Official 2018 Star Wars - Light Side Half Marathon Weekend - Cancelled

It always pays to have a backup plan. As I patiently wait for an announcement from Disney, I am prepared to head down to Carlsbad that Sunday for the Carlsbad Half. Consequently, no stress while waiting for the announcement.

It always pays to have a backup plan. As I patiently wait for an announcement from Disney, I am prepared to head down to Carlsbad that Sunday for the Carlsbad Half. Consequently, no stress while waiting for the announcement.

Tempting because of that Triple Crown.......

In the facebook speculation group .... Robert Wang wrote "The guys manning the RunDisney booth at the Chicago Marathon expo said without citing their sources that they expect an announcement on the status of Light Side within a couple of weeks."

Another post had the following: "Jeff at RD booth said they will announce something in next 7-10 days. "

We shall see...I think they pretty much have to say something by the end of this month.

Last edited:
In the facebook speculation group .... Robert Wang wrote "The guys manning the RunDisney booth at the Chicago Marathon expo said without citing their sources that they expect an announcement on the status of Light Side within a couple of weeks."

Another post had the following: "Jeff at RD booth said they will announce something in next 7-10 days. "

We shall see...I think they pretty much have to say something by the end of this month.

Unfortunately, they said the same thing at Disneyland Half Weekend.

BREAKING NEWS UPDATE: Light Side Weekend is no longer available on the Active.com registration page for RunDisney Charity Providers.

If you are currently registered for Light Side, check and see if you can edit/modify your registration for Proof of Time.

I can still edit my information.

I just want them to make the announcement already so I can get my money back and go on with my life, lol!

Cool - just checking, because there are people on Facebook that cannot edit information for this race registration.

Interesting to note that I had emailed rundisney in mid September asking about the race. (Truly just to be a pest, I don't expect to learn anything.) I never received the automatic response from them though so I figured they were completely ignoring SWLS emails now. But yesterday I finally got the "well get back to you in up to 5 days" response.....could this mean they're getting ready to talk?

Hi - I'm new to Dis Board. I have been reading all of the forums/facebook posts about Light Side but I don't see "facebook speculation group" you are talking about. Can you direct me please? Thank you!
Also, I just read the LA Times article about the problems that Disney is having with the City of Anaheim, and it does shed a little light. Not about permits, as has been discussed, but the larger picture, of Anaheim shutting down Disney regarding larger projects.
My daughter and I just started our RunDisney adventure with Princess and Tink this year, and we have signed up for Dark Side next year, and wanted to shoot for the Kessel Run. What a disappointment if the Light Side doesn't happen!

I also pestered the RunDisney folks at the expo booth at Chicago, and the response I got suggested an announcement was coming "very soon", but no exact timetable was given. He also mentioned how Disney has total control over the course/traffic/etc. at WDW, but doesn't at DL, implying that was the cause of the problem. He didn't specify who exactly was the source of the issue, but the implication seemed to be that it was outside of Disney's hands. Who knows - that could've just been a way to deflect the anger if these races are canceled. I clearly wasn't the first to ask.

Interesting to note that I had emailed rundisney in mid September asking about the race. (Truly just to be a pest, I don't expect to learn anything.) I never received the automatic response from them though so I figured they were completely ignoring SWLS emails now. But yesterday I finally got the "well get back to you in up to 5 days" response.....could this mean they're getting ready to talk?

I, also, emailed them in September about SWLS, and I didn't receive ANY response, which I thought was weird because they had answered me in prior emails. I haven't received the canned response yet. Good luck on receiving some new info!

Hi - I'm new to Dis Board. I have been reading all of the forums/facebook posts about Light Side but I don't see "facebook speculation group" you are talking about. Can you direct me please? Thank you!
Also, I just read the LA Times article about the problems that Disney is having with the City of Anaheim, and it does shed a little light. Not about permits, as has been discussed, but the larger picture, of Anaheim shutting down Disney regarding larger projects.
My daughter and I just started our RunDisney adventure with Princess and Tink this year, and we have signed up for Dark Side next year, and wanted to shoot for the Kessel Run. What a disappointment if the Light Side doesn't happen!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1919028988314093/?fref=nf

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter