Official 2018 Star Wars Dark Side Weekend

Fingers and toes crossed that the forecast changes. I’ve trained to darn hard for this race to be cancelled.

THIS. So much this. This is my first half marathon ever and while I'm nervous I also want to do it because of the hours and hours put into it (I know you more competitive runners must put in so much more, too!).

Oh, and I was also sad that when I got to the expo on Friday they'd already sold out of the Han Solo and Chewbacca performance shirts for all men's sizes but XS (and no matter HOW much weight I lose, that's not happening). Oh well, next race I hope.

Anyone else notice that the amount of Champion brand merchandise seems less than years past?

I just tried on my prepuchased jacket and they're not Champion anymore. Doesn't seem as heavy weight. Yet the same price.

It’s a nicer jacket but runs a bit snug. Champion isn’t the best quality. runDisney is a premium price, so should the merch quality!

Had an absolute blast this weekend! DW didn't want to run when I first signed-up but took advantage of the 10K last chance registration when we picked-up my bib...I think she had a case of 1st degree FOMO! She ran it with no training (unfortunately, that's her modus operandi).

I stopped for soooo many pix. The medals are awesome...and HEAVY!

I stood in line st Guest Relations at the Expo (albeit a short line) to tell them that of the 6 race weekends I've attended before (all Marathon Weekends), this was the best organized Expo I've experienced. Hopefully next January will go as well as this one!

It’s a nicer jacket but runs a bit snug. Champion isn’t the best quality. runDisney is a premium price, so should the merch quality!
Did you preorder your jacket? I’ve only done it once but I saw that they still had them at the expo so I stopped but this year I didn’t see any, so I’m wondering if the jackets were preorder only :/

Half Finisher stats, so 1000+ less than last year for finishers, I'm sure they lost people from for no "traditional" Kessel Run & this is finishers not entrants so who knows on DNS/DNF, but to me I would still say it sold well.
2018 - 15,089
2017 - 16,316
2016 - 18,184

Congrats everyone on Conquering the Half & First Order Challenge! SO glad no storms for you all!

First half of this year’s runDisney quest completed. Now on to the second half in Paris in September for the Castle-to-Chateau Challenge. Anyone else going?

Did you preorder your jacket? I’ve only done it once but I saw that they still had them at the expo so I stopped but this year I didn’t see any, so I’m wondering if the jackets were preorder only :/

My daughter was able to pick up one of the extra pre-order jackets at the merchandise tent after the race. I didn't see any at the expo. They only had women's left today, and as a PP mentioned, they ran very small. Very cute though. I would have gotten one, but I bought one last year.

My daughter was able to pick up one of the extra pre-order jackets at the merchandise tent after the race. I didn't see any at the expo. They only had women's left today, and as a PP mentioned, they ran very small. Very cute though. I would have gotten one, but I bought one last year.
Ugh thanks. I get a jacket from every race I go to. I would’ve gotten the 1/4 zip long sleeve, but I don’t like women’s cut shirts and they didn’t make any for men. I felt that Disney was really slacking on the SWDS related merch this year

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter