"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

Well this is interesting

Maybe it wasn't a mistake and it was supposed to be Tinkerbell? Or it was a mistake they made more than once?

I noticed that too.
I mean it’s definitely supposed to be ballroom dancers but maybe there was a weird glitch.
I’ll call at 9am..

So I’m not going to write a detailed review as I didn’t closely watch the times on things Friday (10/5) but here are my observations.
1. People are lining up MUCH earlier for characters than in years past in my experience. It used to be that only a few characters had lines that started early but we saw many lines forming by 6 or shortly after this year.
2. They opened trick or treat stations before 7 (we went through the line at carousel of progress at 6:45)
3. Ride lines for most rides we went on were reasonable. Not walk-ons but shorter than daytimes waits (space mountain looked mobbed but we did not go on that).
4. Magic shots that we got had short lines but we did not do all of them (skipped the ones right at Haunted Mansion due to extreme crowds).
5. Crowds near Haunted Mansion and guest services In Liberty square were horrendous. By far the worst crowds we saw all night. I assume between the TOT station, those riding HM, and those getting magic shots/enjoying the performers on the lawn it was just too much in a small area.
6. Frontierland was still a good place to get a spot for the parade. We got spots along the rope early (like 8:35-8:40) but it was also so we could watch the cadaver Dans, the pre parade entertainment, etc. It didn’t get really busy until close to 15 minutes before the parade. Up until then there were 2nd row spots to be had in our area.
5. Grassy area in the HUB by Casey’s was not that crowded and initially we grabbed spots there a little early (like 9:45/9:50) with intention to take turns grabbing snacks/use the bathroom etc. However when my son and I left a couple minutes later we found spots on the tape line by the walking path across Main Street and managed to get a MUCH better view than we had in the grassy area. This was at about 10 pm so just 15 min before the fireworks. I got some great pics as a result.
5. Main Street near train station was not crowded for 2nd parade. We were on our way out and decided to pop back in to see the Headless Horseman ride again. We literally walked in as the music was playing and he rode down Main Street and we had 2nd row “seats”.
6. One last observation. People with fake service dogs are ridiculous. We saw a lady getting pics with Elvis Stitch. Not only did she have her tiny “service” dog in a full Halloween costume but she proceeded to request pictures with just the dog and stitch after getting ones with herself, the dog, and stitch. What service was that dog performing?

Has anyone been able to watch the parade from the railing at the train station this year? I’m thinking my kids would like that elevated view best. I’ve heard that space is occasionally blocked off for FoF but haven’t heard anything from this year’s Halloween parties. Just wondering if those spaces are attainable and how early we would need to arrive there for the 9:15 parade. Thanks!

You can watch from there but the middle section facing the castle is roped off for VIP tours so you’d be off to the side.

The Headless Horseman Straw Clip $5.99 You’ll find him galloping around at Magic Kingdom Park at Walt Disney World Resort.
Locations: Sleepy Hollow, Storybook Treats, Aloha Isle and at Casey's. You should also be able to mobile order it from Casey's.
I got ours 2 weeks ago from the stand outside Peco Bill’s that was selling the apple cider slush (Golden Outpost??)

I got ours 2 weeks ago from the stand outside Peco Bill’s that was selling the apple cider slush (Golden Outpost??)

Interesting, I've not heard this item as being sold out, so I wonder if it's just that location (Sleepy Hollow)?

FWIW on the Dream 10/5-10/8 they had the Halloween ‘resort’ mugs as well as the poison apple stein, generic Halloween, cauldron, and oogie boogie buckets and the horsemen straw clip

Really? I wonder if they are the same price? (Sorry to take this thread OT!)

Are the Dwarfs still meeting at 6:15? Here is my current plan for the 21st party, however I am wondering if it might be possible to line up and meet Jack and Sally before lining up for the Dwarfs?

3:30-4:10 - Park Entrance. Bypass. Get Sorcerer Card
3:30-4:30 - BTMR FP
4:30-5:30 - 7DMT FP
4:50-7:10 - Line up 7D. Take turns runing for food/snack. Buzz FP (5:30-6:00).
7:10-7:40 - Not sure what we have time for yet. Maybo Lotso? How early do we have to be at HP?
7:40-8:40 - Hocus Pocus Villain Spelltacular
8:15-8:40 - Pirates
8:45-9:35 - Parade at 9:15. Watch from Country Bear Jamboree
9:35-10:30 - Fireworkds at 10:15. Watch by Crystal Palace.
10:30-12:00 - ToT. Ride Space. Random Characters. Other Rides.

Haven't seen a Jack and Sally update. Are they permenantly up front, inside, now?

Did just find one, so, is that permenant for the rest of the event? Anyone know if there are now 2 pairs?

The Headless Horseman Straw Clip $5.99 You’ll find him galloping around at Magic Kingdom Park at Walt Disney World Resort.
Locations: Sleepy Hollow, Storybook Treats, Aloha Isle and at Casey's. You should also be able to mobile order it from Casey's.
Thanks! Maybe there are still available at other locations.

Haven't seen a Jack and Sally update. Are they permenantly up front, inside, now?

Did just find one, so, is that permenant for the rest of the event? Anyone know if there are now 2 pairs?
Yes, it’s a permanent move. I’ve been wondering about multiple sets myself. Hard to tell without a lot of data on wait times yet in the new location, but would certainly make sense!

Headed to MNSSHP on the 28th. Trying to get my party plan together. The only characters we want to meet are Minnie, Donald/Daisy, and hopefully Mickey later in the evening. Anyone have experiences meeting any of those?

Thinking of getting in line for Minnie around 6:25p in hopes to be one of the first few families to meet her.

Then hop over to Donald/Daisy (any experience with their wait times doing that). We don't want the M&G to eat into our party time too much or maybe there's a better time to meet them? TIA :)

It was reported short line for them after fireworks.

Headed to MNSSHP on the 28th. Trying to get my party plan together. The only characters we want to meet are Minnie, Donald/Daisy, and hopefully Mickey later in the evening. Anyone have experiences meeting any of those?

Thinking of getting in line for Minnie around 6:25p in hopes to be one of the first few families to meet her.

Then hop over to Donald/Daisy (any experience with their wait times doing that). We don't want the M&G to eat into our party time too much or maybe there's a better time to meet them? TIA :)
We met Stitch @ 6:39 on 10/4. Then walked over and got in the line for Donald and Daisy. They hadn't started meeting yet. Met them @ 7:18 (first set). We then headed to Minnie's line and met her at 7:56 (2nd set?).

We met Mickey @ 11:27 after about a 10-15 minute wait.

Hope that helps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!