"Official" 2018 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party - Holiday Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are going to the December 16th party! Our first Christmas party! (We are also doing not so scary Halloween in 2 weeks! We've done it a few times) what characters are available for meet and greet at the Christmas party? I'm trying to decide if I should keep my reservation at BOG to hopefully meet beast, or if he will be available with belle at the Christmas party. (That's a rumor I've heard). We go to Disney a couple of times a year and I've never met beast, and I was hoping to this year.
Beast used to meet with belle (in her red dress) at MVMCP prior to the opening of BOG. Since then, that’s been the only place to meet him. And since belle now meets in her Christmas dress in Epcot, I’d be surprised if there was any truth in that rumor. If you want to meet Beast, I’d plan to do dinner at BOG.

I'm really excited for this Party! I am booked for November 9th and December 6th! I have never done MVMCP, but I have been many times between Christmas-New Years. I can't wait to see the Christmas Parade at NIGHT for the first time and Holiday Wishes! :) :cool1: :dogdance:

I'm really excited for this Party! I am booked for November 9th and December 6th! I have never done MVMCP, but I have been many times between Christmas-New Years. I can't wait to see the Christmas Parade at NIGHT for the first time and Holiday Wishes! :) :cool1: :dogdance:

I love the Christmas parade at night too! Not the same in the daytime, IMO. Also, talk about crowds to watch the Christmas parade after the last MVMVP at MK during the day. Yikes!! Keep swimming, keep swimming. We just walked on by after leaving CP, not worth the crowds.

This is where I start to get nervous. With this being our first Disney vacation, let alone first MVMCP, I don't know how to "plan" the whole evening (starting at 4pm) when we don't know what the schedule of events looks like. We just plan on arriving around 3:45, getting an event list and prioritizing off of that. I didn't make any ADRs or FP for this reason alone.
Since the party doesn't start until 7pm, I wasn't sure if characters or food items for the party were available prior to that. We have 2 other MK days scheduled so I wasn't too terribly worried about getting in a bunch of rides, but more so going for the holiday events. We loosely have Moana, Judy Hopps/Nick Wilde and maybe Jack Skellington planned if none of them overlap. Hopefully that isn't an issue? I'm really hoping we get a sneak peek into the schedule before we leave. We're going on November 12th, which it looks like is about the 3rd party?

This is where I start to get nervous. With this being our first Disney vacation, let alone first MVMCP, I don't know how to "plan" the whole evening (starting at 4pm) when we don't know what the schedule of events looks like. We just plan on arriving around 3:45, getting an event list and prioritizing off of that. I didn't make any ADRs or FP for this reason alone.
Since the party doesn't start until 7pm, I wasn't sure if characters or food items for the party were available prior to that. We have 2 other MK days scheduled so I wasn't too terribly worried about getting in a bunch of rides, but more so going for the holiday events. We loosely have Moana, Judy Hopps/Nick Wilde and maybe Jack Skellington planned if none of them overlap. Hopefully that isn't an issue? I'm really hoping we get a sneak peek into the schedule before we leave. We're going on November 12th, which it looks like is about the 3rd party?

Post #1 lists all available MVMCP activities. So that's a good start. You can go to Post #3 for links to 2017 MVMCP Thread, it has times of all shows.There are not many changes year to year. Maybe parade times by 15 minutes, same with stage shows. Characters are listed on Page 1 in regards to what's/who's exclusive to MVMCP. If anything new added, it will be added to Post #1. Free treats and party exclusive treats will be updated. Last year there were numerous changes to treats compared to 2016.

Sandy Claws, 7D & Moana meet early. Can't remember if Nick & Judy meet early, and I went 2X last year and met them. Ha! Follow MNSSHP pattern (if attending 1st party) until the 1st MVMCP. Party Map will be added to Post #1 when available, please note, refer to Post #1 for locations, party map doesn't list actual locations.

Happy Planning!:santa:

I usually don’t do an ADR for dinner on party day and just do a quick service. Pick whichever your highest priority is Moana or jack and get in line for them when you get there, both will get huge lines. You may be able to meet the other character during the first parade. Some of the snacks you cannot get until 7. I think I remember the popcorn bucket being sold earlier last time I was there but I’m not sure.

If the party night is a cold, rainy evening, what locations with seating are most likely to be open until the end of the party to just rest up out of the rain?

Sorry.. this is not advice...but Can you please let us know if you get the email that says you have more fast pass days than park tickets!! I'm hoping I can book 2 FP myself for before our party on 12/11...thank you!!
I just did this when I booked FP this morning. I did all my other days first and then booked the party last and it let me do it. I tried to then book additional FPs to see what would happen, and it said I no longer had tickets to book additional FPs. I'm hoping that this doesn't result in my last day of FPs being cancelled!

Advice please! I see the parade is very close to the castle stage show. It seems silly to start waiting so early for the castle show in a good spot and then immediately after, fight the crowds going to main street to get a good parade view. Here's my question... is near the end of main street a bad place to see the stage show? Then we will have our parade seat and wont have to move, but I'm thinking it's too far from the show. OR I will see the first parade and wait for a later show.

Advice please! I see the parade is very close to the castle stage show. It seems silly to start waiting so early for the castle show in a good spot and then immediately after, fight the crowds going to main street to get a good parade view. Here's my question... is near the end of main street a bad place to see the stage show? Then we will have our parade seat and wont have to move, but I'm thinking it's too far from the show. OR I will see the first parade and wait for a later show.
By “end of Main Street” do you mean near the flagpole? If so, you’ll be unable to see the stage show from there. We always plan to watch the midnight show - it’s like extending our party time and is usually not very crowded so you can get pretty close!

By “end of Main Street” do you mean near the flagpole? If so, you’ll be unable to see the stage show from there. We always plan to watch the midnight show - it’s like extending our party time and is usually not very crowded so you can get pretty close!

No, I meant the other end of main street. But I like your idea of waiting until the last one. I think I will actually do that. Thanks!

Touring Plans came through with a 3:35 ressie at the Crystal Palace on our party night.......so do we go in, eat and then come back out only to go back in for the party?

We only have tickets to the party....

Touring Plans came through with a 3:35 ressie at the Crystal Palace on our party night.......so do we go in, eat and then come back out only to go back in for the party?

We only have tickets to the party....

You won't be able to get in before 4 pm with just a party ticket. Unless you are DVC member and can get in at 2 pm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!