"Official" 2018 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party - Holiday Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
How worried should I be about a sold out party? We’ll be there on the 16th. This is my family’s first Christmas party but far from our first Christmas in Disney. We’re used to the huge crowds on actual Christmas. It will however be my brother’s girlfriend’s first trip ever. I’m a bit worried that it sold out that it will be madness and not worth it.

What to do? What to do? I have tickets for the 16th. Not sure they could even exchange them for the 18th. The reason I picked the earlier date is because we had a monsoon one year at a MNSSP. They offered us other party tickets for later in the week, but we were leaving the next day. Total bummer! Looking at the weather forecast, it seems pretty nice on the 18th (which will be our last day there). Should I even attempt to switch dates? The big things we would lose is our BOG reservation at 5:35 would have to be moved to 7:50. Pretty sure we can work around that though. No FP for PP that afternoon. Not a deal breaker. For the day we would be switching, we would be going to DHS and we would lose our FP for TSM (would RD and want to only ride TSM and SDD and just noticed it's an EMH morning) and we would lose our ADR for Mama Melrose (never been). Would you even try to switch?

What to do? What to do? I have tickets for the 16th. Not sure they could even exchange them for the 18th. The reason I picked the earlier date is because we had a monsoon one year at a MNSSP. They offered us other party tickets for later in the week, but we were leaving the next day. Total bummer! Looking at the weather forecast, it seems pretty nice on the 18th (which will be our last day there). Should I even attempt to switch dates? The big things we would lose is our BOG reservation at 5:35 would have to be moved to 7:50. Pretty sure we can work around that though. No FP for PP that afternoon. Not a deal breaker. For the day we would be switching, we would be going to DHS and we would lose our FP for TSM (would RD and want to only ride TSM and SDD and just noticed it's an EMH morning) and we would lose our ADR for Mama Melrose (never been). Would you even try to switch?
Honestly that close to christmas, the 18th could very well sell out, as well. I’d consider just staying with the 16th.

Honestly that close to christmas, the 18th could very well sell out, as well. I’d consider just staying with the 16th.
That was my initial thought as well. But the last Tuesday before Christmas last year did not sell out. But it's also still pretty far out to switch things around. The weather forecast could change quite a bit between now and next Tuesday.

Has anyone done the Jack/Sally M&G towards the END of the party? How did that go? When did you get in line? How long did you wait? :)

Has anyone done the Jack/Sally M&G towards the END of the party? How did that go? When did you get in line? How long did you wait? :)

I got in line at 8:30 at last night’s party just before the first parade was due to start and was done in 45 minutes. The parade had finished when I got out and the line was noticeably longer at that point. The cast members said people had piled in as soon as the parade had finished. I’m not sure how long the lines stayed long after that but I would guess the line would have gotten quieter again when the second parade was on.

I got in line at 8:30 at last night’s party just before the first parade was due to start and was done in 45 minutes. The parade had finished when I got out and the line was noticeably longer at that point. The cast members said people had piled in as soon as the parade had finished. I’m not sure how long the lines stayed long after that but I would guess the line would have gotten quieter again when the second parade was on.
Thanks you!! :worship:

That was my initial thought as well. But the last Tuesday before Christmas last year did not sell out. But it's also still pretty far out to switch things around. The weather forecast could change quite a bit between now and next Tuesday.

Well, I missed out on the 16th because I waited. The weather looked significantly better for the 18th about 3 hours ago, but now forecasts are similar on at least one weather website. It changes constantly, so unless you wanted to wait until the day before, you did the best you could.

FWIW, I did just change everything around (16th to 18th) and because all our FPs were for mornings and we can hop, it wasn't a big deal. Actually, we got an ADR that we wanted and couldn't get the right time for on the 16th and I bought Tony's Merriest whatever just in case (which was sold out on the 16th). Not sure I'm keeping it. I want to, but I just added up all my "extras" for this trip and they total $3000. Something's gotta go.

How worried should I be about a sold out party? We’ll be there on the 16th. This is my family’s first Christmas party but far from our first Christmas in Disney. We’re used to the huge crowds on actual Christmas. It will however be my brother’s girlfriend’s first trip ever. I’m a bit worried that it sold out that it will be madness and not worth it.
I’ve done quite a few sold out parties (even a sold out MNSSHP this year, with the supposed increase in ticket sales) and a sold out party is still better than a busy day in MK - and far better than Christmas crowds!!! Just know that the party exclusive events will be busy no matter which party you attend (parade, shows, fireworks, exclusive characters) and make sure you have a plan. Enjoy!!

Personally, I would keep the party and plan on. having a good time. However, if you do change, I think you could still keep your BOG ADR as you could still have it as a day guest since the park doesn't close until 6

Plus, we don’t really even know what determines “sold out” status. For all we know, the 16th and the 18th can have a difference of a couple hundred people. That’s hardly a difference when you account for the massive size of the park.

We are going tonight and I just found out dh didn't pack any pants. I guess it's a good thing we're going to Tony's. At any rate his cold knees seem to bother me more than they do him...
A lot of people wore pajama bottoms at the party too!

I apologize if this is an obvious question, but does anyone have a guess as to what would be the cutoff time to use a Multiple Experience fastpass if we have party tickets for tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter