"Official" 2019 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party: Oh-So-Jolly Holiday Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read there are both gluten free and healthy free snack options during the party. Does anyone have experience asking for these or know what is available?

When we have gone they have had Enjoy Life cookies [commercially packaged two-packs, usually chocolate chip or sugar cookies] and sometimes packets of apple slices. Also apple juice. You just ask for what allergy-friendly options they have at the counter where they are giving out the normal snacks.

SW

We have tickets to the first Party. Trying to decide if we want to book a dinner or not. Any thoughts?

Well I’m eating words of not attending another Christmas party. Do to shuffling some plans, our last Disney day is Sunday 11/24, which is a Christmas party night. So it looks like we will go out with a bang! (I would hate to end out last MK and last Disney day at 6, so Christmas party it is!)

(I think going in knowing it will be be crowded and what to expect will help...)

We have tickets to the first Party. Trying to decide if we want to book a dinner or not. Any thoughts?
I wouldn't do a dinner during the party, wastes about 1-2 hours of your time there. You could do an early dinner at 4-430 since you are able to get into the park at 4pm on party days! Hope that helps.
This is what we normally do!

We eat at CP around 2:45pm on party night or BoG @ 4pm. Nothing like a photo with the Beast in our party/holiday attire. BoG Castle has Christmas decor too. Year before last we were seated by @Cluelyss @ 4pm, BoG.

Going to our 1st party on November 14. What is the one character that is a must for you when you go?
We have tickets for Dec 2nd. My second party, DBF's first. He really like Jack Skellington, so we'll be in line for him. Otherwise, I love Mickey!

First year I'll be doing this. After reading about crowds and talking to my dad (dragging him down with me), we decided on two parties.

We have tickets for the Dec 3 & Dec 6 parties. I could have done Dec 5, but I'm going to try to rope drop DHS on Dec 6 (an after hours the night before taught me I couldn't get up early enough the next day😅).

Anyway, my plan is to focus on the exclusive shows & characters. I'm thinking of splitting time and focusing on one for each party. I'm just trying to decide if it's better to focus on characters one night & shows another, or if I can use the multiple showtimes to leverage splitting my time each night.

Curious- this will be our first Christmas party and will be just DH and I. We’ve done the Halloween party with the kids in the past. My question is this- with this being first party AND/OR just being DH and I, should be try to do one of the dessert parties or be better just immersing ourselves in just regular party things being our first?

First year I'll be doing this. After reading about crowds and talking to my dad (dragging him down with me), we decided on two parties.

We have tickets for the Dec 3 & Dec 6 parties. I could have done Dec 5, but I'm going to try to rope drop DHS on Dec 6 (an after hours the night before taught me I couldn't get up early enough the next day😅).

Anyway, my plan is to focus on the exclusive shows & characters. I'm thinking of splitting time and focusing on one for each party. I'm just trying to decide if it's better to focus on characters one night & shows another, or if I can use the multiple showtimes to leverage splitting my time each night.
We booked two parties for the reason you mentioned. We are doing characters one night and shows/rides the other night.

Curious- this will be our first Christmas party and will be just DH and I. We’ve done the Halloween party with the kids in the past. My question is this- with this being first party AND/OR just being DH and I, should be try to do one of the dessert parties or be better just immersing ourselves in just regular party things being our first?

Except for last year, we have always done 2 parties and have included a Dessert party during one. Last year no dessert party since, only attended one and was arriving 1-2am on party day, and didn't know how we would do. We left not long after the fireworks.

Question for you all. I’ve seen this addressed before but it’s still confusing to me.

We’re going to MVMCP during our trip in December. We have 3 other park days scheduled, both before and after the party. The day of the party we are not planning on going to a park beforehand.

As I understand it, we are allowed to book FP from 4-7 that day until the party begins. Will this interfere or limit our ability to use FP during our other park days (the system thinking we’ve already used all of our allotted FP, for example)?

Question for you all. I’ve seen this addressed before but it’s still confusing to me.

We’re going to MVMCP during our trip in December. We have 3 other park days scheduled, both before and after the party. The day of the party we are not planning on going to a park beforehand.

As I understand it, we are allowed to book FP from 4-7 that day until the party begins. Will this interfere or limit our ability to use FP during our other park days (the system thinking we’ve already used all of our allotted FP, for example)?

You are allowed to book 3 FP+ per day. FP+ times on party days end at 6pm, park closing. You are not allowed 6 FP+ on party day, unless used 3 pre-selected FP+ and additional FP+ are available. This info should be on Post #1. Hope this helps, little confused on your question.

You are available to book FP+ with MVMCP ticket, but can't use until allowed entry time, which has typically been 4pm. So most book, 3:30pm-4:30pm-5:30pm. You can see 30 minute increments toward closing on party days. All this is based on past details. You can go to the MNSSHP thread since that starts next month and PP have already booked FP+, but you'll have to go through all the posts, could possibly do a search. There's FP+ info and links in Post #1 on MNSSHP and MVMCP threads.

You are allowed to book 3 FP+ per day. FP+ times on party days end at 6pm, park closing. You are not allowed 6 FP+ on party day, unless used 3 pre-selected FP+ and additional FP+ are available. This info should be on Post #1. Hope this helps, little confused on your question.

You are available to book FP+ with MVMCP ticket, but can't use until allowed entry time, which has typically been 4pm. So most book, 3:30pm-4:30pm-5:30pm. You can see 30 minute increments toward closing on party days. All this is based on past details. You can go to the MNSSHP thread since that starts next month and PP have already booked FP+, but you'll have to go through all the posts, could possibly do a search. There's FP+ info and links in Post #1 on MNSSHP and MVMCP threads.

Great, that’s what I was initially thinking as well. I’ve read people saying you shouldn’t book FP on party day because it will cancel out ones you made for future park dates. I took this screenshot from back in March for example. Thank you so much!

Attachments

• 91814D93-8D7B-4CFD-96AA-5904CE02D50C.png
    91814D93-8D7B-4CFD-96AA-5904CE02D50C.png
    150.5 KB · Views: 23
Going to our 1st party on November 14. What is the one character that is a must for you when you go?
We are planning to attend November 14th too. This will be our second time. We don't have a must character, we just try to wing it (lol) and get surprised.

We *may* be attending the very first party. My group of 13 have put in our order form through Shades of Green ticket office but have not yet heard back from them at all (very frustrating) so hopefully it won't sell out. I've never done one of these parties so not sure of everything I need to be aware of. We will have one person in our group in an ECV who doesn't have the ability to stand or walk for long so not sure how the parade will work out with the group splitting up for that. I also didn't realize you could go in as early as 4:00PM. Do they publish that? And if the park closes at 6PM to regular guests how do they know that you can stay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter