the terrace party so we ate our desserts during the fireworks. I’m
not sure how long you would have to eat desserts and them get to the garden for that party- I think you would be cutting it close. Im not sure which party you’re doing from the way you worded it.
We are doing the garden party...can you bring desserts outside? Also, what time did u line up in liberty square?

My non-Disney fanatic DH is taking me on my dream trip to finally see Disney World decorated up for Christmas. We were only able to manage to get away for 3 nights/4 days. The first two nights are party nights. I went to the MNSSHP in October and it was sold out, very busy. I felt like I missed a lot that night and wanted to buy tickets for the next night but they were also sold out. How does MNSSHP compare to MVMCP? Are most folks able to get their must dos in one night? We are staying at GF, so getting back to the resort won't be nearly as long as getting back to CBR (Aruba bus stop no less) and wouldn't stay til midnight the second night because we have EARLY morning Candlelight Processional dining ressies the next morning.

We are doing the garden party...can you bring desserts outside? Also, what time did u line up in liberty square?
You can definitely carry desserts and drinks to the garden viewing area. Take reusable containers or ziplocks (ziplocks don't hold food up well long term, but would work to get it to the area and then eat it). Even take a larger reusable drink holder of some type, get multiple of the same drink, and combine them to take with you to go. Load up if you won't be there to eat slower prior to the fireworks.

We found a spot at liberty square at 8:45 for the 9:15 parade (pretty sure that was parade time - it was the first one). We were able to get front row, we saw a spot right away and just grabbed it, 3 of us sat and my DH stood behind us. It was getting decently crowded in that area, my guess was there weren't too many first row seats left but lots of second row which would work unless everyone stood up in the front row when the parade came - lots didn't but I'm sure some did. I suspect further down the frontier land way there would have been more front row seats, that's where we usually watch from, but since we needed to hightail it to the dessert party I wanted to stay down in LS toward where the parade turns and it worked perfectly.

I did want to add that for the Christmas parade I like to watch from Main St because of the snow/feneral Christmas atmosphere, for Halloween I like LS/Fronteirland. But you definitely won't have time to watch the first parade from Main St and still get desserts and then go to the viewing area.

Our kids are probably going to be ready to go back to the resort after the first parade. We’re staying at Wilderness Lodge. If we want to watch the parade at the beginning of Main Street so we can be a short distance away from the boats when we’re ready to leave what time should we find a seat? 7:45? What time is it generally by the time the parade has made it all the way down Main Street?

What's everyone's strategy for doing the 11pm parade after the fireworks? Do you go line up for the parade right after the fireworks? We're doing the dessert party for the fireworks with Plaza Garden viewing and I'm not sure how to get a good spot for the parade right after.

I have tried to keep up with this thread but haven’t seen an answer to this question. Anyone know?

We did this last year (Orlando Informer event) from Disney - took Uber over and back, worked great. Doing it again this year, will Uber from Disney resort to Hard Rock and walk over- read an article that Uber is tacking on on a $4 fee for pick up (not drop off) to the parks (in the garage), but not the resorts. The walk from Hard Rock is short and lovely, so we'll just drop off and get picked up there.
My daughter and I are also going to the Orlando Informer Meet-up! We have tickets for both Friday and Saturday night, so we're staying at Universal on Friday and Saturday then heading to Disney on Sunday for the Christmas party (and her 10th birthday is on Monday the 16th). We're going to be exhausted.

We are going to the 12/10 party and have a 2 year old who reallllly wants to meet the dwarves. We have 440 reservations at BOG. Is our best bet to get in line right after? I'm not sure how she will do with a 2 hour wait, can one of us wait and the other take her to do other things?

Also doing the dessert party but also trying to figure out how to catch the parade as well. We aren't overly worried about eating dessert, more wanted reserved seating as to not have to fight for a spot with a 2 year old

We are going to the 12/10 party and have a 2 year old who reallllly wants to meet the dwarves. We have 440 reservations at BOG. Is our best bet to get in line right after? I'm not sure how she will do with a 2 hour wait, can one of us wait and the other take her to do other things?

Also doing the dessert party but also trying to figure out how to catch the parade as well. We aren't overly worried about eating dessert, more wanted reserved seating as to not have to fight for a spot with a 2 year old
We met the dwarves yesterday. In line by about 430 and we were 8th in line. They came out at 6:15. The line got long behind us.

Forgot to add in my previous post- after watching 2nd parade in front of sleepy hollow, we went behind the castle to storybook and had about a 10-15 min wait for dwarfs. SDMT was 25 mins when we past.
As far as seeing parade after dessert party- we walked towards the emporium after and pretty well EVERY front tow spot was already taken. Several 2nd row spots, but Main Street was crazy crowded with people leaving after fireworks. After sitting there a few mins(like maybe 10?), we decided we wanted to head towards liberty square/Frontierland area instead to try to head to fantasyland after and lucked up in a front row spot about 15-20 mins before parade time.

Short trip report. Did the party last night (11/12) was live streaming so my party was almost entirely work related.
Arrived at around 5:30pm, no line at the tapstiles, grabbed the SOTMK card and took some cute pictures in Santa photo op next to guest relations since it was empty and beautifully lit
Had a fp for Jingle Cruise from 5 to 6 so headed there.
Went back onto Main Street and to our favorite spot at 6:45pm. We like to watch from under the tree on Town Square so we can see the parade coming down MS. No one was holding spots at that moment, maybe a handfull on MS. Left my DD19 there holding the spot and went back up to Casey's cause she was hungry, what a mess, the line was 30 min long, mobile order was not available at that time. After getting the hot dog and fries (they have boxes to go so it makes it easier to take along) went into the ice cream parlor for the specialty party drink. It was really good and adorable.
Took the food up to DD19 and left her holding the spot while I did a walk around the park while live streaming. The backway was still open and no one was there waiting for pictures so it makes the process fast. The park did not seem overly crowded, not sure if it has been said but the cookies at Pinnochios are only the snikerdoodle, I believe last year they were giving all of them in that spot.
And for people who asked what the alternative to cookies are it is apple go go squeeze and also enjoy life mini cookies
Walked around liberty square at 8pm and there were still plenty of spots. Headed back to Town Square where it was a bit more crowded but still town square had a lot of spots available.
Saw the castle lighting, the kringle krew and parade. The only thing added is a tiny forky
after we headed into adventureland and frontierland for cookies, line were almost non existent . Then our favorite, off hub spot for fireworks. The area right in front of Crystal palace where people park their strollers. You could've walked right at showtime and still find an unobstructed view of the fireworks, also you can see the projections on the top of the castle
Minnie's fireworks, wow, way better than holiday Wishes for me. Amazing show, the smoke again lingered cause it was sprinkling off and on but from the view the smoke was headed into the hub while leaving that area almost smokeless.The projection although cute just compliment the show so they are not needed to enjoy it. Seriously awesome job Disney
After we headed into tomorrowland for Edge Effect performance and Totally Tomorrowland Christmas. at 11am myy work was done so I was able to enjoy going on Space Mountain, very cool with the lights and music, we thought about doing speedway since there was no line but decide to just walk around getting pictures.
Tweedle Dee and Dum had only 4 families in line, Pooh and friends seemed to be at around 20 min. both meet and greets at fairytale hall were 20 min., Pooh ride was walk on, 7DMT was 15 min

I've never been to a party however I have stalked these boards and fb groups since 2018 and without knowing your 2 year old - the wait times for the dwarves is bananas. Would you consider trying to get reservations for StoryBook Dining as an alternative?

I've never been to a party however I have stalked these boards and fb groups since 2018 and without knowing your 2 year old - the wait times for the dwarves is bananas. Would you consider trying to get reservations for StoryBook Dining as an alternative?
We did storybook dining at our trip in May, we didn't really enjoy it and probably wouldn't go back. We may just have to skip the dwarves. She will be so excited for everything else, I'm sure we can distract her.

🎄 MVMCP REVIEW TUESDAY 11/12/19: 🎄

Staying off site, parked at TTC and over to Capt. Cook’s at Poly for a meal (2 GF people so wanted something heavy as there isn’t much at the party — glad we did this bc tried to mobile order GF chicken nuggets at 7:00 from CHH and it wasn’t working, didn’t want to order in person bc it takes awhile to get allergy friendly meals). Also had a beverage from the Trader Sams take out window - delicious! Got on monorail at 3:45 and wrist bands on entering MK at 4:00.

FP for Splash, FP for BTMRR, then got a same day FP for Voyage of Little Mermaid. Stopped at Storybook Treats for Peter Pan floats. Then rode HM with a 20 minute wait, PoC was walk on, Space Mt with a 20 minute wait (awesome lighting, you can see the tracks!), tried for Scrooge McDuck but he was a one hour wait. SDMT posted wait of 35, was 25 minutes on and off total. PP with a 25 minute wait.

At that point we grabbed some popcorn and soda (wanted the Christmas tree bucket but it was $25!! 😱) and found a spot to sit on the bridge between the hub and Tomorrowland. New fireworks were fantastic! Overall differences between Holiday Wishes and these ones were: less castle projections, music was meh (not great not horrible), no longer have perimeter fireworks (bummer). With that being said, I still think this is a really awesome fireworks show!

We then grabbed spots for the parade on the curb in front of Tony’s so we could exit quickly after the parade. Took turns changing into warmer clothes (temp dropped from 82 at 4pm to 62 at 11 with a strong northwest wind). Parade was superb as always! Toy soldiers were towards the end and they were playing their instruments.

Not sure if I’ll be able to return next year (college visit time with teenage daughter!). Things we didn’t do but wanted to: Jingle Cruise (wait was never under 30 minutes 🤷🏻‍♀️), People Mover, my daughter didn’t try any special treats free or purchased, allergy friendly treats were applesauce and mini chocolate chip cookies 😝, didn’t see the red Mickey Christmas ball sipper anywhere.

Other observations: crowds were manageable, a lot of people were doing what we did: rides, fireworks, and late parade. That made wait times a little higher than years past across the board but not crazy. I still believe this party is a very good value and highly recommend it! Merry Christmas 🎄🎅🏼

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!