"Official" 2019 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Frightfully Festive Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were there on Tuesday the 17th. It was really really crowded and HOT.

We ate at the crystal palace at 4 and afterwards we walked back to the bypass and did all the photopass pics there and on main Street. We walked over to Adventureland and got in line for Moana and waited just shy of an hour. After that we met jafar just after 7 (super quick) and rode magic carpets

We staked out a spot in the hub right across from the bridge from frontierland. Our daughter wanted to see Hocus pocus desperately so we tried to get a spot to see both that and the parade. The one negative was the guy who was at least 6 feet 5 putting his very tall child on his shoulders.....I made sure she could see at least a little ....after the first parade we went and ate Hades nachos and did some ToT (tons of candy!!) And rode pirates. After that i ToT at monsters inc with my 5 year old while my hubby and did rode space and then we left ....we were really hot and tired

Curious if anyone who attended tonight (9/20) has attended previously and had thoughts on crowds? This was our first MNSSHP and it felt so much more crowded than we expected. Just wondering if it’s usually like this - and/or if we were just spoiled by the low crowds we have had the rest of the week!

All these crowd comments are scaring me! We planned on attending the 10/27 party which is the Sunday before Halloween. If it has been that miserable already-I cant imagine how bad the week of Halloween will be. My DD would be so disappointed if I changed the plans. Our last party was is 2017. Has Disney increased the # of tickets sold since then?

Is it possible to pull another FP after 5 on a party night? We have HM for 4:30-5:30. If we are done by 5-is there any chance that I will be able to find a 4th FP or does Disney stop all FP to start transitioning from day to party guests? Our last trip FP was available until 30 minutes before close on a normal day so that would be 5:30 on a party night but I'm not sure if the same rules apply

We ended up leaving at 7 and felt like the crowds had really gone away especially in Adventureland but once you hit main street it was congested! I watched the crowds for most of the night via app and loved the times. Also the weather was perfect. We just had to bail cause of a sick little one. Kate, from Guest Services in City Hall was fantastic though and took pity on us and let us change the ticket to Sunday.

Is it possible to pull another FP after 5 on a party night? We have HM for 4:30-5:30. If we are done by 5-is there any chance that I will be able to find a 4th FP or does Disney stop all FP to start transitioning from day to party guests? Our last trip FP was available until 30 minutes before close on a normal day so that would be 5:30 on a party night but I'm not sure if the same rules apply

From page 1 of this thread:
Are FP+ Reservations available during the party?
No, there are no FP+ reservations in the park after the 6 p.m., park closing time for day guests. You can, however, make FP+ reservations using your party ticket for the 4-6:00pm time period (FP+ Selections should be booked between 3:30-6:00pm), before the party officially begins.

I'm not good on FP technicalities. Are they always in one-hour increments? If yes, then wouldn't the last one be 5:00 to 6:00? So after you tap in for the HM Fastpass, you could start trying to get a FP for 5:00 to 6:00. But I don't know that there would be any left.

We were there last night 9/20 for our first ever party! We had a great time and so appreciate everyone’s suggestions/advice on how to make the most of our party. DH and I are both glad we did it, but it would be something we would do every couple of years as we enjoy HEA and typical night time stuff just as much so likely would pay the upcharge all the time! We were dressed as Aladdin characters with DH as Genie, myself as the Magic Carpet, DD8 as Jasmine, DS6 as Aladdin and DS1 as Abu! Here’s my take-away...

1. We got to the park at 3:30, straight through bag check and the park opened at 3:45. We had FP for Space, 7DMT and Peter Pan.
2. Wait times prior to party start were super low. DD did BBB at 5pm and the boys were able to walk on most of Fanstasyland rides between 5-6pm.
3. After BBB we went to the Hub for pictures before moving to Adventureland at 6:40 to meet Aladdin. The kids were able to ride the carpets 1x before they came out met them right at 7pm and then got back in line for Jasmine. They were giving handfuls of candy at JC with no line (multiple times) and were able to ride the carpets again before meeting Jasmine/Genie and were on our way to Frontierland for Splash (5 min) and more trick or treating. (A little stingy with the candy over there! Lol)
3. TOT at CountryBears long line that you couldn’t see and little candy on our way to Mainstreet for parade. Got a parade spot front row right at 8:55 but it was filling fast.
4. Saw fireworks in front of Casey’s garden at walking up right at 10:15. It looked crowded from outside but there was actually quite a bit of room if you could wiggle through some of the crowds. DH and DS rode pirates between parade and fireworks with a 10 min wait and caught the tail end of the fireworks.
5. Walked on Buzz and TOTd no wait at COP.
6. Space Mtn. 20 min wait while I took our little DS on Dumbo and Pooh. We got to stay on Dumbo bc no one in line.
7. Met family back at Teacups and walked on. It was probably 11pm at this point. Our groups really enjoyed the teacups overlay!
8. TOTd at Pinocchio’s.
9. Rode Peter Pan with a 10 min wait. Basically just long enough to enjoy the que. Handfuls of candy in the line!
10. Split off and DH went to ride Haunted Mansion with little one and I took bigs to 7DMT. It was 11:55. We had ridden in prior to party starting with FP but was hoping to do it again. Wait time was 35 min and we were fairly far back. The kids were getting tired at this point so we bailed and walked on Pooh.
11. Caught the midnight Hocus Pocus show near Casey’s and then at snacks while waiting for the park to clear. It took about 20 min for the main mass to exit.
12. Realized with never traded DD allergy tokens in. Went to town hall as Tony’s was closed and they gave DD a bag full! It was 12:45 probably by this point and MS was almost empty. Took a pic of the kids with a reusable grocery bag busting with all the candy! Like I was literally afraid the handle would break and it took nearly both of them to hold it. Got a shot between the pumpkins right at 1am.
13. Walked out and they were still doing Magic Shots of the headless horseman but we didn’t have memory maker so didn’t waste our time and the kids were DONE!
14. A bus pulled up shortly to take us to POFQ and we had a seat. Maybe 15-20 people on the bus. Walked into the room a few minutes before 2am!

Character lines were LONG everywhere all night long. We only did the Aladdin ones and had a good plan for those and really the only ones were were interested in. But every line we passed later was really long! Mainstreet/Hub was crowded but not unbearably so. Wait times were good and it was hit or miss with how much candy you received. My advice is if you find a good one....fill up and then Pass on the crazy long ones or the ones you can’t see the whole line.

All in all a great atmosphere! It makes us excited to try the MVMCP sometime in the future!

Here is a run down on how everything went for us at last nights party 9/20.
12:30 fp for space ranger spin
12:45 fp space mountain
1:00pm head to Casey’s to eat (Mobile order)
1:30 pictures around castle
1:40 rr break
1:50 big top for party exclusive merchandise (purchased pass holder shirts and pins, Hocus Pocus spirit jerseys)
2:10 Ariel’s under the sea
2:30 FP Peter Pan
2:49 Got in line for jack and sally (second family!)
4:40 meet jack and sally
Candy and all of the bypass pictures by 4:50
5:00 Starbucks run
5:10 haunted mansion
5:30 rr break lol
5:52 Tiana and rapunzel (posted wait time 20 mins but we walked up)
6:07 big thunder
Wonder around and pin traded
6:40 got in line for Aladdin and abu
7:10 got in line for Jafar
7:15 got in treat trail at jungle cruise and a huge handful of candy
7:22 pirates
7:57 Philharmagic treat trail
8:06 got a good spot for first Hocus Pocus show
8:30 Hocus Pocus show started
8:50 got curb spot in the hub
9:15 first parade starts
9:35 Left parade walked to laugh floor for candy
9:50 cosmic rays trick of treat trail
10:06 big tips agin because hubby wanted AP shirt for him
10:09 rr break again sooo much water lol
10:18 SDMT and watched firework show while riding
10:30 sleepy hallow
10:45 more pictures
10:57 got on our bus back to resort
We got to do everything on our wish list!! Super successful!!35289547-EF04-4453-980A-84D71311F76B.jpeg6FA1D862-4C73-40F5-BFAA-481834C9BD45.jpegC1EF8D17-28BE-47F9-B4AC-1ECB66EF7521.jpeg58757F50-90FF-4211-AEE4-A761FB95B1D5.jpeg42FC6A30-5BBD-4ECB-AB3A-26A5F53A11B0.jpeg

I’ll write our report later but I thought it was pretty crowded. I expected that though with it being a Friday night. I even saw someone from my gym there (I live an hour away). The Halloween parties just aren’t really for us. We’re too spoiled by DAH

Has Disney increased the # of tickets sold since then?

Read this to understand more: LINK

Is it possible to pull another FP after 5 on a party night?

Yes! You can add a 4th, 5th and modify your FP's on a party ticket. It works just like a regular park ticket and same rules apply.

Last edited:
Great, thank you! Hopefully we'll get a spot at the beginning of the parade! :)
That’s what we do - watch near the splash exit then hit HM, BTMRR or POC after. We’ve tried to hoof it from Main Street a few times - made it successfully to the carousel and small world but line was already closed the night we tried to get to JC.

Okay here's a rough idea of our day yesterday:

2:30 pm Lunch at Garden Grill
4:30 Arrived at MK (long lines to get in, but moved quickly)
-got our Sorcerer's card and skipped bypass
4:40 Haunted Mansion FP (ride broke down so we didn't get to ride and the FP lines was super long anyway)
4:55 Peter Pan FP
-Big Top souvenirs (I bought the PH orange shirt and Dh got a slushie)
-Went back to bypass to get bag and starter candy, got one picture there too
5:40-6:35 Got in line for Pooh and Friends (we were third in line, they were super fun to meet)
6:40 Rode Tea Cups
-Philharmagic for treats, we also stopped and watched for about 15 or so minutes. I have to vent for a second. The theater was practically empty and we chose seats near the front so no one around us. Two women literally came and sat RIGHT BEHIND US. Who does that?!! The entire theater was almost empty and they sat behind us. We ended up moving down a few seats because it was just weird.
7:30 Got the Snake Eyes drink at Storybook Treats (there was no sign or anything for this, but they do have it. It was VERY expensive for a drink-$10. It does come with the glow dice, but still expensive. It was pretty tasty)
7:40 Monsters Inc. treat trail (we sat in there for a good 20 minutes, this was one of my favorite parts of the night. I normally love this show anyway but every got into it last night. We got chosen to "dance for candy" so we stood up and danced.
-Carousel of Progress for GoGo squeeze (the best thing to get while trick or treating lol)
8:10 Walked across to Adventureland for trick or treating
-Got Hades Nachos and kids nachos at Pecos Bill's. Dh said the Hades Nachos were really good. I didn't try them because I don't like buffalo chicken
9:15 got a spot for the fireworks (we were to the left of the partner statue behind a fence and had a great view of the fireworks, lots of people tried to squeeze their way in at the last minute, but we held our ground, we could kind of see the parade but it wasn't a great view which was fine because we've seen it before)
10:30 We left right after the fireworks because we were both beat. We did get the Headless Horseman shot in front of the train station because we missed that last year.

Overall, we had a decent time. We definitely won't be doing another MNSSHP this year and we may even skip it next year unless they really change some things up. We did two parties last year so we didn't feel like there was enough new stuff this year to really have a big must do list. Dh didn't enjoy standing for an hour to watch the fireworks, but I thought it was better than paying $70 pp for the dessert party and we did have a good view. He was extremely tired by that point and I think anything would've annoyed him lol

Attachments

• IMG_5423.JPG
    IMG_5423.JPG
    82.2 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_5457.jpg
    IMG_5457.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_5459.jpg
    IMG_5459.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_5424.JPG
    IMG_5424.JPG
    38.4 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
First time post, short time lurker 8-) we just got home and attended both parties - Tues 9/17 and Fri 9/20. Counter service one night, dining the other. I’ll post a report asap comparing both nights, crowds etc. First food and kitten snuggles! We had an early flight so ... only running on 4.5 hours sleep lol.

I'm not good on FP technicalities. Are they always in one-hour increments? If yes, then wouldn't the last one be 5:00 to 6:00? So after you tap in for the HM Fastpass, you could start trying to get a FP for 5:00 to 6:00. But I don't know that there would be any left

Yes! You can add a 4th, 5th and modify your FP's on a party ticket. It works just like a regular park ticket and same rules apply.

Thanks! I guess what I am wondering is--has anyone successfully pulled an additional FP from 5:30-6? With our current FP times we wont be off HM until after 5 which is within the hour of park close so I am wondering when Disney actually shuts down the FP times. In May, it was 30 minutes prior to park close in AK and EP but Im not sure how a party night at MK works.

Has anyone pulled a 4th FP after 5 on a party night this year?

The above reports show low crowds from 5-6 which would be amazing! But I want a solid plan in case we are not so lucky!

Totally off topic but I am also wondering Gaston's has cinnamon rolls throughout the party or when they stop serving. I NEED my fix!! lol

Thanks! I guess what I am wondering is--has anyone successfully pulled an additional FP from 5:30-6? With our current FP times we wont be off HM until after 5 which is within the hour of park close so I am wondering when Disney actually shuts down the FP times. In May, it was 30 minutes prior to park close in AK and EP but Im not sure how a party night at MK works.

Has anyone pulled a 4th FP after 5 on a party night this year?

The above reports show low crowds from 5-6 which would be amazing! But I want a solid plan in case we are not so lucky!

Totally off topic but I am also wondering Gaston's has cinnamon rolls throughout the party or when they stop serving. I NEED my fix!! lol

Again, yes it has been done and posted on last years thread. In terms of last year or this year it doesn't matter, the party ticket is still a ticket. As soon as you scan in your 3rd, you can book a 4th. There's no need to wait until after your ride is complete. Go here to read more: LINK

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!