"Official" 2019 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Frightfully Festive Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am here tonight and it is extremely crowded compared to the party Friday. Seems like this event is getting more popular by the year. I cannot imagine what the crowds will be like in the coming month.

We have been to many, many sold out parties and thought last year was bad. Tonight is much worse. If there were anyway to get our money back, we would be outta here.

We're there next Sunday as well. This is making me nervous. I wonder if there is something special going on tonight that makes this sell out unique??? Fingers Crossed. Enjoy your trip!
We’ll be there next Sunday too. I hold out no hope it won’t be a sell out. We rarely do these things anymore, but it’s a short trip and we wanted to see the fireworks and shows. We have very low expectations and I’m am fully aware it’s not worth the money we’re paying to do it.

We have been to many, many sold out parties and thought last year was bad. Tonight is much worse. If there were anyway to get our money back, we would be outta here.

If it’s that miserable, and I don’t question at all that it is, go make your case at guest services. You never know. I got a refund for a magic morning when both SDMT and PPF flight were down and those are supposedly non refundable as well. Maybe if enough people pitch a fit, they’ll do something.

We’ll be there next Sunday too. I hold out no hope it won’t be a sell out. We rarely do these things anymore, but it’s a short trip and we wanted to see the fireworks and shows. We have very low expectations and I’m am fully aware it’s not worth the money we’re paying to do it.

I did the Christmas party in 2011 but never the Halloween party, so I just wanted to experience the decorations, the parade and the fireworks. I was hoping to see some of the special characters, but I wasn't planning on doing any actual meet and greets (my son is 13 and is "over" the characters, sigh). We are doing after hours on 9/26 so the rides aren't even a priority. I just don't like wall-to-wall people, especially when it is humid out and we are paying extra!

Good luck to you (and all of us!) :)

I did the Christmas party in 2011 but never the Halloween party, so I just wanted to experience the decorations, the parade and the fireworks. I was hoping to see some of the special characters, but I wasn't planning on doing any actual meet and greets (my son is 13 and is "over" the characters, sigh). We are doing after hours on 9/26 so the rides aren't even a priority. I just don't like wall-to-wall people, especially when it is humid out and we are paying extra!

Good luck to you (and all of us!) :)
We’re doing the after hours too on the 26th. At least for now, that’s a hard ticket event that isn’t oversold. I can’t stand really heavy crowds but my bunch really wanted to see the new fireworks. I’ll probably be the official spot holder for the parade and fireworks. I can’t take trying to navigate in heavy crowds.

At tonight’s party. Been coming to MK for 14 years. This is only my second party. Without a doubt the most crowded I have ever seen MK. Gave up on collecting candy after 2nd stop. Just unbelievable lines. Rather just go to shop and buy a big selection pack! Long lines for all rides. I think I must have got confused because I thought Disney marketed this as shorter lines.
Still having fun but this is nothing like party I was at in 2019. Can’t help thinking a Disney got greedy. Especially when I saw $7 for a pretzel. Seriously!!

If it’s that miserable, and I don’t question at all that it is, go make your case at guest services. You never know. I got a refund for a magic morning when both SDMT and PPF flight were down and those are supposedly non refundable as well. Maybe if enough people pitch a fit, they’ll do something.

I have a feeling GR has a long line and, for now, just need to calm down and rest.

The crowd bottlenecks badly between liberty square and riverboat, and I was smack in the middle of a crowd of people arguing. It was anxiety inducing. Then trying to escape to the side, inadvertently ended up in the HM line and was told in raised voice matter of fairly that I was cutting. I can’t win.

It just seems to be run very poorly, starting with the entrance. The CM are having a difficult time handling the crowds and lines.

We are doing a quick weekend trip and will be there next Sunday too. Hopefully it won’t be as busy as it appears tonight is...

It is getting cooler as the night goes on. Splash mountain still seems to be down. I cannot believe the candy lines. Friday they were not too bad. Tonight they are insane. No way I am standing in a line longer for candy than for smugglers run lol.
Wow these are really bad reports from tonight. Even though I thought Friday was crowded, we never had a long wait for candy. The lines continuously moved and only took 5-10 minutes at the longest

At tonight’s party. Been coming to MK for 14 years. This is only my second party. Without a doubt the most crowded I have ever seen MK. Gave up on collecting candy after 2nd stop. Just unbelievable lines. Rather just go to shop and buy a big selection pack! Long lines for all rides. I think I must have got confused because I thought Disney marketed this as shorter lines.
Still having fun but this is nothing like party I was at in 2019. Can’t help thinking a Disney got greedy. Especially when I saw $7 for a pretzel. Seriously!!

I love Disney but it’s not the same as it used to be, for a variety of reasons. Selling too many tickets is one of them.

I have a feeling GR has a long line and, for now, just need to calm down and rest.

The crowd bottlenecks badly between liberty square and riverboat, and I was smack in the middle of a crowd of people arguing. It was anxiety inducing. Then trying to escape to the side, inadvertently ended up in the HM line and was told in raised voice matter of fairly that I was cutting. I can’t win.

It just seems to be run very poorly, starting with the entrance. The CM are having a difficult time handling the crowds and lines.
Sorry to hear you got stuck in that too! Yes on Tues 9/17 the crowd was so bad in Liberty Square the CMs just seemed to give up. And I don’t blame them - it was terrible.

We are also going next Sunday, and while they have been crowded they have never been unmanageable. Makes me nervous for sure!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter