"Official" 2019 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Frightfully Festive Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Couldn't tell if these got answered
You can not see any fireworks from Tony's
You must walk out to Main St. This was easily done a few minutes before the show
Parade viewing is only roped off during the 2nd parade. It's standing or sit on the curb/ground
It's at the flag pole
Were you able to clearly see the projections from the fireworks spot you got just a few minutes before?

I posted this upthread, but don’t know how to link to my original post, so I just cut and paste. Bottom line - yes, it’s possible.

“We are actually considering it ourselves. My "plan" is to attend the fireworks dessert party, watch the show from the garden, then head to Tony's for Cruella's. We may snack a bit (if we're at all hungry again yet), meet Cruella, and head out to the flagpole around 11:15/11:30. This gives us 45 minutes to an hour to relax at Tony's before the parade, then will likely head back in to Tony's to wait for the crowds to clear out. I know I would NOT be getting my money's worth out of treats at Cruella's by doing it this way, but let's be honest, I'm paying for the view, not the food.”
@Cluelyss did you go to the first party? If so, how did attending both Cruella's and the dessert party work out?

Thank you to those who have already replied. :) I do appreciate that we won't be getting the full value out of each of these parties, and that we will be foregoing other things by doing both of them, but we are ok with that on this trip (we are APs and make several per year). We really attend MNSSHP to see the parade and fireworks, buy some merch, maybe do a little trick or treating, and just to soak up the festive atmosphere and look at all the cool costumes. Last year I think we rode 1 ride...we definitely do the parties differently now that we are older and the majority of our trips are child-free.

My exact priority:

Get photos with:
Mickey
Minnie
Goofy
Donald

Squeeze some rides in, candy the new fireworks show and castle stage show.

Otherwise anything else is extra!

Think I can get the fab 4 within an hour? Yes

If you wait until after 11pm you can typically knock out 3 of your fab 4 that are in Storybook Circus area within 20ish+/- minutes.

I think the bigger thing is what are you gaining from the events? The 2nd parade is super easy to watch from the effect same vantage point you get by doing the party at Tony's. It really has nothing to do with cutting time away when you gain something from the event. But if you are only going to get parade viewing it's just not necessary.

We don't go to the party for much more that watching the special shows and soaking in atmosphere. With the party at Tony's we got all that plus could watch fireworks. We got our money's worth on beverages alone

Quick question, I know that you can buy merch in the bypass however can you get the AP merch there and the discount?
I asked this yesterday but it looks like it has been buried quite a few pages back in the party add on talk ;). Can anyone answer?

@Cluelyss did you go to the first party? If so, how did attending both Cruella's and the dessert party work out?

Thank you to those who have already replied. :) I do appreciate that we won't be getting the full value out of each of these parties, and that we will be foregoing other things by doing both of them, but we are ok with that on this trip (we are APs and make several per year). We really attend MNSSHP to see the parade and fireworks, buy some merch, maybe do a little trick or treating, and just to soak up the festive atmosphere and look at all the cool costumes. Last year I think we rode 1 ride...we definitely do the parties differently now that we are older and the majority of our trips are child-free.
I did not - our party is not until 9/2. However I am contemplating canceling Cruella’s so I may not be able to report back after all. I’m worried more about the time suck of doing both as our party “to do” list is mounting LOL Just not sure we can be done with “party stuff” by the dessert party. Still noodling....
But I stand by the plan I posted earlier, it will definitely work, as long as you don’t have a ton of other party priorities. Will report back for sure if we keep them both!

Hi all! I’ve been lurking on this thread for a few months and am attending my first party this year. This is our 4th trip in 5 years but I’m totally clueless on MNSSHP other than what I’ve read on here. I’m an overplanner (like many here) - how does this ook? Where do you think things will take more or less time than allocated? It’ll be me, DH, and our two small children and we mainly want to soak in the atmosphere, possibly meet a few characters, and see the parade/fireworks.

4:00 FPP Mickey
4:30-5:30 Dinner at Plaza
5:30-6:15 Two FPPs in Fantasyland
6:15 Meet Pooh and gang (when do they start meeting? Is this line long?)
7:30-7:45 Disney junior jam
- Mad tea party if extra time
8:00-8:45 Lotso (how long is his line typically?)
- Peoplemover if time
8:45-9:15 Wait for parade in Frontierland
9:15-9:45 BTMRR
9:45 Fireworks

You would spend less to upgrade to a party pass. If you’re going longer than a weekend, I think I’d do that so then you could focus on fireworks at one party and good parade spot at the next.

Fox I thought it was an additional 75 dollars but 99!? No way!
What, you don't think meeting Cruella is worth it?! :laughing: Seriously, last call is at 12:15 and the door closes at 12:30 so when the mass exodus implodes you can sit back with a tasty drink and wave :wave2:
And these are who you'll be waiving to:
Aug 16th Party, photo by: Josh
:scared:

Hi all! I’ve been lurking on this thread for a few months and am attending my first party this year. This is our 4th trip in 5 years but I’m totally clueless on MNSSHP other than what I’ve read on here. I’m an overplanner (like many here) - how does this ook? Where do you think things will take more or less time than allocated? It’ll be me, DH, and our two small children and we mainly want to soak in the atmosphere, possibly meet a few characters, and see the parade/fireworks.

4:00 FPP Mickey
4:30-5:30 Dinner at Plaza
5:30-6:15 Two FPPs in Fantasyland
6:15 Meet Pooh and gang (when do they start meeting? Is this line long?)
7:30-7:45 Disney junior jam
- Mad tea party if extra time
8:00-8:45 Lotso (how long is his line typically?)
- Peoplemover if time
8:45-9:15 Wait for parade in Frontierland
9:15-9:45 BTMRR
9:45 Fireworks
Hello and welcome!!

Pooh and gang do command long lines and they start meeting at 6:30. Lining up around 615 will likely not get you into their first set, so you may be there until 8. Arriving by 5:45, if possible, should have you in their first set and out of their line around 7.

Lotso’s line averages 20-30 minutes, so I’d plan to head there right after the fireworks for the shortest wait. We met him with a 10ish minute wait that way a few years ago.

Where do you plan to watch the fireworks from? The parade will be past you in Frontierland around 9:35, so as long as you’re not looking for a center spot on Main Street you should have time to hop on BTMRR between the parade and FW.

Feel free to make any changes to your itinerary and post the revised plan here - always happy to review and help!!

Apologies if I missed this somewhere in the last 180+ pages :)

Are the tickets mailed, 'will-call' or no physical ticket and just linked to your MDE Plans ?
If mailed, how long do they take to arrive ?

Thanks 🎃

To the person asking about how crowded the plaza dessert party was since there was no “after” crowd - it was CROWDED. By far, it was the most crowded dessert party/plaza viewing I’ve ever been to, and I’ve been to a lot. It’s clear they’re selling a ton of tickets to the plaza dessert party. The entire plaza area was full for the fireworks. And the dessert party itself was completely full. At times, people checking in had to wait for others to leave to get a table - I’d never seen that before.

Thank you for your report! From all the posts about the long waits to check in for party I had a feeling they were going to increase number of people for the one plaza garden party! I'm going to keep our reservation for the Terrace Party and hope they don't also increase number of people attending that party as well.

I feel like I have a fairly simple touring plan for the party this year, though it helps I'm spending the day at MK as well.

eat dinner around 3, hang around Tiki Room till they start the line for Moana, meet Moana, do whatever till 9ish and then find a spot for the fireworks, probably use the same spot or move slightly for late parade, hit whatever we can before close (BTMR probably, would like to fit Space in there but just depends on the line).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter