"Official" 2019 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Frightfully Festive Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we are at MK before the party, like 11-2, can we purchase mnssp ornaments or pins and have them sent to the front of the park?

Here’s my experience of cruella add on. Just got home after a overnight flight so apologies in advance for typos. For my family it was worth it. This was our first party, we arrived at 2.30, did haunted mansion, dwarfs mine train and met Mickey using fast passes then had tea at the plaza before party started. Got party bands from inside the park, got a few photos, did pirates and both sides of space mountain, did a few treat trails including monsters inc. I felt part was really crowded and we were flagging by 9 pm so we went to check in for cruella. Staff were very specific that tables were first come first serve but you can pop in and out at will showing you cruella armband. Cruella opened promptly at 9.30 pm. Staff were waiting on entry with trays of drinks to take as you entered. We easily found a table and and had drinks. The drinks were plentiful and included red and white wine, beer, cider, sparking wine plus soft drinks. There were 2 bars set up to serve drinks throughout the night. I really liked the food offerings, lots of little nibbles pizza, meatballs, spinach dip, ravioli together with fruit and cheese and deserts. Staff were very attentive and made you feel welcome. I saw cruella come out for photos 3 times, she took time with guests and engaged them with conversation. It never felt too crowded but it was a media event that night so many bloggers and vloggers were taking pictures of the food which was funny. We saw the parade from reserved viewing. It’s true you could get a good view without the reserved viewing but I felt the parade characters gave us more attention. Personally I enjoyed the view and the less stress atmosphere. We watched fireworks from mainstreet and got a good view. We also went back to cruellas after the parade and food and drink was still plentiful. Over all cruella made the event for us. I didn’t enjoy the actual party, too hot and crowded but cruellas was a peaceful oasis that stopped us going mad and made us feel special. Yes it did cut in to party time but I think it was worth it.

What a great review! Thank you! However, now I'm waffling back towards Cruella's...ugh. I have to just pull the trigger, and be done with it.

A detailed Tony’s review with lots of pics and event logistics commentary, if so inclined. FYI.

I had friends at the Cruella event and they said it was overrun with the media people who basically spent time taking photos, scooping up food and then dashing out for the fireworks. I'm not sure I would judge the event by the first night. The two people I know who went enjoyed it.

$69, you can purchase it on the app after you take your first picture in the park and its loaded for you to view. Theres no prepay discount like the normal memory maker.

I'm pretty sure it's not event specific either, and can buy any day at the parks, but I'm not 100 on that.

You’re correct! We bought it for our one day trip to MK for our engagement back in April. I didn’t know you could buy it on the app though! That would have saved me 40 minutes in line! 😁

I had friends at the Cruella event and they said it was overrun with the media people who basically spent time taking photos, scooping up food and then dashing out for the fireworks. I'm not sure I would judge the event by the first night. The two people I know who went enjoyed it.

I totally agree it was overrun with media but it made for amusing people watching. Also don’t judge the food by the photos being quoted by bloggers. I watched them taking them and let’s just say you could choose to make it look good or choose to make it look bad depending on which pictures you choose to post. The staff were very busy refilling food and clearing up all night. I enjoyed the night but it was what I expected. To be fair I’m not a foodie but I can be particular about wine and the red was good. Top tip the black icing on the fudge brownie stains your teeth temporarily black, again I thought it was funny but cast members we spoke to said some people had complained.

Which location did you get your party wristbands and what time did they start? Thank you! And thanks for a very detailed review, very helpful!
I got mine from city hall at about 6.00 pm after our plaza dinner.

Was there seats at the reserved viewing or did you have to stand? Also, where was the reserved viewing located? Thanks!

No seats just standing or sitting at the curb. The reserved viewing is near the flag post.
Thank you for posting your experience! It’s very helpful as I am on the verge of cancelling our Cruella booking.

Can you please confirm for me whether the reserved area was in fact only cordoned off on Main Street after the fireworks, not before? And you did not watch the fireworks from anywhere near Cruella’s, correct? May I ask what time you got your spot on Main Street to watch the fireworks?

Thank you so much :)

Yes the reserved viewing was for second parade only and not cordoned off for fireworks but I got a great fire of the fireworks and pictures coming out Of cruellas two minutes before it started and walking a very small way up mainstreet. So I was fairly near cruellas and we went back to cruellas straight after by choice. My spot was not crowded and I got some great photos. So I got my spot for the fireworks about 10.13 pm.

My exact priority:

Get photos with:
Mickey
Minnie
Goofy
Donald

Squeeze some rides in, candy the new fireworks show and castle stage show.

Otherwise anything else is extra!

Think I can get the fab 4 within an hour? Yes

Last edited:
What time should we arrive at MK to be some of the first in the park? I have a PP fp that with grace period expires at 4:20. So trying get to PP asap!

Hello all,

I'm sure this was asked before but got lost somewhere in the over 180 pages so I'll ask here again...Can anyone confirm if DVC members are still allowed in at 2PM on party days?

Also, another question...since we are not using park tickets for the party, are you still allowed to do FP+? We are DVC memebers and were planning on arriving at 2PM, and we have two FP+ for before the party, would I still be able to use those? Does that make any sense? :)

I'd assume genie Aladdin Jasmine etc meet where they normally do during regular hours to the side of the magic carpets. Where does jafar meet?? Closer to jungle cruise side?? Need to know where to line up!

Jafar has his own line. It is right next to the other line, near the magic carpets.

What time should we arrive at MK to be some of the first in the park? I have a PP fp that with grace period expires at 4:20. So trying get to PP asap!

Well if someone has an Annual Pass they can enter the park at any time and just wander over to get their party wrist bands.

If someone is a dvc member (possibly dvc blue card member, didn’t look at rules), they can enter at 2:00 with their party ticket.

If somebody is not attending the party but has an annual pass or is using a day on a regular pass they can enter the magic kingdom any time.

If you have a party ticket but not AP or DVC or regular ticket, you will not be first in the park.

Thanks to everyone who wrote them for all of the fantastic reviews and details about the party! :)

Quick question...has anyone done both the dessert party and Cruella's in the same night yet? I know there are several of us who have reservations for both, and I was just curious about how the logistics of attending both played out. TIA!
I can't fathom how it would be possible to do both
You need to head to Cruella to check in before fireworks. That alone tells me you don't can't do both. If you tried you pay full price but only do half of at least one event.

I have a question about changing party days. We bought tickets to go on Tuesday because I was worried our flights on Sunday would be cutting it too close. Now we are arriving at 12:30 which should give us plenty of time to get to the party. Is it possible to change the dates for the tickets we bought? they are the same price. Thanks all!

We changed ours at guest services just last week! So it's definitely possible!

Was there seats at the reserved viewing or did you have to stand? Also, where was the reserved viewing located? Thanks!
Thank you for posting your experience! It’s very helpful as I am on the verge of cancelling our Cruella booking.

Can you please confirm for me whether the reserved area was in fact only cordoned off on Main Street after the fireworks, not before? And you did not watch the fireworks from anywhere near Cruella’s, correct? May I ask what time you got your spot on Main Street to watch the fireworks?

Thank you so much :)
Couldn't tell if these got answered
You can not see any fireworks from Tony's
You must walk out to Main St. This was easily done a few minutes before the show
Parade viewing is only roped off during the 2nd parade. It's standing or sit on the curb/ground
It's at the flag pole

Hello all,

I'm sure this was asked before but got lost somewhere in the over 180 pages so I'll ask here again...Can anyone confirm if DVC members are still allowed in at 2PM on party days?

Also, another question...since we are not using park tickets for the party, are you still allowed to do FP+? We are DVC memebers and were planning on arriving at 2PM, and we have two FP+ for before the party, would I still be able to use those? Does that make any sense? :)

Yes, DVC blue card holders can get in at 2pm with a party ticket.

Yes, a party ticket will allow FPs to be booked and used under most circumstances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!