"Official" 2018 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party - Holiday Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are attending the 11/25 party and I'm getting nervous about the crowds!

Is it possible to get a good spot that will work to see the 8:30 parade, 9:25 Mickey stage show and then 10:00 wishes?

I really need to decide if I'm buying tickets for this or not!

We have gone to WDW so many times at Thanksgiving and have never been able to arrive early enough or stay long enough after Thanksgiving to actually attend a MVMCP and I've always wanted to do it! Well, low and behold, we will be there 12/15-12/21/18 and I was sooooo excited to build the MCMCP into our plans! However, we will (for the first time ever) have APs and it seems like spending another $500-$600 when we already have admission for any other park is so wasteful....

Wah :sad:

Normally, we would just use the party in place of an extra day on our ticket....offsetting some of the cost.

Somebody.......please.... convince me one way or the other!

We have gone to WDW so many times at Thanksgiving and have never been able to arrive early enough or stay long enough after Thanksgiving to actually attend a MVMCP and I've always wanted to do it! Well, low and behold, we will be there 12/15-12/21/18 and I was sooooo excited to build the MCMCP into our plans! However, we will (for the first time ever) have APs and it seems like spending another $500-$600 when we already have admission for any other park is so wasteful....

Normally, we would just use the party in place of an extra day on our ticket....offsetting some of the cost.

Well, I have never attended this party, but will be for the first time (and second time) this year. I am a solo traveler so it's definitely easier for me to offset the cost.

Here is why I'm doing it:
- Christmastime at ANY Disney park is my favorite time to go.
- Seeing Mickey's Once Upon A Christmastime Parade at night has been on my list to do (I have always traveled during Christmas-New Years and that is when it becomes the daily afternoon parade).
- Seeing Holiday Wishes with the 180-degree fireworks finale (Great views of it outside the MK as well).

Why I wouldn't do it:
- The cost like you mentioned.
- I don't know if the treats/drinks are worth it like the candy is at MNSSHP. This is something that I am interested to try out.

Overall, I just like Christmastime at Disney more than any other holiday. I hope this helps.

We have gone to WDW so many times at Thanksgiving and have never been able to arrive early enough or stay long enough after Thanksgiving to actually attend a MVMCP and I've always wanted to do it!

Okay, here goes my convincing.....

I was in a very similar situation. I have always wanted to go to a party. Never could justify spending more money than we already had however. Now that we are empty nesters, and life has thrown us our share of curve balls, I decided you know what? LIFE IS TOO SHORT! We are not guaranteed a tomorrow, much less another Disney trip.So, lets bite the bullet and do what we want to do while we can :thumbsup2
I dropped our park hoppers because I know that we will not use them anyway,(we never do) and that saved us $169 that I then put towards our party tickets. :woohoo:

Hope that helped ;-)

Don't AP holders get a pretty good deal on party tickets?
Maybe its just certain dates or something though?
I think that if you've always wanted to go and can now for the first time then do it as long as its not breaking the bank.

EDIT: well scratch the AP discount since I just saw the last date is December 13th :(

I still say go if its something you've always wanted to do and this is your first and potentially only chance if you typically go during Thanksgiving.

Last edited:

Don't AP holders get a pretty good deal on party tickets?
Maybe its just certain dates or something though?
I think that if you've always wanted to go and can now for the first time then do it as long as its not breaking the bank.

EDIT: well scratch the AP discount since I just saw the last date is December 13th :(

I still say go if its something you've always wanted to do and this is your first and potentially only chance if you typically go during Thanksgiving.

1. $5 discount
2. Only for certain parties/dates

I just rearranged my entire Dec trip to include the party.... I was actually feeling sad I was going to be there during that time and NOT attend... and I knew Id regret it.. what if i never went at Christmastime again, what if they stop doing it, etc etc. and i decided to bite the bullet, purchase the tix, rearrange some park days and ADRs and go!!!!

So... if you think you will regret not going, then I say get the tix...maybe skip a TS meal to do QS and go to the party instead!! :)

I guess what I would say if the parks are already crowded for the holidays (not sure about your dates) how upset will you be if you pay the extra and the party is just slammed and/or sold out? Can your kids (if you have them) hang out all night or will they want to go back to the hotel about 10 ish?

We are going only because we have 2 days at Universal to use before the end of December and got party tickets at the military pricing. I am getting pretty worried about the crowds myself based on reading the Halloween party threads...

That being said, we are darn excited to see MK at Christmas! We have done parties over the years (anyone remember the Pirates and Princesses parties?!) and have had a great time and felt like it was an excellent value. I am really hoping we aren't terribly disappointed with MVMCP since they seem to be selling more and more tickets now.

Last edited:
Okay, here goes my convincing.....

I was in a very similar situation. I have always wanted to go to a party. Never could justify spending more money than we already had however. Now that we are empty nesters, and life has thrown us our share of curve balls, I decided you know what? LIFE IS TOO SHORT! We are not guaranteed a tomorrow, much less another Disney trip.So, lets bite the bullet and do what we want to do while we can :thumbsup2
I dropped our park hoppers because I know that we will not use them anyway,(we never do) and that saved us $169 that I then put towards our party tickets. :woohoo:

Hope that helped ;-)

Yes! Actually, my kids are in HS and college and I'm wondering how much longer they will be traveling with us. I hope it's a long time....I want to take grandkids someday....but you never know!

I just rearranged my entire Dec trip to include the party.... I was actually feeling sad I was going to be there during that time and NOT attend... and I knew Id regret it.. what if i never went at Christmastime again, what if they stop doing it, etc etc. and i decided to bite the bullet, purchase the tix, rearrange some park days and ADRs and go!!!!

So... if you think you will regret not going, then I say get the tix...maybe skip a TS meal to do QS and go to the party instead!! :)

I think if we never get another opportunity to do it, I will definitely be sorry I didn't go. Thank you!

I guess what I would say if the parks are already crowded for the holidays (not sure about your dates) how upset will you be if you pay the extra and the party is just slammed and/or sold out? Can your kids (if you have them) hang out all night or will they want to go back to the hotel about 10 ish?

We are going only because we have 2 days at Universal to use before the end of December and got party tickets at the military pricing. I am getting pretty worried about the crowds myself based on reading the Halloween party threads...

That being said, we are darn excited to see MK at Christmas! We have done parties over the years (anyone remember the Pirates and Princesses parties?!) and have had a great time and felt like it was an excellent value. I am really hoping we aren't terribly disappointed with MVMCP since they seem to be selling more and more tickets now.

None of us are under 16, so hopefully we can make it past 10pm! Ha ha!

OMG! The Pirate and Princess party was the BEST! My girls were maybe 4 and 8 (ish) and the little one was a princess and the older one was a pirate! Sometimes timing is everything and that was the perfect year for that party! I remember we had great character interactions as well!

I admit the crowd stories are getting to me. A guarantee of low crowds would definitely make it worth the price of admission. My D16 and I attended a DVC Moonlight Magic event @ MK in February. Every ride was walk on. And it was free. And we got a free meal and Mickey bars. So, that will be hard to beat! But the rest of my family wasn't with us...

Yes! Actually, my kids are in HS and college and I'm wondering how much longer they will be traveling with us. I hope it's a long time....I want to take grandkids someday....but you never know!

I think if we never get another opportunity to do it, I will definitely be sorry I didn't go. Thank you!

None of us are under 16, so hopefully we can make it past 10pm! Ha ha!

OMG! The Pirate and Princess party was the BEST! My girls were maybe 4 and 8 (ish) and the little one was a princess and the older one was a pirate! Sometimes timing is everything and that was the perfect year for that party! I remember we had great character interactions as well!

I admit the crowd stories are getting to me. A guarantee of low crowds would definitely make it worth the price of admission. My D16 and I attended a DVC Moonlight Magic event @ MK in February. Every ride was walk on. And it was free. And we got a free meal and Mickey bars. So, that will be hard to beat! But the rest of my family wasn't with us...

Haha we are in the same boat then. Our DD is a teen as well (and comes alive right at 10 pm it seems lol) and we think this might be the last WDW trip for awhile. She loves to travel and is anxious to go overseas so our money will be re-directed lol.

P&P was our very first party and I think she was maybe 5. We had so much fun and have such great pictures! Well you might as well go for it then and get the tickets. The fact they can hang all night is even better. The moonlight magic event sounds excellent, wow!

I think our favorite (so far) is a toss up between MNSSHP and the One More Disney Day event we did......leaving the MK at 6 am was amazing in itself.....

NEWS

Santa_MVMCP%2016x9.jpg

New in 2018 – Earlier Entry
This year, Members and their guests can enter Magic Kingdom park starting at 2:00 PM, which is 2 hours earlier than ever before! Simply present your valid Disney Vacation Club Membership Card and your event ticket at the main entrance touchpoints to take advantage of this benefit. The benefit is valid for the Member and up to 7 guests with tickets to this event (a total of 8 people).

Where did you find this?

My FP date is next week. I am a DVC member, so I plan to go into the party at 2:00. Does anyone know if DVC members are allowed to book FPs starting at 2:00? Also, if I have an extra 3 days on a NE ticket linked in MDE that are not going to be used this trip, can I book my FPs for the party first thing? I'm thinking my FPs won't be connected to my party ticket since I have plenty of days left on my regular park hopper tickets.

My FP date is next week. I am a DVC member, so I plan to go into the party at 2:00. Does anyone know if DVC members are allowed to book FPs starting at 2:00? Also, if I have an extra 3 days on a NE ticket linked in MDE that are not going to be used this trip, can I book my FPs for the party first thing? I'm thinking my FPs won't be connected to my party ticket since I have plenty of days left on my regular park hopper tickets.

FP+ times are not restricted to party time, PP just have to book during those times since not able to be in the park prior to 4pm. If entering at 2pm, you could select 1:15-2:15pm, 2:15-3:15pm & 3:15-4:15pm then see if additional FP+ are available after scan 3rd FP+. If too close for you, select 1st FP+ at 1:30pm and so on.... In theory, that is correct regarding NE Tickets (booking FP+ by priority, not MVMCP day last), however, I've never had them and have no reports on them; with NE ticket there shouldn't be an issue of canceling FP+ for MVMCP (receiving dreaded email). When entering park for MVMCP just make sure you go through correct line (MVMCP turnstiles to far right & DVC to right of those for MNSSHP, will update after 1st MVMCP) to ensure MVMCP ticket was used/scanned.

The crowds are making me nervous too, but with good planning it will hopefully not be too bad! You can start looking at the wait times during the Halloween party to gauge but nothing looks awful, but that’s all relative.
If this is something you’ve wanted to do and if you don’t know how many more family trips you’ll have, I say do it. It will be worth it!
I love everything Christmas and did the party for the first time last year. I needed to plan much better, but I loved it!! The treats were fun - I loved the cookies, pretzels, and snow cones! If you’re into special characters, that might be a good reason to go as well.
I was in WDW for the first MNSSHP and didn’t go to the party and I kind of regret it. It looked crowded, but I would have loved to see the castle show and all of the party specific things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!