"Official" 2019 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Frightfully Festive Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, all! Been making my way through bits and pieces of this thread but have not read nearly every page. Going to our first Halloween party at the end of October and frankly am feeling overwhelmed. I am the planner in our Disney trips and love it, so this is a new feeling for me LOL. Does anyone have any general guidance for making a plan, order in which to attack things?
It's just me and my husband attending. Currently have Cruella's booked so planning to watch the second parade. I do not want to spend a lot of time in character lines, would like to see maybe 1 or 2 just so we have some cute pics of a couple in their Halloween outfits. Photopass pics will be a high priority, especially anything by Haunted Mansion because our costumes are HM themed. Won't make trick or treating a high priority either. Would like to ride HM, PoTC, and Space at the least. Any general tips are greatly appreciated!!

Hi, all! Been making my way through bits and pieces of this thread but have not read nearly every page. Going to our first Halloween party at the end of October and frankly am feeling overwhelmed. I am the planner in our Disney trips and love it, so this is a new feeling for me LOL. Does anyone have any general guidance for making a plan, order in which to attack things?
It's just me and my husband attending. Currently have Cruella's booked so planning to watch the second parade. I do not want to spend a lot of time in character lines, would like to see maybe 1 or 2 just so we have some cute pics of a couple in their Halloween outfits. Photopass pics will be a high priority, especially anything by Haunted Mansion because our costumes are HM themed. Won't make trick or treating a high priority either. Would like to ride HM, PoTC, and Space at the least. Any general tips are greatly appreciated!!
Hit HM (ride and photo ops) during the first parade. Avoid the rides with overlays early in the night, as many head to them right at 7. If you let us know which characters are a priority we can help form a plan for your night. Character lines are often shorter later in the night, but with planning to do Cruella’s and the 2nd parade, you’ll have to hit characters early on, so I might suggest any that meet before official party start time (Dwarfs, Jack and Sally or Moana) if any of those interest you. Also don’t miss the Gravediggers M&G at the gazebo!

Hit HM (ride and photo ops) during the first parade. Avoid the rides with overlays early in the night, as many head to them right at 7. If you let us know which characters are a priority we can help form a plan for your night. Character lines are often shorter later in the night, but with planning to do Cruella’s and the 2nd parade, you’ll have to hit characters early on, so I might suggest any that meet before official party start time (Dwarfs, Jack and Sally or Moana) if any of those interest you. Also don’t miss the Gravediggers M&G at the gazebo!
Thank you very much!! I really appreciate this. When would you recommend doing Mickey at Town Square & and Donald & Daisy?

Anyone else planning on attending the 10/14 (Columbus Day) Party. Since it's on a Monday we were hoping it wouldn't be as bad as the weekend ones? Never been before.

Anyone else planning on attending the 10/14 (Columbus Day) Party. Since it's on a Monday we were hoping it wouldn't be as bad as the weekend ones? Never been before.
I haven’t been to the party that day but we did do a trip around that time a couple years ago... as it approached Columbus Day, it got much busier than the days prior... seems like a number of schools have a fall break in that timeframe.

Wow, I had lots of reading to catch up on! I still have a few questions I'm hoping someone can answer:

As far as the Magic Shot with the headless horseman outside - if we are arriving at the park for a 4pm entry will we still be able to get that shot? If not, what time does it end? I really don't want to have to exit the park and come back in.

GraveDiggers - any specific times better to catch them?

If planning on 2nd parade, which Hocus Pocus showtime is recommended? I'm thinking first and last will be most crowded? But then the fireworks are at 10:15 so maybe everyone just stays there? I'm torn on what to do.

Haunted Mansion - We have a 5:30 FP, obviously the extra party stuff starts later - can we do that stuff w/o riding again if line is real long? I think I read we can just go to the entrance and exits?

Also, what time do the shops close on Main Street? When I attended MVMCP, I spent so much time in front of an empty castle at the end of the night that all the shops were already closed. I REALLY want the Amuck Cupcake!

Here was my costume for tonight’s party! Was so surprised by how nice everyone was. I know it’s not permitted in parks but when kids ask you for a photo I could not refuse them! I was even more shocked when the cast members over at the little mermaid trick or treat station asked for a picture too. Thought that was naughty of them!! 😬 did everything I wanted and more 😊

Attachments

• DCFB5D77-4E4E-41E8-831B-41CF7B5FF7E2.jpeg
    DCFB5D77-4E4E-41E8-831B-41CF7B5FF7E2.jpeg
    85.6 KB · Views: 114
Here was my costume for tonight’s party! Was so surprised by how nice everyone was. I know it’s not permitted in parks but when kids ask you for a photo I could not refuse them! I was even more shocked when the cast members over at the little mermaid trick or treat station asked for a picture too. Thought that was naughty of them!! 😬 did everything I wanted and more 😊

You look amazing!!! :love: No issue with your hook at security right?! ;)

Oh NO! This was the only party night that works for us.:worried: Maybe I should go ahead and book the Dessert Party to help deal with the crowd. Just afraid it will interfere with the Parade.
I haven’t been to the party that day but we did do a trip around that time a couple years ago... as it approached Columbus Day, it got much busier than the days prior... seems like a number of schools have a fall break in that timeframe.

Oh NO! This was the only party night that works for us.:worried: Maybe I should go ahead and book the Dessert Party to help deal with the crowd. Just afraid it will interfere with the Parade.

We did the Friday party of Columbus Day weekend last year (and had a great party compared to a very crowded party just two Fridays before).

Last year, the Columbus Day parties were $89/$109/$99 (Thurs, Fri, Mon) and Fri didn’t have an AP/DVC discount.

We met a few folks around the resort/parks later that weekend who went to the Thursday party and were flaming mad at crowds, etc. We had an excellent time Friday night and thought crowds were very manageable, it almost seemed like a night/day experience compared to ours. I walked away thinking that we witnessed a prime example of how ticket costs can sometimes influence party crowds.

Monday was our last day so didn’t stay long enough to experience that party (our Fall Break is Thurs-Mon).

This year they are $105/$115/$105 (Thurs,Fri,Mon) and all have an AP/DVC discount.

Not sure what any of that says about anything though, but I ultimately wouldn’t worry too much about it - a good plan and expectations always tends to trump specific conditions at any one party.

(Although I’m hoping for similar results on Friday as we had last year!!!)

We did the Friday party of Columbus Day weekend last year (and had a great party compared to a very crowded party just two Fridays before).

Last year, the Columbus Day parties were $89/$109/$99 (Thurs, Fri, Mon) and Fri didn’t have an AP/DVC discount.

We met a few folks around the resort/parks later that weekend who went to the Thursday party and were flaming mad at crowds, etc. We had an excellent time Friday night and thought crowds were very manageable, it almost seemed like a night/day experience compared to ours. I walked away thinking that we witnessed a prime example of how ticket costs can sometimes influence party crowds.

Monday was our last day so didn’t stay long enough to experience that party (our Fall Break is Thurs-Mon).

This year they are $105/$115/$105 (Thurs,Fri,Mon) and all have an AP/DVC discount.

Not sure what any of that says about anything though, but I ultimately wouldn’t worry too much about it - a good plan and expectations always tends to trump specific conditions at any one party.

(Although I’m hoping for similar results on Friday as we had last year!!!)
I guess we will just have to make the best of it since it' s our only option. We are going when the grandson has some days off from school and the parties worked-out that way. Have y'all done the Dessert Party with the reserved FW viewing? We will probably be leaving after FW with the 6 and 2 yr. old.

Update: Disney Springs Halloween Backdrops

Reservations are not required to visit the studio, and if you have Memory Maker or Memory Maker One Day, photos captured here are included as part of your entitlement!

View attachment 435837

View attachment 435833

View attachment 435834

View attachment 435835

The MNSSHP Magic Shot post has been updated with a link to these offerings. You are only allowed to post 10 photos and I'm at my limit so I created a new DISNEY SPRINGS Halloween post, here's the direct link:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/magic-shots-current-listings.3619546/post-57932023
OMG! I so hate I missed these. Suffering from severe Disney (and Not So Scary) withdrawal.

I guess we will just have to make the best of it since it' s our only option. We are going when the grandson has some days off from school and the parties worked-out that way. Have y'all done the Dessert Party with the reserved FW viewing? We will probably be leaving after FW with the 6 and 2 yr. old.

Yes, I did the Plaza Garden viewing dessert party with my 9 year old a few weeks ago. I’m a big fan of the dessert party with little ones as it takes a bit of the worry off over finding a spot, what if one has to go to the bathroom, etc. The garden is also a good place to “let the wiggles out” for little ones while waiting for the show.

It’s definitely a splurge and wouldn’t appeal to everyone, but it has some benefit for our style.

In full disclosure, I’m not necessarily a fan of the food but do these more for the reserved space.

Hi! What are the disadvantages of the 2nd parade? We will be there Sept 24th. Mainly interested in rides, a few TOT stations, meeting the Gravediggers, Magic shots and the fireworks and parade. Really not interested in other characters. I thought the second parade would work best for us but the main page mentioned disadvantages for both parades. We will arrive at 4 and plan to stay until close. Thanks!

Yes, I did the Plaza Garden viewing dessert party with my 9 year old a few weeks ago. I’m a big fan of the dessert party with little ones as it takes a bit of the worry off over finding a spot, what if one has to go to the bathroom, etc. The garden is also a good place to “let the wiggles out” for little ones while waiting for the show.

It’s definitely a splurge and wouldn’t appeal to everyone, but it has some benefit for our style.

In full disclosure, I’m not necessarily a fan of the food but do these more for the reserved space.
I thought I read that the Plaza Garden viewing was a more direct-view of the castle than the other one? Is it also close to the side exit for leaving the park? I thought I heard this. Thanks for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!