"Official" 2019 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Frightfully Festive Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay here's a rough idea of our day yesterday:

-Philharmagic for treats, we also stopped and watched for about 15 or so minutes. I have to vent for a second. The theater was practically empty and we chose seats near the front so no one around us. Two women literally came and sat RIGHT BEHIND US. Who does that?!! The entire theater was almost empty and they sat behind us. We ended up moving down a few seats because it was just weird.

9:15 got a spot for the fireworks (we were to the left of the partner statue behind a fence and had a great view of the fireworks, lots of people tried to squeeze their way in at the last minute, but we held our ground, we could kind of see the parade but it wasn't a great view which was fine because we've seen it before)
:rotfl2: :thumbsup2

Astro Orbiter is now open!
I think I posted it closed down some time in Aug prior to the first party, here’s the scoop:

“The attraction closed unexpectedly in July for unplanned maintenance and missed two reopening dates.”

Thanks BlogMickey!

Last edited:
-Hit Tangled bathrooms, thought the lantern photopass photo was cool; actually saw a kid dressed as the lantern taking a photo with the lantern, which was awesome; very cool costume idea
This was the floating lantern photo op right?

I asked the moms panel and was told this isn’t done during the Halloween party. xD

I thought they were doing it during the first mnsshp but I could be wrong.
I won’t be there till October 11th so I was trying to figure out how to fit this in. But if it is during the party, that makes things so much easier. I been hoping to confirm this too by watching the app ‘photopass’ locations but lol the moms panel answer I received.

So our first party was 9/20. We had a great time. The crowds did not feel worse than the crowd at MK the Wednesday before. I was expecting it to be worse. The hub was crowded but outside of that it was fine.

We had park tickets so we went to the park at 8:30am hit all the rides we wanted, used our fast passes and then went back for naps. We arrived at the party at 6:30.

1) MNSSHP Card
2) Popcorn bucket and Wedding cake (this was not a snack credit on the plan and that was annoying)
3) 7:15 Monsters Inc Treat Trail (loved it).
4) Pirates posted 35 min wait but was actually 15. Also fun.
5) 8:15 Grabbed seats on the left of the partners statue for Hocus Pocus. I loved the show but it freaked out my 10 year old so we had to forgo any thought about Haunted Mansion. So we did treat trails (incl MonstersInc again) and then spent some time in Mickeys Philarmagic with popcorn and candy.
6) 9:45 Starlight for the Lotsa Burger which I thought was good.
7) 10:15 Watched the fireworks from tomorrow land because my daughter wasn’t going back near the front of the castle.
8) Spent 45 minutes in Monsters Inc until my daughter got picked to dance for candy. Highlight of the evening
9) Magic Shots on the way out to the busses.

We did everything we wanted except Haunted Mansion and I filled up a back pack and two treat bags with candy. They were giving handfuls. All in all I was pretty happy with it. The fantastic weather didn’t hurt. Thanks to everyone for their advice.

All these crowd comments are scaring me! We planned on attending the 10/27 party which is the Sunday before Halloween. If it has been that miserable already-I cant imagine how bad the week of Halloween will be. My DD would be so disappointed if I changed the plans. Our last party was is 2017. Has Disney increased the # of tickets sold since then?

That’s the same party my party of 3 is attending :)

A CM friend told me that last night was the last night for CMs to get discounted party tickets for September. We accidentally attended that party a few years back and it sold out and was very crowded. We felt that party was more crowded than parties we’ve attended the last week of October the last two years.
Few days late but there were a TON of CMs at the 9/17 party, all talking to each other or talking to those working. Not there’s anything wrong with that, their costumes were out of this world. It definitely felt sold out. I thought the crowds on the 10/11 party last year were bad - this party was worse. I left at 10:30 pm because I was tired of walking in seas of people to get anywhere. 30 minute wait for Peter Pan, almost 40 for Mine Train, 30 for Pirates. ToT lines were a mile long. Just really a bummer.

Not sure if it’s been stated yet but golden oak outpost has the headless horseman straw again as well as a hitchhiking ghost bucket that holds donut holes. Also the snake eyes treat was available at Storybook Treats but signage was almost nonexistent. LOVED the Constance’s for Better or Worse Cake!

Last edited:
All these crowd comments are scaring me! We planned on attending the 10/27 party which is the Sunday before Halloween. If it has been that miserable already-I cant imagine how bad the week of Halloween will be. My DD would be so disappointed if I changed the plans. Our last party was is 2017. Has Disney increased the # of tickets sold since then?
Consensus is yes amount of tickets sold has increased. They no longer advertise it as low crowds or wait times. One of my good friends has a sister that has worked as a manager in the parks for 25 years and told me they used to cap it at 10,000 tickets. Wonder when that changed but it certainly has!

My husband and I are going to Universal in October and were thinking of either hitting up MNSSHP on Thurs 10/17 or Sun 10/20 but now I am having second thoughts after reading all these posts and seeing all the people in ResortTV1 go live last night. I really want to go but I was hoping is was going to be more like the After Hours parties. :(

7) 10:15 Watched the fireworks from tomorrow land because my daughter wasn’t going back near the front of the castle.
How was the view from Tomorrowland? Can you see any projections or Zero? I don't like to be in the mess in front of the castle either but my kids are huge Nightmare Before Christmas fans and really want to see the full show!

What time does the 1st parade pass in front of Casey's? I was thinking about viewing the parade in Frontierland, ducking back into Adventureland and trying to cross Main St so we can view the parade from somewhere near Plaza. Will we beat the parade or would we be better off walking around behind the castle? We want to hit Tomorrowland after parade/fireworks so watching from the Plaza side will be much easier than Casey's side.
What time have the spots in front of Caseys and Plaza been filling up on party nights this year? I'm not sure there will even be a spot for us cutting it that close!

Huge Jack fan myself...you absolutely must watch from front of castle... because Jack Skellington is as incredible as seeing the Headless Horseman gallop down Main Street.

How was the view from Tomorrowland? Can you see any projections or Zero? I don't like to be in the mess in front of the castle either but my kids are huge Nightmare Before Christmas fans and really want to see the full show!

From a fireworks perspective, wonderful. The castle still has the wrap around projections like the skeletons and colors but you can’t see the story projections. I was quite happy with the view.

Thoughts on hitting the first parade right where it comes out...standing on the pecos bill side of the road then bolting for pirates. Ride pirates then hub area for fireworkss. We don't have to have the best view for either really. Enough time? We're doing the 10/29 party. I would expect it to be busy. I have our schedule now to do 2nd parade but i feel like that chops up our night a bit.

Quick question are all the snacks and drinks at MNSSHP snack credits on the dinning plan?
Excited to go Oct 17 and 21

Going in tonight and the concierge said we can’t get in till 5 - 2 hours prior to party start. Assume this is incorrect. He called MK to confirm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter