Official 2019 HHN-29 Thread

Unmasking the Horror 6-house vs. 3-house

Has anyone been on either tour this year? One poster on the HHN Facebook page reported that the 6 house tour is:

1. House of 1000 Corpses
  2. Depths of Fear
  3. Nightingales Blood Pit
  4. Ghostbusters
  5. Stranger Things
  6. Yeti Terror of the Yukon

And the 3-house tour features:
  1. Universal Monsters
  2. Graveyard Games
  3. Killer Klowns from Outer Space

Can anyone else confirm that if we book both tours we’ll see 9 of the 10 houses??? In previous years, the tours featured the same houses, so there was no reason to do both. Now I’m wondering….
Also, if anyone has been on the 6-house tour, is it still scheduled as: tour 3 houses – 30 minute break for lunch – tour the last 3 houses? Or are they doing all 6 houses with no break?

Thanks for any feedback!

I booked the 6 house tour

My confirmation email states a 30 minute break after doing 3 houses
I booked a weekday

Houses on the list always subject to change
Only had that happen once in all the years I have done it

If it’s Thursday October 3, don’t think lines will be bad that night
I don’t plan to get the ep that night but I do have a tour set up for Friday the 4

If you have a day park ticket and stay in the park Thursday, hang out in one of the holding sections so you are ahead of the crowds when the park opens for hhn
Less wait for a few of your first houses then

For your Friday public rip hhn, short waits for the houses
You cross thru shortcut ways with your tour guide to reach some of the houses

Your tour should be over in 4 hours If you star a 8 pm

Friday’s have more crowds than Wednesday or Thursday

People that have day jobs don’t all rush to hhn after a full work day
They will come later and park will have wait lines much later possibly

Thanks!
It will be Sept 26th and 27th. So I'm hoping that Thursday isn't horrible.

Just trying to figure out if there are some deals on HHN for the 2 we didn't buy tickets for now...

One more question....are there any Photo experiences at HHN that would make purchasing the picture package worth it? We'll only be there in the parks for 2 days, so I wasn't planning on purchasing.

We did Finnegans last year-I think we got there around 3:30-had to wait ~45 minutes (?? memory fuzzy-I did post on last years thread) for a "shared table" where you will be seated with others not of your party (we were a party of 2 and had a booth with another party of 2-2 young ladies from across the pond). dinner did take a while but I think we hit the S&S area 5:45ish? 6ish? Didn't have too long to wait before we were released to Poltergeist and ST-I do remember we had a fairly short wait at ST and then headed to Poltergeist also with a short wait. We have the EP this year but will likely try for Finnegans again at least one night.

Ghostbusters on the TV right now! This is going to be a Fantastic house!
My "hype" list:
Ghostbusters, Graveyard, Classic Monsters, Killer Klowns, ST are top 5. The only scarezone currently is anarch-ade. Hoping Depths and Yeti and Nightingales are good though. Loved the original houses last year.
45 min is 30 min over my patience level. A shame they quit taking later res
Especially if they added vodka to it

I think Baskin Robins has some sort of deal with the Scoops Ahoy theme - I saw a commercial for Baskin Robins with the USS Butterscotch and the two actors from ST
https://news.baskinrobbins.com/blog/the-story-behind-bringing-scoops-ahoy-to-life
Local one has offered flavors since at least August
Not to say there are not parts and sets that would not make for a good maze but the movie itself is not scary or funny
I beg your pardon! Lol it’s a cult classic, ala killer tomatoes. Something for everyone else n the horror genre
We will be there next weekend and really looking forward to returning to the Darkside. Is the Scareactor dining worth it. We have never done this before and debating if it is worth doing or if even early dining would delay early start on houses. We are going with my sister and her husband so not really wanting to miss time on houses since we are not going to spring for express this time. Concerned about getting everything done as it is.
I enjoyed it for what it was, adequate food if not disorganized as to character interaction. IMO they feed off you, well your energy lol. Give them something to work with and it’s off to the races
I started to watch a youtube video from a very popular Orlando vlogger, whom I trust, but then immediately clicked out of it. I don't want to see inside the houses beforehand, I think I'd rather just be surprised. I'm kind of disappointed that they allowed video walk-throughs of the houses this year. I guess if I wasn't going, maybe I would appreciate it, but it kind of feels like a spoiler for my favorite tv show.
Mr tracker I presume. Was surprised all houses in what seemed lights on of some sort? Stopped after the ST info at CB but it was nice to be able to forward it to family unable to attend this year
All Dracula had was rubber bats floating on strings and close ups
I cut my teeth on the classic monster movies. Bought a boxed set of the universal movies featuring them. So glad to see they are finally making good usage of them

I beg your pardon! Lol it’s a cult classic, ala killer tomatoes. Something for everyone else n the horror genre

I cut my teeth on the classic monster movies. Bought a boxed set of the universal movies featuring them. So glad to see they are finally making good usage of them

Lol.......Hail the original Universal classic horror movies.......and any decent B movie........love em.......

We recently bought the (don’t laugh) the complete box set of Abbott and Costello DVDs.....we had one or two....now have them all........them and Bob Hope movies and winter is sorted......... :thumbsup2

Houses and scare zones
They are two separate things

Maybe some peeps are calling the scare zones a maze?
From what i'v read in the past, the names are regional and both refer to the houses: Hollywood CA TMs and guests often refer to them as mazes; the orlando folks say "houses".

We are planning on going to HHN this year for the first time ever on Sunday, October 6. For those who have gone frequently in the past, how likely is it to sell out? Trying to decide when to buy my tickets. Thank you!

Hhn tickets won’t sell out that date
You could buy hhn tickets online that day you go

I looked at a few crowd charts and assume each weekend will start to grow in numbers at this point

I booked a public tour for this date so an easy night for my last hhn for this trip

not HHN, but kinda related... anyone seen the Dark Arts in IOA? When do the Death Eaters come out?

Lol.......Hail the original Universal classic horror movies.......and any decent B movie........love em.......

We recently bought the (don’t laugh) the complete box set of Abbott and Costello DVDs.....we had one or two....now have them all........them and Bob Hope movies and winter is sorted......... :thumbsup2

I love Abbott & Costello!

not HHN, but kinda related... anyone seen the Dark Arts in IOA? When do the Death Eaters come out?

Judging by the video I have seen they come out a few minutes before the show starts. They come out to a mini stage, and hold there wands up and set off some fireworks. Then they move around the area interacting with guests.

Since the show is every 20 minutes I do not know if they leave and redo the little walk out each time or if they just stay out for the hour.

What would be the be the best holding area to be in that is the closest to universal monsters and graveyard games( they are both located in the ET area of the park)? Thanks for any help

You're gonna want to wait at the Springfield Stay and Scream, that will release to either the Tent (by MIB) or Parade Houses (by ET). You're gonna want to stay around the area closest to Kidzone. I've only exited to that side one year, and basically had a Universal Employee walk us to the House entrance.

We only want to do Stranger Things and Ghostbusters houses (we're not here for the scares lol), we will do Stay and Scream. I think we stay in the Finnegan's holding area?! Which house should we try to do first? Anybody any feedback on wait times after being let out of holding areas? We want to do both shows and try the scare zones, we will have 2 nights for all this, 30th & 31st of October. I think we might be better to do the 2 houses on the 30th? Or should we do 1 each night? Is this achievable without Express pass? We aren't too bothered about rides as we have days tickets.
Thank you :)

Last year ST typically had longest lines. Would do it first night, then hop over to GB. IMO only the tent houses suffer from ambient light before dusk.

Rinse & repeat the next night, picking up at least another house or two each night. Scarezones better in the dark.

We only want to do Stranger Things and Ghostbusters houses (we're not here for the scares lol), we will do Stay and Scream. I think we stay in the Finnegan's holding area?! Which house should we try to do first? Anybody any feedback on wait times after being let out of holding areas? We want to do both shows and try the scare zones, we will have 2 nights for all this, 30th & 31st of October. I think we might be better to do the 2 houses on the 30th? Or should we do 1 each night? Is this achievable without Express pass? We aren't too bothered about rides as we have days tickets.
Thank you :)

You'll see that when you're in the Finnegan's S&S that there will be two holding queues set up pretty close to the mummy, one for GB and one for ST. Since you have 2 nights at HHN, it seems like you'll be able to pick one pen each night. I've never waited for the headliner house in that S&S area so I can't accurately comment on how long the wait will be for them, but I'm certain you could be through the house you choose by 7PM. The lines for both of them seemed pretty equal when I was there, but I really only passed by to get to the Starcourt Mall area.

Also, I would suggest going through Killer Klowns from Outer Space if you have the chance. It has it's moments of scariness, but is definitely a whole lot of fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!