Official 2019 HHN-29 Thread

Anyone else see the rumor of a Ghostbusters house? Not sure how they’d make that scary though -although the staypufft man I guess could be scary?

Yeah two of the rumoured IP houses that haven't been confirmed yet fit into more of the horror comedy genre. Makes me think a different IP fell through.

Anyone else see the rumor of a Ghostbusters house? Not sure how they’d make that scary though -although the staypufft man I guess could be scary?

Some of the ghosts in the movie were kinda terrifying. Remember the one in the library? Probably use the dogs that Dana and Louis turn into. Gozer of course. I mean it kinda makes sense with it being the 35th anniversary this year, but also since a lot of IPs they may have wanted to use are now tied up with Disney, and slightly Warner Bros even though they aren't doing their Horror Made Here event this year.

Over some past years, there have been houses that were not “scary”
yeah I didn't find Stranger Things or Slaughter Sinema particularly scary but loved them both.
Remember the one in the library? Probably use the dogs that Dana and Louis turn into. Gozer of course.
True! Personally I'd love a Ghostbusters house. I hope the effects would be good. And a giant Staypufft Marshellow man chasing you out of the house? Yes please!! I got caught by that darned bear every. single. time. at the Scary Tales house last year-even when I KNEW he was there. I do think the front runner for me and DD who is going with me is the Classic Monster one though-so far!
I hate wishing summer away but 85 days and counting!!

After several years of going to Halloween events, I'm desensitized to actual "scares" and I am really going to see the innovations in set designs, costuming, and startle tactics. So, I am really hoping the Ghostbusters rumor is true. There are so many ways the talented designers at USO could go with that IP, and let's face it, 35 years later, it is still a relevant movie. I want to see what the USO team could come up with for this potential house. Even if there is another "comedy house" (I won't mention the name for the sake of spoilers... although I'm hoping that one is true too for the same reasons), I personally feel there is room for both, especially since there are ten houses again.

Last year, they had the Poltergeist house. There were some vocal people saying that IP was not "scary enough." However, the design team was very creative and built a great experience for us! And in hindsight, the Poltergeist house was a top three rated attraction.

I'm really not trying to be antagonistic, but I truly feel that the team, with ten houses, has the ability to be creative with the IPs and be"scary" with the original houses.

After several years of going to Halloween events, I'm desensitized to actual "scares" and I am really going to see the innovations in set designs, costuming, and startle tactics

I thought I was desensitized to Halloween houses too until I went into the original house “The Fallen” in 2017. That house was incredible. It set the bar for any other houses I have gone into since. I’am still waiting for another to rival it.

Don’t under estimate the creativity of the team that puts these houses together.

Yeti obviously will be the cold house. Knotts had a similar one when we went several years ago. I’ll be watching closely to see the differences lol

Yeti obviously will be the cold house. Knotts had a similar one when we went several years ago. I’ll be watching closely to see the differences lol

Actually, rumor is Yeti won't be cold at all, since it's going to be in the soundstage that always has 2 houses in it, and the second house doesn't have a reason to be cold. But I also heard that it's going to have the most snow of any HHN house ever lol

Actually, rumor is Yeti won't be cold at all, since it's going to be in the soundstage that always has 2 houses in it, and the second house doesn't have a reason to be cold. But I also heard that it's going to have the most snow of any HHN house ever lol
Makes um perfect sense? Lol will have to wait & see I guess

Has no one had anything to add to this thread since June 26?

I keep checking back in to see what's going on and...nothing.

I am so happy to read everyone’s posts! It really gets me in the mood for our FIRST experience with this event. We got the BOGO regular horror nights tickets and one night we will have express passes. This week we downloaded the Universal app to my phone. Since we had printed all tickets/passes at home on our printer, we just scanned the UPC codes on our papers and POOF, they are now loaded in the app! I am guessing that we do not need the paper tickets anymore????

I am so happy to read everyone’s posts! It really gets me in the mood for our FIRST experience with this event. We got the BOGO regular horror nights tickets and one night we will have express passes. This week we downloaded the Universal app to my phone. Since we had printed all tickets/passes at home on our printer, we just scanned the UPC codes on our papers and POOF, they are now loaded in the app! I am guessing that we do not need the paper tickets anymore????
As long as your phone doesn't die! (We always carry external chargers in the parks!)

Has no one had anything to add to this thread since June 26?

I keep checking back in to see what's going on and...nothing.

I think Universal on both coasts has had their attentions elsewhere (Hagrid for FL and Jurassic World in HW). So hopefully we'll get something soon. Tho last year we did get a lot of announcements close together in August, so we'll see.

we're going to be in Disney for 10/26 to 10/30 and are Universal Passholders as well as Disney. I would love to see HHN but will it be unbearable to go on 10/27 or 10/29?

My husband and I have 4 total nights in September for HHN and I’m wondering if it would be better to do an RIP tour one night or upgrade our ROF tickets to ROF+express? Price difference is about 100 cheaper for one RIP tour. Which do you all recommend?

We also have daytime tickets if that matters in the decision making.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter