OFFICIAL 2019 FREE DINING Thread - AVAILABLE to be booked NOW!!!

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to book first thing this morning because I had to coordinate dates and resorts with my group. So, since 10:30am, I've been trying to book. I called and was able to get through but the CM wasn't able to help me. She kept saying there was nothing available for any resort and any dates and kept saying "it's a very exclusive offer" :mad: So I just told her nevermind, I'd try later. Finally an hour ago, tried Internet Edge and after multiple tries and being kicked out off and on, I'm booked at BWV Aug 11-18 with free DDP. The family is soooooo excited!! :yay: We weren't planning on going until December and now with this offer, we will go in August, upgrade to Annual Passes and go in December too! Therefore the Disney marketing geniuses win again! :worship:

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to book first thing this morning because I had to coordinate dates and resorts with my group. So, since 10:30am, I've been trying to book. I called and was able to get through but the CM wasn't able to help me. She kept saying there was nothing available for any resort and any dates and kept saying "it's a very exclusive offer" :mad: So I just told her nevermind, I'd try later. Finally an hour ago, tried Internet Edge and after multiple tries and being kicked out off and on, I'm booked at BWV Aug 11-18 with free DDP. The family is soooooo excited!! :yay: We weren't planning on going until December and now with this offer, we will go in August, upgrade to Annual Passes and go in December too! Therefore the Disney marketing geniuses win again! :worship:
Just a heads up to keep an eye open for the BB offer that will hopefully be available during your Aug stay. It may or may not be worth your while to upgrade to AP's.

We were in the parks for 8 days in December and are going back for another 8 next September but with FD on both of those trips it was still less expensive to get regular park tickets with park hoppers than it was to upgrade to APs.

It really depends on where you stay but it is worth running the numbers so that you go in with an educated guess when you consider upgrading to APs.

Anyone that booked online this morning have the modify button available?

I was finally able to get all 3 reservations that I need booked online. But I need to upgrade the park tickets on one package from 6 to 7 day and I was hoping I could just modify later. But there is no link as it says call to cancel. I have plenty of time but was just curious.

Anyone that booked online this morning have the modify button available?

I was finally able to get all 3 reservations that I need booked online. But I need to upgrade the park tickets on one package from 6 to 7 day and I was hoping I could just modify later. But there is no link as it says call to cancel. I have plenty of time but was just curious.
If all you want to do is modify the number of days on tickets I would recommend waiting until the rush is over and doing it then. They system is pretty wonky right now so I probably wouldn't risk it. If you booked online you should be able to modify it online but there have been times when I've had to call to make modifications even when booking online.

Just my .02

Been on hold for 47 minutes now. Hoping to change ressie from ASM to PORFQ. iScrap, did you get through yet?
Earlier today when I was able to view the offer online, PORFQ wasn't listed as one of the resorts. PORRS was though.

Ok Disney threw a wrench in my plans lol.
Let me know which you think is the better option now.

Current booking:
30% RO BB
2 adults
July 22-26
Contemporary, theme park view, club level
3 day PH
Total: $3,543
(Will only take full advantage of CL lounge on first and last day, paying OOP for QS meals, purchasing CL FP) so after the math is done real total will be about $4,050

If I do FD:
FD offer
2 adults
July 22-26
Contemporary, theme park view but DROP club level and obviously can't purchase CL FP
4 day PH (we arrive early on first day and leave late on last day so we could use the extra park day on one or the other)
DDP
$3,862

Would you drop club level and CL FP in order to get the DDP paying a little less in the end?

Current booking:
30% RO BB
2 adults
July 22-26
3 day PH
(Will only take full advantage of CL lounge on first and last day, paying OOP for QS meals, purchasing CL FP) so after the math is done real total will be about $4,050

If I do FD:
FD offer
2 adults
July 22-26
Contemporary, theme park view but DROP club level and obviously can't purchase CL FP
4 day PH (we arrive early on first day and leave late on last day so we could use the extra park day on one or the other)
DDP
$3,862

Would you drop club level and CL FP in order to get the DDP paying a little less in the end?

Personally, yes. I would drop club level FP in order to get dining plan options and not having only quick service. I can't see in your calculations the addition of paying for CL FP options. Would that make your first price even higher?

Personally I'd prefer better food over a few FP choices that I'll need to pay for but that's just me.

Earlier today when I was able to view the offer online, PORFQ wasn't listed as one of the resorts. PORRS was though.

Just for 25% off rooms. Was going back and forth from thread to thread for info on getting through on the phone and didn't realize I was on the FD thread. So sorry! I did see the POR FD though. I'm just seeing a king room available during our dates but might need to snag it. Still on hold......2 phones now.....

Personally, yes. I would drop club level FP in order to get dining plan options and not having only quick service. I can't see in your calculations the addition of paying for CL FP options. Would that make your first price even higher?

Personally I'd prefer better food over a few FP choices that I'll need to pay for but that's just me.

I had included the CL FP in the final number.
Basically its $150+tax PP for 3 days so with tax about $162 PP so it would have brought the $3,543 up to $3,867 only $5 more than the FD cost. Then I figured $15 PP per QS meal for 3 days in the parks. Although that was being quite conservative because we had planned to take some bits and pieces from the lounge like soda, water, and snacks but of course that means lugging it around the parks.

We were only doing CL FP because we were staying CL. We really don't need it as we can easily get the FP's we want.

I have to discuss it all with my sister still but the more I look at it logically the more it makes sense to get FD instead.

I had included the CL FP in the final number.
Basically its $150+tax PP for 3 days so with tax about $162 PP so it would have brought the $3,543 up to $3,867 only $5 more than the FD cost. Then I figured $15 PP per QS meal for 3 days in the parks. Although that was being quite conservative because we had planned to take some bits and pieces from the lounge like soda, water, and snacks but of course that means lugging it around the parks.

We were only doing CL FP because we were staying CL. We really don't need it as we can easily get the FP's we want.

I have to discuss it all with my sister still but the more I look at it logically the more it makes sense to get FD instead.
It really depends on what you choose to eat but I agree, $15 is pretty conservative a price for a QS meal. When we were there a couple of weeks ago the guy in front of me called over to someone at his table of 4, 'I just paid $100 for lunch!!'

Personally I watch prices my entire life so I'll admit to being biased and enjoy the freedom the DP offers us. We also enjoy the variety of snacks we can get with the DP and now that we get 2 snacks a day there are even more that we get to choose!

Whatever works best for you, just sharing a bit of why we enjoy the DP, especially if the $$ is close either way.

Just for 25% off rooms. Was going back and forth from thread to thread for info on getting through on the phone and didn't realize I was on the FD thread. So sorry! I did see the POR FD though. I'm just seeing a king room available during our dates but might need to snag it. Still on hold......2 phones now.....

According to the offer page, both Port Orleans resorts are only 10% off with the room only deal. The other moderate resorts are 25%.

Finally got someone on the line after 2.5 hours! We ended up having to move from BCV to a BC Deluxe Room, but got DDP included and saved $800 so it was worth the wait. This will be my first time staying in the hotel instead of the Villas so I hope I'm not disappointed.

It really depends on what you choose to eat but I agree, $15 is pretty conservative a price for a QS meal. When we were there a couple of weeks ago the guy in front of me called over to someone at his table of 4, 'I just paid $100 for lunch!!'

Personally I watch prices my entire life so I'll admit to being biased and enjoy the freedom the DP offers us. We also enjoy the variety of snacks we can get with the DP and now that we get 2 snacks a day there are even more that we get to choose!

Whatever works best for you, just sharing a bit of why we enjoy the DP, especially if the $$ is close either way.

Oh we love our DDP especially FD.
We were there a few weeks ago on the DDP that we had booked from a FD BB in 2017.
The only reason we even booked this trip how we did was because it was a good RO discount and I "knew" FD wasn't going to be in July lol.
If FD had been the current BB we would h ave booked it but also booked it for a value or moderate resort.
Now that I'm booked at Contemporary which is my white whale I can't give it up.

Couldn’t find a quick answer, I’m sure this info is somewhere. We have APs but debating if free dining is worth it for us and saving tickets for a future trip (5 day hopper). How long would the 5 day hopper be good for - when would it expire?

Couldn’t find a quick answer, I’m sure this info is somewhere. We have APs but debating if free dining is worth it for us and saving tickets for a future trip (5 day hopper). How long would the 5 day hopper be good for - when would it expire?
My understanding is that it would expire Dec 31, 2020 but if you don't use you can use the price of it towards future tickets. Probably a question to ask on a ticket forum as they can give a better answer.

Don't give up on Free Dining if that's what you want! Took all day...…...started at 10am...……...got in at 6:30pm! But its done!!!!!!!!!! Who'da thunk Disney was even gonna do FREE DINING this year o_O:D

Doug :goofy:

Current booking:
30% RO BB
2 adults
July 22-26
3 day PH

If I do FD:
FD offer
2 adults
July 22-26
DDP
$3,862

Definitely.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter