"Official" 2019 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Frightfully Festive Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the fence for this year. It would be our fourth party. I personally love the party - the music, costumes, trick or treat, the parade.l, just the magic I feel being there. My husband doesn’t love it and gets stressed with the crowd, heat, our girls getting cranky, all the candy we have after, catching a bus back. My girls like it, but get tired early and then I’m just pushing everyone to keep going until the fireworks. We are planning MK and HS EMM. Maybe those will be our special extras instead of the party this year...I’m torn!

I was going to say something similar to @Disneylover99. Different things work for different families and kids ages, but one thing we've enjoyed over the last few years is splitting up at times, especially for events like MNSSHP. For example, I'll often go with just me and one of our kids. I love going to the party as a family too, but just something really fun about going with two - you can be more in the moment, more flexible, less 'worrying' about if someone else is having fun, etc.

Ohana means family, and family means no one is left behind... except for rope drop, MNSSHP, Happily Ever After, and FoP FPs. :-)

What are your guys thoughts on a beach day the same day as a party? We have a limited number of days and I don't want to do the party on a park day. The only other free day is our beach day. We are thinking Cocoa Beach which I think is a little over an hour drive. Thanks everyone!

What are your guys thoughts on a beach day the same day as a party? We have a limited number of days and I don't want to do the party on a park day. The only other free day is our beach day. We are thinking Cocoa Beach which I think is a little over an hour drive. Thanks everyone!

When are you going? People can be tired after a day at the beach, particularly if it's hot. The party itself can be crowded, hot and exhausting with very long lines, depending on what you want to do. I rested the afternoon of the party and I still was exhausted during the party. I, personally, think this would be overdoing it.

I agree with @Best Aunt. While a beach day sounds like a fun and relaxing break, the reality (for me anyways) is that the sun, sand and water suck the life out of me. I’d be too tired to go to the party.

When are you going? People can be tired after a day at the beach, particularly if it's hot. The party itself can be crowded, hot and exhausting with very long lines, depending on what you want to do. I rested the afternoon of the party and I still was exhausted during the party. I, personally, think this would be overdoing it.

I agree with @Best Aunt. While a beach day sounds like a fun and relaxing break, the reality (for me anyways) is that the sun, sand and water suck the life out of me. I’d be too tired to go to the party.

We are going Sept. 22-28 so I'm sure it will be hot. I'm sure you both are right. I think we will have to think of something else. Thanks for the input. I appreciate it!!

On the fence for this year. It would be our fourth party. I personally love the party - the music, costumes, trick or treat, the parade.l, just the magic I feel being there. My husband doesn’t love it and gets stressed with the crowd, heat, our girls getting cranky, all the candy we have after, catching a bus back. My girls like it, but get tired early and then I’m just pushing everyone to keep going until the fireworks. We are planning MK and HS EMM. Maybe those will be our special extras instead of the party this year...I’m torn!

Pirate & Pals Fireworks & Cruise is a lot of fun. Includes desserts at the Contemporary and rare character meet & greet. Costumes are optional but more fun if dressed as a pirate! pirate:

Link: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/contemporary-resort/pirates-and-pals-fireworks-voyage/

Obviously Disney has not updated, shows discounts for AP & DVC members 2018. I think that ship has sailed! :rotfl:

I just planned my second party for when I am there is September and I go by myself.

Awesome! :)

I feel like I sort of go by myself. After we shop for party exclusive merchandise, use a couple of fp’s and grab a bite to eat, we split up.

My kids spend the party lining up for characters, my husband hits the trick or treat trails multiple times and I relax and watch both parades. Sometimes we meet up for fireworks, but we always meet up at the end at the midnight Hocus Pocus show. :)

Just got Sept 2 tickets and taking my 80 something Mom. She is so excited I have been a few times before, so all about her and what she wants to see- parade and show for sure. She has never trick or treated in her life, so she wants to do it all

See you there!

Really on the fence about going this year. Last year was great the party was crowded for the meet n greats. But DD and I are there for the rides and trick o treating. We already plan to do H20 nights and one desert party. Plus we were thinking of doing AH instead. So for the 4 of us that is 500.00. We are there for 2 weeks and are staying at pop on a FD BB offer. We were going to spring for a moderate but we all voted for extras instead. Halloween tickets would be alot cheaper at 320.00. So we will see. I don't really care about the extras for AH since we have the dining plan and arrive late the first night so we will already have credits left over.

I cannot like this post enough! Well worded my friend! Paradegate 2018 :rotfl2:

Oh no, what’s this? We were supposed to do the dessert party in 2016 but alas, hurricane matthew.... What I was looking forward to the most was the parade viewing. Is that not a component of the dessert party anymore? I was looking forward to that for my sept trip this year...

Really on the fence about going this year. Last year was great the party was crowded for the meet n greats. But DD and I are there for the rides and trick o treating. We already plan to do H20 nights and one desert party. Plus we were thinking of doing AH instead. So for the 4 of us that is 500.00. We are there for 2 weeks and are staying at pop on a FD BB offer. We were going to spring for a moderate but we all voted for extras instead. Halloween tickets would be alot cheaper at 320.00. So we will see. I don't really care about the extras for AH since we have the dining plan and arrive late the first night so we will already have credits left over.

thinking along the same lines.... we did after hours this past june and my son still raves about it. I'd love to try this Halloween party but we likely wont do both. Of course if there is no after hours event that week then its a moot point. standing by for a bit to see how this plays out.

thinking along the same lines.... we did after hours this past june and my son still raves about it. I'd love to try this Halloween party but we likely wont do both. Of course if there is no after hours event that week then its a moot point. standing by for a bit to see how this plays out.
I know it is a hard choice. We do really like MNSSHP but we have been every year. AH I know would be less crowded. MY dh is no help. LOL

Oh no, what’s this? We were supposed to do the dessert party in 2016 but alas, hurricane matthew.... What I was looking forward to the most was the parade viewing. Is that not a component of the dessert party anymore? I was looking forward to that for my sept trip this year...

2018 Disney made a mistake on the packages, it's a long story. At MVMCP they offered parade viewing with Tony's package and a dessert package for fireworks. So separate packages to get both.

Had no plans to go to Disney this year after our last trip in November 2018...was going to "take a year off." Traveling to my sister's in Daytona right before school in August since summer is my busy time at work and can't vacation before then...dates for MNSSHP announced and of course...now I have one night booked at a Disney resort to go to MNSSHP on Tuesday, August 20th before flying home on the 21st...Just take my money Disney....

I think a friend and her two daughters are going to come and make it a girls trip. I need group disney costume ideas! There are five of us, 2 adult moms, and then three girls (11, 11, and 9). Girls are not into Princesses and the two 11 year olds are peak tween sass at the moment (9 year old is way more agreeable o_O).

Girls are not into Princesses and the two 11 year olds are peak tween sass at the moment (9 year old is way more agreeable o_O).

Love this ^ , great way to put it! Tween's must have a favorite TV show... maybe Sabrina, that would be a great theme for them. Don't always have to match to have fun!

Had no plans to go to Disney this year after our last trip in November 2018...was going to "take a year off." Traveling to my sister's in Daytona right before school in August since summer is my busy time at work and can't vacation before then...dates for MNSSHP announced and of course...now I have one night booked at a Disney resort to go to MNSSHP on Tuesday, August 20th before flying home on the 21st...Just take my money Disney....

I think a friend and her two daughters are going to come and make it a girls trip. I need group disney costume ideas! There are five of us, 2 adult moms, and then three girls (11, 11, and 9). Girls are not into Princesses and the two 11 year olds are peak tween sass at the moment (9 year old is way more agreeable o_O).

Dwarves from Snow White? Pooh characters (this would with my sibs because we all have different favs)? Star Wars? Totally depends on what everyone actually likes!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter