"Official" 2018 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party - Holiday Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m pretty sure I know the answer to this, but is there any chance whatsoever that there would be a Christmas party on 1st November?

Yeah, I know it’s wishful thinking, though it would be very nice. We will be at the Halloween party earlier in our trip and are going home on 2nd November. I’m considering the idea of staying to see the first Christmas party, though I don’t know if that would work for us.

Edit: Sorry, I thought I had quoted you, @dachsie and @mom2rtk

Yeah, I know it’s wishful thinking, though it would be very nice. We will be at the Halloween party earlier in our trip and are going home on 2nd November. I’m considering the idea of staying to see the first Christmas party, though I don’t know if that would work for us.

Edit: Sorry, I thought I had quoted you, @dachsie and @mom2rtk
The first MVMCP is usually the second week in November. Last year the first party was November 9th. There is a post earlier in this thread with this years dates for both Halloween and Christmas parties and the first Christmas party is Thursday, Nov. 8th. I hope that helps.

The first MVMCP is usually the second week in November. Last year the first party was November 9th. There is a post earlier in this thread with this years dates for both Halloween and Christmas parties and the first Christmas party is Thursday, Nov. 8th. I hope that helps.

That’s really helpful, thank you! I will go look for it now. My problem is that Virgin only flies to my regional airport once a week in November, so I would need to add on an extra week or change flights. We will see...

There is no way they can change decorations that fast

We were there last year at the beginning of November. The last Halloween Party was November 1, November 2 garland was strung down Main Street, the flower beds were poinsettias, the wooden soldiers were out and the holiday music was piped through already!! It was absolutely crazy how quickly they changed things. Granted, not ALL the decorations were up (no tree) but there were enough to be like "huh, Christmas is coming"!

We will be attending the party on Nov 30th. We've done MNSSHP in the past but will be our first MVMCP. According to Touring Plans it Looks like this day resort wide will be low crowds so I'm hoping the party won't be crazy busy. For those of you that have gone are Friday's typically a busier night for parties?

We will be attending the party on Nov 30th. We've done MNSSHP in the past but will be our first MVMCP. According to Touring Plans it Looks like this day resort wide will be low crowds so I'm hoping the party won't be crazy busy. For those of you that have gone are Friday's typically a busier night for parties?
I haven't been on a Friday but other websites and blogs say Friday is a busy night because it is a weekend. That is when a lot of locals go because they are off the next day. Tuesday or Thursday are better because they are both school nights so less locals. We went on Sunday Dec 10 last year and it was crowded. If you look at historical data on touring plans you can see which ones were sold out. This will give you an idea of what days were super busy. I hope that helps.

We were there last year at the beginning of November. The last Halloween Party was November 1, November 2 garland was strung down Main Street, the flower beds were poinsettias, the wooden soldiers were out and the holiday music was piped through already!! It was absolutely crazy how quickly they changed things. Granted, not ALL the decorations were up (no tree) but there were enough to be like "huh, Christmas is coming"!

I’m really excited to hear this. We are currently scheduled to fly home on the evening of 2nd November, so even if we don’t get to attend the Christmas party, it would be wonderful to see some of the decorations. It’s very impressive that they can turn it around so fast!

I’m really excited to hear this. We are currently scheduled to fly home on the evening of 2nd November, so even if we don’t get to attend the Christmas party, it would be wonderful to see some of the decorations. It’s very impressive that they can turn it around so fast!

It really is! There was actually a special on TV around the holidays about how the resorts get ready and they showed clips of them switching out the decorations and it is pure magic! Just know that I think that fast turn around is for Magic Kingdom only. I think we went to Epcot later in the day and Christmas wasn't the case there (if my memory is serving me properly).

It really is! There was actually a special on TV around the holidays about how the resorts get ready and they showed clips of them switching out the decorations and it is pure magic! Just know that I think that fast turn around is for Magic Kingdom only. I think we went to Epcot later in the day and Christmas wasn't the case there (if my memory is serving me properly).

That sounds interesting - I wonder if I can find it online. If I can see some Christmas decorations in MK, even just a few on Main Street, then I will be thrilled!

I think I get the gist of MVMCP... I went to MNSSHP last year, and it seems like the same party with different holiday theming. Is this correct? For example: holiday parade, holiday fireworks, holiday stage show, free holiday treats, not free holiday treats, rare character meet and greets, generally shorter ride lines... etc.

I read what I.could in the 2017 MVMCP thread, but I was wondering if there are any major differences or strategies for the Christmas party, as opposed to the Halloween party.

Thanks for this thread!! Going December 14-20th and we are debating on doing the party. I really hope I can talk my crowd into it!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter