"Official" 2018 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party - Holiday Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m considering the 12/16 party with my brother. My parents and nephew might come up, too! The last party I attended was 2016 and I liked it a lot. I remember waiting a lonnnng time for a perfect parade spot on main street. Lol.

We prefer the Halloween party, but I think I’m pretty much sold on it! The parade and the fireworks on main street are just so nice and christmas-y. It’s hard to feel christmas-y living in Florida. I’ll most likely buy my brother and I’s ticket when I get back from my next little trip.

I’m super duper excited after Halloween party

I do think the party tickets are going up quite a bit though!

Love that they announced we can enter 3 hours early!
The MDE app does not recognize the DVC early entry though, so any fast passes that day using the early entry count against all the days available to book. (IT still has a bit of work to do)

Not quite sure of post...The official start time of the party is 7pm. You can only get 3 FP+ per day, even with a MVMCP ticket, do double dipping (i.e. 6 FP+ not possible). So if have 5D MYW ticket & a MVMCP ticket, you can book FP+ for 6D, just book FP+ for MVMCP last. There were some issues with this (PP attending MNSSHP), but not for everyone. PP did receive emails about cancelling FP+ for MNSSHP and some have not. PP posted that they called IT and the issue was corrected, others posted no emails, and no issues with FP+. I haven't seen any posts on this thread yet about cancelling FP+ (we are within 30D of 1st party)

So PP can book FP+ from 4-6pm (in the past 4-7pm before MK started closing at 6pm). With MK closing at 6pm this year, PP did 3:30-4:30, 4:30-5:30 & 5:30-6pm. To my understanding from OP (with DVC for MNSSHP), they did 2-3, 3-4, 4-5pm and could still get additional FP+ (i.e. 4th & 5th).

There is still a separate line/turnstile for DVC MNSSHP entry so MNSSHP ticket is used, so it should be the same for MVMCP.

There are references to FP+ and MNSSHP/MVMCP on Post #1 from last year. Prior to last year there wasn't any issues with PP booking FP+ with MNSSHP & MVMCP tickets.

I just saw WDW commercial for Joy to the Word, Special Holiday Magic, November 8-December 31.

It was very short but but showed MVMCP, Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM! TSS, Frozen Holiday Wish. PP in holiday attire. I don't remember seeing one last year.

Are any attractions usually closed during MVMCP?
I know there are several for MNNSHP but its been a few years since I've gone to the Xmas party and can't recall.
Specifically I'm wondering about COP and Mickey's Philharmagic.

Just to make sure I understand criteria for a hard ticket event......
If we purchase MVMCP tickets, we DO NOT need park hopper tickets correct? Even if we use a 1 day ticket at another park on the morning of the party day?
I am thinking of cancelling our PH option,that we do not plan on using anyway, to offset the cost of the party tickets.

Last edited:
Are any attractions usually closed during MVMCP?
I know there are several for MNNSHP but its been a few years since I've gone to the Xmas party and can't recall.
Specifically I'm wondering about COP and Mickey's Philharmagic.

See Post #1 for attractions opened during MVMCP last year. I'm pretty sure Disney's website is not correct with only 5 rides open. Once released for this year, I'll update. However, typically it's the same rides every year unless refurb going on.

Just to make sure I understand criteria for a hard ticket event......
If we purchase MVMCP tickets, we DO NOT need park hopper tickets correct? Even if we use a 1 day ticket at another park on the morning of the party day?
I am thinking of cancelling our PH option,that we do not plan on using anyway, to offset the cost of the phone tickets.

Correct, you can go to another park that morning, then use MVMCP at 4pm. There are separate lines/turnstiles (on the right with signs) that you go through to ensure MVMCP is scanned, and you'll receive wristband and party map.

See Post #1 for attractions opened during MVMCP last year. I'm pretty sure Disney's website is not correct with only 5 rides open. Once released for this year, I'll update. However, typically it's the same rides every year unless refurb going on.

Well neither of those attractions are listed as open from last year so I'm guessing they are closed but I just don't know why they would be since they are not treat lines.
Thing is my FP+ day is tomorrow and wanted to know which order I need to do my FP+ in.
Like should I get Space Mountain to start and do COP while I'm over there and then try to do Mickey's Philharmagic on the way over to Jingle Cruise and Splash?
Vs if those attractions were both open I really wouldn't care the order of my FP+ because I could do those at any time of the evening.

Well neither of those attractions are listed as open from last year so I'm guessing they are closed but I just don't know why they would be since they are not treat lines.
Thing is my FP+ day is tomorrow and wanted to know which order I need to do my FP+ in.
Like should I get Space Mountain to start and do COP while I'm over there and then try to do Mickey's Philharmagic on the way over to Jingle Cruise and Splash?
Vs if those attractions were both open I really wouldn't care the order of my FP+ because I could do those at any time of the evening.

They were not open in 2017 either. Mickey's PhilharMagic (Fantasyland) has been a check-in for PP already in the park for the last few years, starting at 4pm.

Correct, you can go to another park that morning, then use MVMCP at 4pm. There are separate lines/turnstiles (on the right with signs) that you go through to ensure MVMCP is scanned, and you'll receive wristband and party map.

Thank you so much monique5 ! One more question....
We have changed plans, and now want to do the party on our MK park day. Just going to head to MK around lunch.....maybe leave for dinner and come back for the party.

So, if we leave and will be back before 4, we simply have our hand stamped when leaving? Or do they even do that any more?
And if we leave and come back after 4, we simply use the turnstiles on the right side that you mentioned?

Last edited:
We have changed plans, and now want to do the party on our MK park day. Just going to head to MK around lunch.....maybe leave for dinner and come back for the party.

So, if we leave and will be back before 4, we simply have our hand stamped when leaving? Or do they even do that any more?
And if we leave and come back after 4, we simply use the turnstiles on the right side that you mentioned?
They don't use hand stamps. The computer system recognizes you were there earlier and allows you back in. If you go back before 4pm just use the regular line and then get your wristband later at an in park location. If after 4pm buf before park close you can either enter the regular line and get your wristband in the park or use the party line and get your wristband that way.

A little confused.. Going to MK @ lunch, to me, means ~11am-12:30pm and dinner ~4-6pm. 2-3 hours at park? IMO not good value of ticket, but not sure of your other plans. Also, don't know where you are staying. That could be 30min-1hr to arrived, then up to 2 hours leaving and returning. So again not good use of ticket or time. More time traveling than at park. However, if at a monorail resort or Contemporary (walking is an option), then not as long, but if taking bus....20-25minute wait, might have to wait on 2nd bus. Then leaving 20-25minutes, ride to resort, and then the same time constraints coming back. So a lot of unknowns for me. Just a few things to think about....

Entry/Re-entry Question:
If go to MK, you can return to MK on same day with MYW ticket at regular turnstile, if before 4pm, utilize one of the inside 3 check-in points for MVMCP access at 4pm.

If RTN to MK at 4pm, go to MVMCP turnstile (On Far Right with Signs) and use MVMCP entry and receive wristband and party map.

I am going to party on Dec 2 but I will be at Magic kingdom on the Thur and Friday before that. I would like to stay to watch the 6:15 castle lighting on one of those two days if possible so I can try to see everything else during my party. Is that possible? I would leave immediately after as I have an ADR (both nites).

Is Jingle cruise better at night or is seeing it during the day sufficient? I believe someone said its an all day ride not just party specific
Correct, it will be Jingle Cruise all day during the holidays. I do find some of the decorations harder to see at night, but also enjoy seeing the holiday lights, too. If you can ride twice, that would be my suggestion. If only once, I’d pick daylight.

Correct, it will be Jingle Cruise all day during the holidays. I do find some of the decorations harder to see at night, but also enjoy seeing the holiday lights, too. If you can ride twice, that would be my suggestion. If only once, I’d pick daylight.
Ditto. You can't really see the decorations and things on land at night. We preferred riding it during the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!