Official 2019 HHN-29 Thread

My husband and I have 4 total nights in September for HHN and I’m wondering if it would be better to do an RIP tour one night or upgrade our ROF tickets to ROF+express? Price difference is about 100 cheaper for one RIP tour. Which do you all recommend?

We also have daytime tickets if that matters in the decision making.

Considering that you will be able to utilize Stay and Scream for four nights, I would go for the ROF+EP. You should be able to go through all houses each night. If it was me, with your situation, on the first night, I would Stay and Scream and hit Stranger Things first and then the neighboring houses to stay ahead of the incoming crowds. Then just rotate around the park. That would mean seeing all houses and going through all scare zones. Then for the second night (maybe use a different SaS holding pen), I'd make a note of the live show(s) times and plan to see it(them) while touring the houses and zones (possibly skipping a house or two for the show(s) if necessary). Then on the third and fourth nights, I would plan to revisit all my favorite houses, zones, and show(s). The standby lines can get ridiculous (historically in September they were not too bad, but last year there was a lot more attendance even in September), and the express pass will be huge. If I only had one night, I would go for the RIP, but with daytime passes and four nights for HHN, I, personally, would go for the ROF+EP. I think you will be able to overall experience everything more with the EPs.

Also, I forgot to mention, that with the ROF+EP, you can use the express lines for the rides (once per ride per night). Be sure to hit up Mummy each night. :)

When you book a rip tour, you are allowed to use the ep ride lines once that evening when your tour is over

Since my hhn nights start sept 29 and continues into October, I took a pass on the FF w/ ep this year
Booked the 6 house day tour and 3 nights of hhn tours
Usually a person comes out ahead with the special pass ROF or FF with express for a 4/5 hhn night

When you book a rip tour, you are allowed to use the ep ride lines once that evening when your tour is over
Don't know if this is a change from previous Public RIP tour Terms but I cut/pasted the following directly from the Public RIP tour's T&Cs:

..."R.I.P. Tour credential can be used to receive unlimited Universal Express™ ride access to skip the regular lines ONLY at participating park rides and attractions; excludes haunted houses. "

I read that as (at least for this year) we will have unlimited EPs for rides (i.e. not the haunted houses.)

Don't know if this is a change from previous Public RIP tour Terms but I cut/pasted the following directly from the Public RIP tour's T&Cs:

..."R.I.P. Tour credential can be used to receive unlimited Universal Express™ ride access to skip the regular lines ONLY at participating park rides and attractions; excludes haunted houses. "

I read that as (at least for this year) we will have unlimited EPs for rides (i.e. not the haunted houses.)

I don't think the RIP tours, private or public, ever gave access to the houses, except with the tour guide. I know that was the case last year. The private RIP tour did allow EP for rides, even without the tour guide. We kept our private guide after doing all of the houses and had him hold stuff or wait with my son when we did rides.

Last year’s there were 6 rides open during hhn and anyone that was on a rip hhn tour could do the rides once each night

For the private tours, houses can be repeated
The person that booked the tour can designate how they want to do the night

Public hhn tours does not have that freedom as the evening is set up by the tour guide

But all tour groups have in last years been allowed to show their tour lanyard to do rides after the tour is over

Question: if you were going for 2 nights on BOGO tic and only wanted to spend on 1 express pass per person, do you see more value in buying 1 full night of express and nothing the other night OR buying the 1/2 off after 10pm on both nights (if its available) (We're doing Stay and Scream both nights - and it'll likely be a Wed & Thurs late Oct.)

I'm thinking Option 2 is best bang for buck, since it includes some express coverage each night, vs one & done? But I guess I'm also risking E pass sells out and the deal won't be available.

Question: if you were going for 2 nights on BOGO tic and only wanted to spend on 1 express pass per person, do you see more value in buying 1 full night of express and nothing the other night OR buying the 1/2 off after 10pm on both nights (if its available) (We're doing Stay and Scream both nights - and it'll likely be a Wed & Thurs late Oct.)

I'm thinking Option 2 is best bang for buck, since it includes some express coverage each night, vs one & done? But I guess I'm also risking E pass sells out and the deal won't be available.

My opinion is to do the express pass first night. For a Wednesday night you’d absolutely get through all of them if you plan right. Then you can just enjoy Thursday night, go back to the houses you loved, hang out in the scare zones, etc.

This is actually our plan exactly for the two days we are there. It’s worked for us well in the past!

In past years, Wednesday has the lightest crowds
And it closes an hour earlier than the other day for hhn

I’ve finally read through all the pages - I think - a lot to read! This will be my first ever HHN and I hope to get some advice here.

1. Is there somewhere I can find a full IP list? I want to be sure I’ve watched as many of the relevant movies, TV etc as possible so I can enjoy the houses as much as possible. I know it’s not essential but at Disney I know I enjoy things more if I get the references and theming.

2. I have a BOGO ticket which I plan to use for Thur and Fri in early September. I will not have stay and scream as I plan to just to 2 nights HHN and one day VB this trip (then heading to Disney). I don’t like the look of the express pass prices but I’m wondering if I need to get one or a RIP tour (despite the price, this looks like potentially a better deal???) for the first night. Advice if I’m looking to limit my costs? I’m probably OK with not getting through everything but I would also like to do the rides that are open since I’m not doing the parks during the day (and I love roller coasters etc). Also I’ll still be jet lagged!

Ticket question.. we arrive Oct 24th and checkout Oct 28th we would love to do HHN again . i just checked the prices and i noticed FFP is only good for the 24th and the 27th i dont want to spend that much if im only able to go 2 days. I can buy single day tickets and Express pass for that day just wondering if i can get it all done in one day.. any advice would be awesome

I’ve finally read through all the pages - I think - a lot to read! This will be my first ever HHN and I hope to get some advice here.

1. Is there somewhere I can find a full IP list? I want to be sure I’ve watched as many of the relevant movies, TV etc as possible so I can enjoy the houses as much as possible. I know it’s not essential but at Disney I know I enjoy things more if I get the references and theming.

For this year the only IP houses that have been announced so far are:

1. Stranger Things (Seasons 2 & 3 of the show)
2. Universal Monsters (so the original Frankenstein, Dracula, Wolfman, Mummy, & Creature From the Black Lagoon)

From the speculation I’ve heard it’s also possible that there will be a house for: Ghostbusters, Killer Klowns from Outerspace, and House of 1000 Corpses (but none of these have been announced yet).

Keishashadow keeps the first page of this sticky current

When a new house is released, she will list it
Thanks. The sticky is fantastic but I was having trouble working out what to watch for some of the houses as it’s not a movie genre where I know all the movies.

Thanks. The sticky is fantastic but I was having trouble working out what to watch for some of the houses as it’s not a movie genre where I know all the movies.
You are right!
Many do like to watch the movies prior to doing hhn.
I guess I have been doing hhn so long (20 years), I don't watch the movies in advance anymore but just read what is available online/internet.
It is a good thing really to have some knowledge of the houses before you do them.
Lines can go quickly in some houses and if you don't have some background information in advance, you might miss the meaning of the house or the characters and theme.
Knowing in advance is a good thing.

Raevan I see that CA has the ghostbuster house this year.
Hope we get a house like that at Orlando this season!

Yep......ready for another house to be announced...……

Would LOVE a Ghostbusters house...….. :thumbsup2

Ghostbusters hasn't been announced yet. There's no exclusive IPs this year from what I've heard, so whatever movie based house is announced will be in FL and HW

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!