"Official" 2019 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party: Oh-So-Jolly Holiday Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was able to buy Mickey Christmas tickets for Dec 20th and was able to book the tomorrowland terrace party but noticed the name is different than the Plaza viewing party. Did I make a mistake?

I have the Minnie's Wonderful Christmastime Fireworks Dessert Party with Plaza Garden Viewing booked for Dec 17th Christmas Party. But when I booked the tomorrowland terrace version for Dec 20th party it's titled, Fireworks Holiday Dessert Party at Tomorrowland Terrace.
Only difference is viewing location. Name must not have gotten updated online for the terrace party!

What I am seeing mentioned as gone is the Dooneys (my wife wants), a lot of the popcorn buckets, sippers, AP pins, ears, etc.

the popcorn buckets and sippers were being sold in limited quantities each day. The first day the Jingle bell sippers, tree buckets and Mickey elves were sold at AK they were reported sold out at 1:30 but that was just for that day.

We were at AK the next day and they had them all back in stock but didn’t put them out until around 1 pm. Tons of people were in line at rope drop for them and we heard many of them coordinating now many orders they had to fill. The CMs told everyone the buckets and sippers were coming out but they don’t know what time because they’re “waiting on a shipment”. I have no proof to back it up but I believe they did it intentionally this way because of the lines of resellers 🤷🏼‍♀️

Thank you for posting!

11/8: We met Aurora & Snow with their princes
Was it here?
View attachment 452231

Photopass studio is Sir Mickey's
Do you have any photos to post?

No, that’s where they met on 11/11 (normal spot) but they moved to the covered spot during the 11/8 party, right next to Mickey’s Philharmagic (to the right of Philharmagic, if you’re facing the attraction). The CM said that’s where they’ll usually move to if it rains.

Yes! That’s the name. I don’t have any photos b/c MDE keeps glitching on me and not letting me download my photos 😂😑

Haven't heard anyone mention the 7 Dwarfs yet. Are they at the party this year? If so anyone know when the line started/ when they start meets (is it the same as last year - 6?) Also Scrooge and Donald, Santa goofy etc. Were those characters out or not doing meets cause of the rain?
We met the 7 Dwarves! They are back kin Storybook Circus and we lined up at about 5:30 and were outside and maybe 40 people back. They let us inside at 5:45 but the dwarves didn't come out until 6:15. We waited about 2 hours to see them and they took one 10 minute break in that time. They were super cute and interacted with everyone but the long wait killed other characters for my kids. They wanted rides. Jack and Sally were reportedly 2 hours early as well but we didn't wait so I don't know for sure.

I sincerely hope with all the recent posts of merchandise being sighted the rumor mill of them being sold out is dismissed. These types of rumors cause unnecessary stress for those still planning and nothing should be considered Sold Out unless it is confirmed Park Wide.

Again, nothing has been posted here regarding specific items at specific locations nor Park Wide. :flower3:

We will be in Orlando this Friday for a cruise that begins Saturday. We arrive at MCO around noon On Friday, and I’m trying to decide if we should go to the party or not. We are not big character or parade people, and would mostly be going for the rides and to get a bit of a Disney fix. (Seems a shame to be so close and not visit for a few hours, especially during the holidays!) Since we aren’t concerned with characters or parades, will crowds during a non-sold out party mean minimal wait times on rides?

We met the 7 Dwarves! They are back kin Storybook Circus and we lined up at about 5:30 and were outside and maybe 40 people back. They let us inside at 5:45 but the dwarves didn't come out until 6:15. We waited about 2 hours to see them and they took one 10 minute break in that time. They were super cute and interacted with everyone but the long wait killed other characters for my kids. They wanted rides. Jack and Sally were reportedly 2 hours early as well but we didn't wait so I don't know for sure.

Thanks for the report! Do you mean you waited 2 hours total, so met them at 7:30, or you waited 2 hours after they came out and met them at 8:15?

We have party tickets for 12/13 which is a Friday - do we think this party will sell out/be busy? I know that's a pretty broad question but I want to plan accordingly.

We will be in Orlando this Friday for a cruise that begins Saturday. We arrive at MCO around noon On Friday, and I’m trying to decide if we should go to the party or not. We are not big character or parade people, and would mostly be going for the rides and to get a bit of a Disney fix. (Seems a shame to be so close and not visit for a few hours, especially during the holidays!) Since we aren’t concerned with characters or parades, will crowds during a non-sold out party mean minimal wait times on rides?
Yes! I am going to the 11/19 party so I have been following wait times on party nights. You would be about to get into MK at 4pm and stay until midnight so plenty of time to get your Disney fix! Wait times are shorter (and they get shorter as the night goes on). The party is a Friday, so that's a factor, may be busier. I'd say go for it!

Is it unrealistic to hope to see all major entertainment offerings, ride the "themed" attractions and get some holiday treats (both free and specialty paid ones) AND still meet a few of the exclusive characters to the party? We aren't big character people but we do enjoy getting a character photo once in a while, especially if they're a bit rare...

If anything... we'd like to see Sandy Claws Jack & Sally, The Seven Dwarfs in their holiday garb, Scrooge & Donald, maybe Santa Goofy... Moana or the holiday Aladdin characters, though the first three or four are more important to us. A holiday photo with Mickey and/or Santa Claus would be fun too. I know just the first two are probably hours to wait and we definitely don't want to compromise any of the must-see entertainment for character meets if we can help it... I don't know... what do you guys think? Any timing strategies for meeting some of these characters in the flow of a typical party night? We'll be there for the Dec 1st party...

We have tickets for the plaza dessert party and plan to watch the first parade from Frontierland. Should we just make our way to the dessert party through Fantasyland after the parade passes us? Anyone have experience doing this?

Is it unrealistic to hope to see all major entertainment offerings, ride the "themed" attractions and get some holiday treats (both free and specialty paid ones) AND still meet a few of the exclusive characters to the party? We aren't big character people but we do enjoy getting a character photo once in a while, especially if they're a bit rare...

If anything... we'd like to see Sandy Claws Jack & Sally, The Seven Dwarfs in their holiday garb, Scrooge & Donald, maybe Santa Goofy... Moana or the holiday Aladdin characters, though the first three or four are more important to us. A holiday photo with Mickey and/or Santa Claus would be fun too. I know just the first two are probably hours to wait and we definitely don't want to compromise any of the must-see entertainment for character meets if we can help it... I don't know... what do you guys think? Any timing strategies for meeting some of these characters in the flow of a typical party night? We'll be there for the Dec 1st party...
You could knock off Jack & Sally then the dwarfs before the party officially starts at 7 if you can be in line for J&S at 3/3:30 then head directly to the dwarfs. After that, if you want to do all the themed rides and all the shows, that’s going to take up most of the official “party time.” Assuming you watch the second parade in Town Square, you could sneak in Santa or Mickey after the parade but before midnight, but that would likely be it for characters.

We have tickets for the plaza dessert party and plan to watch the first parade from Frontierland. Should we just make our way to the dessert party through Fantasyland after the parade passes us? Anyone have experience doing this?
We’ve tried this and got stuck in the hub waiting for the parade to pass (cutting through Adventureland), causing us to be very late to the dessert party. If you go with the 1st parade, I recommend watching the near Liberty Square then cutting behind the castle to get to Tomorrowland (which I assume is what you mean by cutting through Fantasyland?).

I apologize if I missed :o does anyone know what time Abu, Aladdin, Genie and Jasmine come out? We might attempt after our ADR which should be done around 6:30, unless it'll be crazy, then we'll skip to catch other offerings. We only want to get a pic to send to my grandboys who are big Aladdin fans. :)

I apologize if I missed :o does anyone know what time Abu, Aladdin, Genie and Jasmine come out? We might attempt after our ADR which should be done around 6:30, unless it'll be crazy, then we'll skip to catch other offerings. We only want to get a pic to send to my grandboys who are big Aladdin fans. :)
They come out at 7. Heading there right after dinner should be perfect timing to be at the front of the line. Remember they they meet in sets of 2, and switch every 30 minutes, so you’ll have to line up again after the first meet to get the second set. The CMs can help you time your line re-every - last year they advised us to go get a treat before re-entering to be assured the second set!

We’ve tried this and got stuck in the hub waiting for the parade to pass (cutting through Adventureland), causing us to be very late to the dessert party. If you go with the 1st parade, I recommend watching the near Liberty Square then cutting behind the castle to get to Tomorrowland (which I assume is what you mean by cutting through Fantasyland?).
Where do you check in for the party?

Sounds like Pinocchio Village Haus doesn't have all the cookies anymore? Last year I made several loops through there at the end of the night and filled up a bag to take home. Hoping to bring a lot home again this year too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!