Official 2019 HHN-29 Thread

Yes the threads started!!!!

I'm not exactly sure what my days will be. Last year we did you last week of September/first few days of October. It was busy, but I think most of the parties ended up being busy last year.

Might do that first week of October again.

Really enjoyed staying in Cabana Bay last year, so might do that one again.

We're also thinking of getting frequent fear passes with express this year.

So the FF passes didn't include Fri/sat last year?
We did the RoF as we went 4 nights in September, but I also didn't realize it stated for the "first 10 days" of September. Arg
We are going in september but now I don't know if I should hold out for RoF or do the BOGO and use the 1 free night with our AP for a Friday or Saturday...
Yay!!!!

Gotta love a HHN thread..........

We arrive early this year on September 3rd and stay for a month so we will still get to see opening night again.....and manage a few nights in there I imagine.........::yes::

Can’t wait already for updates and what tickets they’ll offer this year..........usually we buy the RoF with EP so looking forward to seeing what’s on offer this year..........

Thanks for starting this up again Keisha.......you’re a star..........party:
Hope to see you again!

I dont know how much the FFP was last year with express pass, but the Rush of Fear with express pass (for all nights of ROF - pretty much all nights in September) was around $300 - so I got 7 nights with express for that price. It was very busy last year and having express pass all the nights was well worth it
Yeah in hindsight (and not that I am planning much further ahead) the RoF with EP seems the way to go!

Mod Mac kindly permitted posters to make posts as to wanting to ‘share’ their private RIP tours last year. When she is back on the boards, I’m sure she’ll address as to the current policy.

If a person needs to fill slots/bodies in their booked hhn rip tour, it can be posted in this thread

The poster can state tour date and number of openings they want to fill
and request they be contacted by pm

The discussion of money, contact info, needs to be handled privately and not on the boards

The RIP HHN private tours are paid in full when they are booked
They are date related

So the FF passes didn't include Fri/sat last year?
We did the RoF as we went 4 nights in September, but I also didn't realize it stated for the "first 10 days" of September. Arg
We are going in september but now I don't know if I should hold out for RoF or do the BOGO and use the 1 free night with our AP for a Friday or Saturday...

Hope to see you again!

Yeah in hindsight (and not that I am planning much further ahead) the RoF with EP seems the way to go!

yes, would love to meet up again one night.....or day......whichever suits...…:thumbsup2

Good luck with the ticket choices.....we`re hoping the RoF will be on offer again....although we do sometimes skip Saturdays as they are so busy so maybe FF would work for us....although to be honest most nights apart from one Wednesday were all mobbed last year.....quiet nights seem to be a thing of the past.....quieter maybe, but still wouldn't be without EP for this event!!!

Anyone know if the Hotel & Ticket package isn't working? The year before last it was a breeze and was really worth the money, this year its showing that it is $500 more than booking everything separately!!

We’ll be there 10/1-5 (so Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday night). We have seasonal APs and will be staying at PBH. We definitely want to do the RIP tour again (we did the public one in 2016 and really enjoyed it so will probably do that unless anyone happens to have a private one with spaces and plans that look good). My current thinking is that we’ll buy the two nights for the price of one ticket and use that for the Wednesday (when we’ll also do the RIP tour) and the Thursday (when we’ll repeat a few favourites from the night before). Does anyone have any better ideas?

Bought our tickets on the B1G1 offer, going September 25th and 26th!!!! Will buy Express for both nights later. We learned a big lesson last year, one night is not enough. Not only is it the best time one can have in Orlando, and you always want more, but we greatly underestimated the amount of walking entailed. Our feet and lower legs were kind of wrecked for the rest of our trip. This year, we shall be good to our tootsies!

Last edited:
Bought our tickets on the B1G1 offer, going September 25th and 26th!!!! Will buy Express for both nights later. We learned a big lesson last year, one night is not enough. Not only is it the best time one can have in Orlando, and you always want more, but we greatly underestimated the amount of walking entailed. Our feet and lower legs were kind of wrecked for the rest of our trip. This year, we shall be good to our tootsies!

Yep, some of the houses last year were so far away from the main areas of the park......and yes, it takes a toll on our feet and legs!!!

Glad to hear you have two nights this year...….:)

Yep, some of the houses last year were so far away from the main areas of the park......and yes, it takes a toll on our feet and legs!!!

Glad to hear you have two nights this year...….:)

Seriously, talk about a death march.

Even with RIP affording shortcuts to the guide there still was far more walking involved last year

We’re not sure whether to buy an EP for one (in particular) of our nights or not. How close to the time can we buy one (it’s a Thursday if that helps). Can we buy it earlier that day/the day before or do they sell out?

We’re not sure whether to buy an EP for one (in particular) of our nights or not. How close to the time can we buy one (it’s a Thursday if that helps). Can we buy it earlier that day/the day before or do they sell out?
Some nights the ep won’t sell out
You can buy it in advance or day of

I buy mine in advance if it’s for hhn
I rather have it than not have it

We usually go 3-4 nights, so we get a Frequent Fear pass with the Express Pass add-on. We get it right away, just in case something sells out. The event keeps getting more and more crowded, so if you can afford to pay early, it would be reassuring to know you have your passes. If I was getting express for a single night, I might wait until closer to the date, but I still probably wouldn't wait until the day-of. In that case, I'd probably order the EPs on the phone before I travel and pick them up when I arrive.

In the past was told by a friend they do offer a discounted EP after a certain time on evenings where they didn’t sell out. Never checked into it, not sure if true or urban legend lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!