"Official" 2019 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Frightfully Festive Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Following. Always a worthwhile extra $ even with increased crowds.
Key is to arrive before 4pm entrance and squeeze as much as you can out of the party.
Also critical to make a plan and highlight 3 or 4 special, unique party things that are important to you and your family. Anything else is gravy. Impossible to do everything.

I don't think I posed this question in this thread yet but curious about folks' opinions:

What would you do? Burn a park day on a party day, or take the longer drive the day before arrival to use a park day on check-in day?

We never burn a park day on party day. We sleep late (9 or 10), brunch, swim, or monorail hop until it's time for late lunch/tea, and then get to the park at exactly 4pm.

Do they do the "kiss" after parties?
I was told by a castmember last year that they don't do the kiss after parties. (I was waiting on the kiss at the time and it hadn't happened. This was maybe 10 minutes past the midnight park close.)

This will be my first MNSSHP - can we use the DAS for rides during the party? Thanks in advance!

My understanding is that the DAS involves being told to return at a certain time and go to the Fastpass line. But there are no Fastpasses during the party, so this doesn’t work.

I’m sure someone will correct me if I’m wrong.

This will be my first MNSSHP - can we use the DAS for rides during the party? Thanks in advance!

After 6pm on a party day there are no fastpasses, so you cannot use DAS. It only applies when there are Fastpass lines available.

That said, if you arrive to MK between 4 and 6 those are still technically "regular" park hours when FP would be available to other guests, so you can use DAS at that time.

I have a question about tickets and MNSSHP tickets linked to MDE/magic bands. We will have 8 day 1 Park tickets.
We plan to NOT use one of those days for the party , instead use that as a resort day and get there right at 4pm.

How do I make sure one of the regular tickets isn’t used ? Is it better to bring the email with my ticket barcode vs scanning the magic band ?

We will be there from 10/30-11/5. This is going to be our first party now that my daughter is old enough to enjoy it. We had originally planned on going on 10/31 but now that there is a 11/1 party we might do that instead. I figure both are pretty crowded but these dates worked best around my daughter's school schedule.

Any thoughts as to which one is better? And if we settle on 11/1 what else is there to do on Halloween night?

We will be there from 10/30-11/5. This is going to be our first party now that my daughter is old enough to enjoy it. We had originally planned on going on 10/31 but now that there is a 11/1 party we might do that instead. I figure both are pretty crowded but these dates worked best around my daughter's school schedule.

Any thoughts as to which one is better? And if we settle on 11/1 what else is there to do on Halloween night?

All of the resorts will have activities on halloween.
They will likely also offer Return to Sleepy Hallow - dessert party, watch legend of sleepy hallow, photo op with headless horseman, and a GREAT swag bag!!!! Missing this is the biggest draw back to going in sept or aug as these are only available in oct.

I have a question about tickets and MNSSHP tickets linked to MDE/magic bands. We will have 8 day 1 Park tickets.
We plan to NOT use one of those days for the party , instead use that as a resort day and get there right at 4pm.

How do I make sure one of the regular tickets isn’t used ? Is it better to bring the email with my ticket barcode vs scanning the magic band ?

They will have an area of tapstyles dedicated to people attending the party. Using your MB at these tapstyles to enter should take off your MNSSHP tickets. However, I’ve had wrong tickets used before (not at MNSSHP) even after I’ve prioritized them. I’d just bring the barcode and scan if that’s an option. Then you don’t need to worry. :)

So excited! This will be our family’s second time, but our daughter’s first. I cant wait to see her reactions. We’re planning on the Sept 17th party.

Our family will be at WDW 10/19- 10/25.
Super excited to attend MNSSHP again. We attended two parties in 2017, on a Sunday and Thursday evening. We definitely felt the Sunday party was more heavily attended than the Thursday party.
Noticing that during our dates this year, there will parties on Sunday, Monday and Thursday (10/20, 10/21, and 10/24).
Hoping for advice from the experts- ideas on least crowded party? We’ve decided to attend just one party this year.
Thanks in advance! Much appreciated!!

Our family will be at WDW 10/19- 10/25.
Super excited to attend MNSSHP again. We attended two parties in 2017, on a Sunday and Thursday evening. We definitely felt the Sunday party was more heavily attended than the Thursday party.
Noticing that during our dates this year, there will parties on Sunday, Monday and Thursday (10/20, 10/21, and 10/24).
Hoping for advice from the experts- ideas on least crowded party? We’ve decided to attend just one party this year.
Thanks in advance! Much appreciated!!
Those are the dates of our trip as well! Trying to decide between 10/20 and 10/21 for MNSSHP, and holding Thursday for Return to Sleepy Hollow (if they offer it again this year). I think the general pattern is that Tuesday parties are least crowded, followed by Sunday. Not sure what to expect with a Monday party? I'm very curious as to why there is a Monday party that week instead of a Tuesday party? Would love to do two parties this year (we also did two parties in 2017, just one in 2018), but just can't seem to fit it all in.

This is my family's first trip with MNSSHP, going between sept. 18th-25th. We have the option of the Friday, Sunday and Tuesday nights for the party. From what I've been reading is that Tuesdays are the "best" nights to go then Sundays and Fridays being the busiest. Then I have also read a lot from many people that say it doesn't matter at all which night of the week you pick, it's going to be busy and you can't plan for it. So it's been frustrating to choose lol. I wish it was obvious but it sounds like I have to just pick the night that works best for my trip and see what happens!

This is my family's first trip with MNSSHP, going between sept. 18th-25th. We have the option of the Friday, Sunday and Tuesday nights for the party. From what I've been reading is that Tuesdays are the "best" nights to go then Sundays and Fridays being the busiest. Then I have also read a lot from many people that say it doesn't matter at all which night of the week you pick, it's going to be busy and you can't plan for it. So it's been frustrating to choose lol. I wish it was obvious but it sounds like I have to just pick the night that works best for my trip and see what happens!

We just pick the day that fits best in our schedule. Then have a plan for the party of the things you want to do. We like to do a. Resort morning and party evening followed by a late start day. So we plug it in with what works best. We actually attend a Christmas party on a Friday close to Christmas last year and it wasn’t too bad.

I went to both the Sunday and Tuesday party that same week this past year. Both were fine. I would choose either of those again. I remember the reports of the Friday party being crowded

Wondering this too.

Wouldn’t be surprised to see them offer something similar to the Tony’s MVMCP package with parade viewing at MNSSHP, in addition to the fireworks dessert party ....
I'm guessing they WILL do something like this. It was very well received last year for MVMCP (we did it and really really enjoyed it).

How bad are the crowds at the party on Columbus Day? That’s looking like it would be our only choice for MNSSHP this year. We travel to Disney at some of the busiest times of the year and are used to heavy crowds during regular park hours, but our previous trips for MNSSHP have been at less busy times and we haven’t had any substantial waits. We choose to skip character meetings and do rides and trick-or-treat instead, but I’m not sure what to expect. How long are trick-or-treat lines? Popular rides (like space mountain)? Less popular rides? How early would we need to have a decent spot for the parade? I’m just trying to get a sense of how busy this party could be.
We went the day after Columbus Day last year so that would have made it a tuesday. I almost expected crowds to be a little bigger thinking maybe some people would really make it an extended weekend but it was fine. Even if you went on Columbus Day, technically there would be school the next day.

For those of you who have attended before: The wife and I are planning to squeeze in one last trip before our annual passes expire in December centered around the Halloween Party. Our plan is to hit the last weekend in September -- but we can either go Wednesday to Sunday and hit the 9/27 party, or go Friday-Tuesday and hit the Sunday 9/29 party. Which do you recommend? I've seen that Sunday has lighter crowds, but I figure both will be busy. The Friday party would work better with our schedule, but is the crowd difference enough to justify a wonky work week? Thanks in advance!
Fridays are usually when locals come to the parties so take that for what it's worth.

I don't think I posed this question in this thread yet but curious about folks' opinons:

We are driving down and staying onsite from 8/26-9/3 and plan to hit one of the MNSSHP nights (probably 8/27 or 8/30)

We have 7 day hoppers, and could either time things to arrive early on 8/26 and use a park day (which would mean having a resort day on MNSSHP day) or arrive around check in time on 8/26 and use a park day on MNSSHP day. I'm not a huge fan of that idea, but also it would mean being able to log fewer miles over two days rather than making the bulk of the trip in a single day. I have hilton points that I can use on a hotel so cost isn't a factor, just time.

What would you do? Burn a park day on a party day, or take the longer drive the day before arrival to use a park day on check-in day?
Like most here I would make your party day very casual.....don't rush and waste a park day on it. That way you can really enjoy the evening and won't be too tired.

I think as long as you enter through the MNSSHP turnstiles you should be ok but bring your paper or plastic ticket just in case.

So excited! This will be our family’s second time, but our daughter’s first. I cant wait to see her reactions. We’re planning on the Sept 17th party.
Woot! That's our party night too! We went the second week of October last year and it was pretty dang hot that night. I'm gearing hubby up for a hotter Sept party date.

On the fence for this year. It would be our fourth party. I personally love the party - the music, costumes, trick or treat, the parade.l, just the magic I feel being there. My husband doesn’t love it and gets stressed with the crowd, heat, our girls getting cranky, all the candy we have after, catching a bus back. My girls like it, but get tired early and then I’m just pushing everyone to keep going until the fireworks. We are planning MK and HS EMM. Maybe those will be our special extras instead of the party this year...I’m torn!

On the fence for this year. It would be our fourth party. I personally love the party - the music, costumes, trick or treat, the parade.l, just the magic I feel being there. My husband doesn’t love it and gets stressed with the crowd, heat, our girls getting cranky, all the candy we have after, catching a bus back. My girls like it, but get tired early and then I’m just pushing everyone to keep going until the fireworks. We are planning MK and HS EMM. Maybe those will be our special extras instead of the party this year...I’m torn!
Maybe you could go by yourself. :)
Your family can relax at the resort, swim, maybe watch a movie.
Just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter