"Official" 2018 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party - Holiday Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems that party experience is heavily dependent on how busy or not the party is. I'm another one going on the 16th and booked Tony's. I'm a little nervous with it being sold out! Keeping for now but hope I don't feel like it was a waste of money.

We went to the party last night, 12/7/18 and it was absolutely amazing. We also did Ton'y and loved it. It was our first MVMCP.The party and Tony's were not crowded at all, we felt like it was empty. The longest I think we waited for anything was 30 minutes and that would be the dwarfs and the pooh characters. The cookie stops were no lines and we got all of them.
-Got in a 3:45 and got a picture by the tree, checked into Tonys and got our first cookie.
-Made our way to BTMR FP and got a dessert at Pecos Bill. Rope teacups walk on.
-Made our way to tomorrowland and did a SM FP and then met Ariel with a 10 minute wait. Walked around a lot.
-Watched a 6:15 Frozen Castle Wish, we walked up at 5:55 and got to stand directly in front of the castle.
-Started going to some cookie stops. Met Santa Goofy, 15 minute wait.
-Met the dwarfs with a max 30 minute wait right around 7:30, it was amazing.
-Walked through fantasyland and did some pictures. Walked onto haunted mansion.
-Met Pooh & Friends, about 25-20 minute wait.
-Made our way down Main Street, took some pictures, and went to Tony's right at 9:30.
-Wine was great. Food isn't incredible but was good and we definitely enjoyed having somewhere to sit, eat, drink, and relax. Tony was funny.
-Walked right down the middle of main street for fireworks at 10 and had a perfect view. Went back to Tony's for a bit.
-Walked out for the 11 parade at 10:55 and were right in the center with a beautiful view of the parade down main street. Tony's was definitely worth the money for us.
-Walked up to the front of the castle for the 11:55 castle show and then left after that!

Overall the night was amazing and we loved it. It was not sold out and the whole night felt empty. We had a great time and would love to do it again.

We went to the party last night, 12/7/18 and it was absolutely amazing. We also did Ton'y and loved it. It was our first MVMCP.The party and Tony's were not crowded at all, we felt like it was empty. The longest I think we waited for anything was 30 minutes and that would be the dwarfs and the pooh characters. The cookie stops were no lines and we got all of them.
-Got in a 3:45 and got a picture by the tree, checked into Tonys and got our first cookie.
-Made our way to BTMR FP and got a dessert at Pecos Bill. Rope teacups walk on.
-Made our way to tomorrowland and did a SM FP and then met Ariel with a 10 minute wait. Walked around a lot.
-Watched a 6:15 Frozen Castle Wish, we walked up at 5:55 and got to stand directly in front of the castle.
-Started going to some cookie stops. Met Santa Goofy, 15 minute wait.
-Met the dwarfs with a max 30 minute wait right around 7:30, it was amazing.
-Walked through fantasyland and did some pictures. Walked onto haunted mansion.
-Met Pooh & Friends, about 25-20 minute wait.
-Made our way down Main Street, took some pictures, and went to Tony's right at 9:30.
-Wine was great. Food isn't incredible but was good and we definitely enjoyed having somewhere to sit, eat, drink, and relax. Tony was funny.
-Walked right down the middle of main street for fireworks at 10 and had a perfect view. Went back to Tony's for a bit.
-Walked out for the 11 parade at 10:55 and were right in the center with a beautiful view of the parade down main street. Tony's was definitely worth the money for us.
-Walked up to the front of the castle for the 11:55 castle show and then left after that!

Overall the night was amazing and we loved it. It was not sold out and the whole night felt empty. We had a great time and would love to do it again.

Dwarfs were only 30 mins at 7:30? Wow. And getting a center spot in the reserved area at 10:55 is not bad at all. Glad you had a great time!

I see that tix are non-refundable, but does anybody know if they are good about exchanging them for a different date?

I've been putting off buying until the weather report is a little more reliable, but I'm afraid my date will sell out. There are 3 parties during our week. I'm planning on the 1st one, but could easily make the 2nd one work and the 3rd with some struggle.

Not freezing to death is important to me.

Looks like the weather for the 9th is getting better!!! Fingers crossed!!

We fly in on the 9th (from Baltimore so not a super long travel day). We havent bought our party tickets yet but have tony's reservations for Tuesday. I'm thinking about switching it all to tomorrow bcs it will def be warmer. Also: tony's isn't sold out yet for sunday and it is for Tuesday so it might be a better experience all around.

MVMCP on the 16th is sold out! We’re attending the party on the 18th - hoping for great weather and a not sold out party, lol.

Well, that settles that. I gave myself a deadline of tomorrow to decide between the 16 or 18 or not at all. So, based on my disappointment seeing the 16 is sold out (and that is the date I made all my plans around), I guess I'm buying the 18th party tickets.

Weather forecast was what I was waiting for and had me dilly dallying. It's so up and down, but the 18th has consistently looked better. But I liked the cheaper ticket price on the 16th.

The only thing this screws up is our ability to do Spirit of Aloha this trip. There's always next time. MVMCP will not be available next time.

It doesn't look like the Tuesday part of this same week last year didn't even sell out. Think I should still hurry up and buy?

It seems that party experience is heavily dependent on how busy or not the party is. I'm another one going on the 16th and booked Tony's. I'm a little nervous with it being sold out! Keeping for now but hope I don't feel like it was a waste of money.
They have plenty of food & the drinks are flowing! It’s worth going. You’ll have a great time. Don’t panic. Plan on arriving early, getting the wristband, and waiting in line earlier than 9:30pm to assure yourself a decent table. When it’s nearing parade time, go outside and grab a spot early ( at least half hour before).We did 10 minutes prior and still had a great spot. Sooner would have been a curb seat. You will love it.

Well, that settles that. I gave myself a deadline of tomorrow to decide between the 16 or 18 or not at all. So, based on my disappointment seeing the 16 is sold out (and that is the date I made all my plans around), I guess I'm buying the 18th party tickets.

Weather forecast was what I was waiting for and had me dilly dallying. It's so up and down, but the 18th has consistently looked better. But I liked the cheaper ticket price on the 16th.

The only thing this screws up is our ability to do Spirit of Aloha this trip. There's always next time. MVMCP will not be available next time.

It doesn't look like the Tuesday part of this same week last year didn't even sell out. Think I should still hurry up and buy?

I would go ahead and buy IF the party on the 18th is the only one you can go to, and IF you definitely know you want to go to a party.

Oh mannn you guys have me nervous! We're going to the 12/16 party. Good thing, I guess, that our only goals for the evening are to make it to our Crystal Palace ADR, do Jingle Cruise, and watch the parade and fireworks. I think we can pull it off even with a sold out party. Fingers crossed at least!

Just FYI for those interested,. the Zero magic shot (both pic and movie) are indeed available at the Haunted Mansion exit during MVMCP.

question; for anyone who has attended MNSSHP, do you think the Halloween party is better or the Cmas party? Looking for some thoughts on this if I should attempt this next year?

Went solo to Friday, 12/7 party. No interest in parades, fireworks, M&G, or parties...just rides. Got in at 3:45...already had FP’s for Space, Splash, and BTMRR until 6:00. Stopped riding at 11:30pm and just strolled for last 30 minutes. Ride list was: Splash 3x, BTMRR 3x, Space 2x, PoC 2x, Phliharmagic 2x, Under the Sea, HM, IASW, Pooh, PP, and 7DMT.

Low posted SB times all night for Splash, PoC, IASW (5-10). They were actually basically walk on. Posted times for Pooh, HM, BTMRR were generally 15-25...actual was half that. Posted space was around 30, actual was more like 20. Posted for PP was 25-30...my actual was really close to that. Posted SB for 7D was mostly 40-45 minutes. I went on at 11:00pm with a posted 35, and actual was just under that.

So to sum up, my actual wait times were about half of posted for all but PP and 7D. Posted Times for all were definitely lower for after 11:15 or so.

Walkway crowds ranged from sparse (at 6:00 in Frontierland) to very heavy (Fantasyland after parade, but also “busy” much of the night).

question; for anyone who has attended MNSSHP, do you think the Halloween party is better or the Cmas party? Looking for some thoughts on this if I should attempt this next year?
I personally think the Halloween party is better, but I still love MVMCP! I personally find more “exclusiveness” at the Halloween party, but I LOVE christmas, and MVMCP is so magical.

Well folks, looks I’ll be attending my first sold out party on the 16th. Now I’m so glad I booked Tony’s!

I personally think the Halloween party is better, but I still love MVMCP! I personally find more “exclusiveness” at the Halloween party, but I LOVE christmas, and MVMCP is so magical.

Well folks, looks I’ll be attending my first sold out party on the 16th. Now I’m so glad I booked Tony’s!
Thanks for sharing. Another friend told me they prefer the Halloween party too but I still like hearing other peoples thoughts.

I prefer the Halloween party, but Christmas has it's highlights also. Villains, spooky music, and characters masquerading make Halloween time a fairly unique experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter