"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

Rain at about 8 so no horseman, no dancing in parade, no sparks from gravediggers. Stupid rain.
Hi...is this from the party this past Monday? I missed the headless horseman before the 11:15 parade and wasn't sure if we arrived too late or if they didn't do it cuz the street was wet.

Anyone who has done the dessert Party recently (that received the parade viewing) - what time are they allowing you in for desserts? Still trying to decide which parade we want to shoot for. Thanks!

I'm very interested in this as well... at some of the first parties 8:30/8:45 seemed to be the early time you could get into the dessert party. I'm wondering if that is still true? Anyone attend a recent dessert party?

We went to the dessert party last Friday (10-5), and did not have parade viewing but people who did were not let into the party any earlier. We checked in at 4:10- in retrospect that was a mistake. When we went back at 8:45 (I think garden viewing is still 8:30), which is when people with the terrace viewing were allowed back for desserts, and we still had to wait in line to re-check in even though we had our lanyards. We were not given the option of reserving a table at 4:10.

We ate desserts for 15 minutes or so (I'd say 8:50-9:05), and left to go find a spot to view the parade. At that point, the people who had parade viewing were congregating at the check in area and waiting for a cast member to walk them to the viewing space. We turned left on Main Street and easily found a spot next to a few trash cans in front of the bakery. There were two rows of people in front of us sitting, so DD in her stroller and me standing could see perfectly behind them. When the parade ended, I even had time to shop for some party merch at the Emporium before heading back to Tommorowland Terrace and grabbing another plate of treats to eat during the fireworks.

The desserts were fun - not great (DD actually didn't like most of them), but having a comfortable place to sit and watch the fireworks was wonderful!! Enjoy!! :)

We went to the dessert party last Friday (10-5), and did not have parade viewing but people who did were not let into the party any earlier. We checked in at 4:10- in retrospect that was a mistake. When we went back at 8:45 (I think garden viewing is still 8:30), which is when people with the terrace viewing were allowed back for desserts, and we still had to wait in line to re-check in even though we had our lanyards. We were not given the option of reserving a table at 4:10.

We ate desserts for 15 minutes or so (I'd say 8:50-9:05), and left to go find a spot to view the parade. At that point, the people who had parade viewing were congregating at the check in area and waiting for a cast member to walk them to the viewing space. We turned left on Main Street and easily found a spot next to a few trash cans in front of the bakery. There were two rows of people in front of us sitting, so DD in her stroller and me standing could see perfectly behind them. When the parade ended, I even had time to shop for some party merch at the Emporium before heading back to Tommorowland Terrace and grabbing another plate of treats to eat during the fireworks.

The desserts were fun - not great (DD actually didn't like most of them), but having a comfortable place to sit and watch the fireworks was wonderful!! Enjoy!! :)
Thank you!! This is great information - appreciate the detail!!

They came out around 4:40ish! Also, since they’re in a room, you can’t see them come out or even see them until they take like 15 people to the room and it’s your turn to meet them. They are well hidden!
Is the line inside? We are heading to Mk in an hour and half or so. TIA

I'm sad to see a lot of people had bad experiences with the Halloween party. We went Sunday 9/30 and it was the highlight of our trip. However, we have never been to the Halloween party before and the youngest that was with our party is 19 so, we were all adults. We had already agreed beforehand that we were not spending a lot of time on characters. Even though the other 6 days we were there we got as many pictures as possible with characters we didn't want to spend party time standing in line for characters.

So, i know this has been a topic about fastpasses and here is my experience. I made all our other fastpasses for the days we were there first. We stay at our timeshare off property so 30 days out getting up every morning at 6:50 to log on. The day of our party we were only doing the party so, not using another ticket to get in. I went back and got 3 fastpasses:
3:30-4:30-jungle cruise
4:30-5:30-buzz
5:30-6-pooh
After i booked the last one i got a message that popped up and said congratulations you have booked all your fastpasses for your entire stay. I kept watching and making sure they weren't going to take them back.

We were supposed to be there to get in line at 3:30 but my family can never be on time so, we were getting off the monorail at 3:50 in magic kingdom. They had not started letting people in yet. We stood there up until about 3 minutes til 4 where i got lots of complaints on why i picked a black shirt to stand out in the heat with and blah, blah, blah. They finally started letting people in but i swear everytime we get up there a family or 2 in front of us has 10 kids and doesn't know which card goes with which kid and they stand there trying everyone until a fingerprint matches. I really thought they were the names on there for you but it happened in epcot, the night of the Halloween party, and another day at magic kingdom. Finally, we made it through at 4:15. Got our wrist bands which was a a crazy unorganized mess of people just running everywhere.

I knew i had a grace period until 4:45 for our first fastpass but we still needed to hustle. All the masses of people were going toward the bypass so went left and down main street to adventure land to jungle cruise. We got there at 4:35.

After jungle cruise we went back to the by pass. There were no longer a mass of people going toward it. We entered the bypass but didn't get the pictures with the frames because they were right in the sun and i had already heard enough complaining. We did stop at the big pumpkin because it was in the shade. We then picked up our treat bags and starter pack of candy.

We then headed to our second fastpass which was buzz. After buzz we did people mover. Then we stopped and got a candy corn milkshake. Which i thought was ok but everyone else thought was nasty. We then stopped at every store we could to try to find a draw string bag to put candy in since we forgot ours in the room. Even though we had seen a bunch the night before we could never find another one and wound up just getting an official party candy bag.

We then hit our last fastpass of pooh. Then headed toward the emporium for Halloween merch. You have to stand in line to get into the Halloween section because they only allow so many people at a time in that very very small section. I got a t-shirt.

We then headed toward splash and thunder mountain. We heard the official party announcement while walking that way. We waited maybe 5 minutes for both splash and thunder mountain. We went to the splash tot trail which wasn't long and got maybe 3-4 pieces each. I tried to tell my group to wait until later but they didn't listen.

After that we hit up pecos bills where we got a hamburger and chips to share. I was going to try the hades nachos but didn't feel like spending $13 on them. We then hit up the country bear jamboree tot trail and the one in liberty square. We then rode small world and took a potty break. We then got the latern shot at haunted mansion and i saw another photographer standing down the way with no one taking photos or in line. I asked what picture she was doing and she said hitchhiking ghost so, we got that one as well.

By then we needed a break and a drink so we walked back to liberty square and got a drink right near the flag poles. They had started putting the ropes up for the parade. Right in front of the river boat there is a place you can put your arms and hands and take a picture. Right next to it is a rock wall planter. We sat on the wall and our kids sat on the ground right behind the rope so no one could get between us and block our view. By this time it was 8:40. Headless horseman rode right at 9:10 coming from fronteirland. After the parade everyone followed the parade toward the hub. We went the opposite way and cut through the restrooms into adventure land. Then to the hub where we saw the end of the parade again.

We stood on the side wall and watched the fireworks. Then headed straight to space mountain. The wait said 20 minutes. Right as we got up to the entrance a cast member stopped us and let about 6 people in front of us and then said "if you have a das pass go to the left of you do not go to the right" so, i know it's been reported that das isn't available at the party but it was at the one we went too.

After that we hit us tot at rays. We saw cruella walking through near the tea cups. Then we got in line for 7dmt where it said 30 minutes. We waited about 20. After that we went to Philharmonic tot where we didn't wait at all and there is 2 stops in there and they gave us 2 handfuls each. Then we went to pinnochios and tot then back to Philharmonic where they just topped our bags off all the way up.

We got our spot for the midnight hocus pocus show at about 11:50. We weren't too far back. It was a good show and the only show my husband made a comment about being good. We stopped at the bakery on the way out and got the not so poisonous cupcake and pumpkin cheesecake roll. They do not have to go containers but they put them in a bowl and then a bag and you can carry them out that way. Both were delicious. We stopped at 12:45 and got our HH photo and got back to our condo around 1:30.

Sorry this is so much.

I'm sad to see a lot of people had bad experiences with the Halloween party. We went Sunday 9/30 and it was the highlight of our trip. However, we have never been to the Halloween party before and the youngest that was with our party is 19 so, we were all adults. We had already agreed beforehand that we were not spending a lot of time on characters. Even though the other 6 days we were there we got as many pictures as possible with characters we didn't want to spend party time standing in line for characters.

So, i know this has been a topic about fastpasses and here is my experience. I made all our other fastpasses for the days we were there first. We stay at our timeshare off property so 30 days out getting up every morning at 6:50 to log on. The day of our party we were only doing the party so, not using another ticket to get in. I went back and got 3 fastpasses:
3:30-4:30-jungle cruise
4:30-5:30-buzz
5:30-6-pooh
After i booked the last one i got a message that popped up and said congratulations you have booked all your fastpasses for your entire stay. I kept watching and making sure they weren't going to take them back.

We were supposed to be there to get in line at 3:30 but my family can never be on time so, we were getting off the monorail at 3:50 in magic kingdom. They had not started letting people in yet. We stood there up until about 3 minutes til 4 where i got lots of complaints on why i picked a black shirt to stand out in the heat with and blah, blah, blah. They finally started letting people in but i swear everytime we get up there a family or 2 in front of us has 10 kids and doesn't know which card goes with which kid and they stand there trying everyone until a fingerprint matches. I really thought they were the names on there for you but it happened in epcot, the night of the Halloween party, and another day at magic kingdom. Finally, we made it through at 4:15. Got our wrist bands which was a a crazy unorganized mess of people just running everywhere.

I knew i had a grace period until 4:45 for our first fastpass but we still needed to hustle. All the masses of people were going toward the bypass so went left and down main street to adventure land to jungle cruise. We got there at 4:35.

After jungle cruise we went back to the by pass. There were no longer a mass of people going toward it. We entered the bypass but didn't get the pictures with the frames because they were right in the sun and i had already heard enough complaining. We did stop at the big pumpkin because it was in the shade. We then picked up our treat bags and starter pack of candy.

We then headed to our second fastpass which was buzz. After buzz we did people mover. Then we stopped and got a candy corn milkshake. Which i thought was ok but everyone else thought was nasty. We then stopped at every store we could to try to find a draw string bag to put candy in since we forgot ours in the room. Even though we had seen a bunch the night before we could never find another one and wound up just getting an official party candy bag.

We then hit our last fastpass of pooh. Then headed toward the emporium for Halloween merch. You have to stand in line to get into the Halloween section because they only allow so many people at a time in that very very small section. I got a t-shirt.

We then headed toward splash and thunder mountain. We heard the official party announcement while walking that way. We waited maybe 5 minutes for both splash and thunder mountain. We went to the splash tot trail which wasn't long and got maybe 3-4 pieces each. I tried to tell my group to wait until later but they didn't listen.

After that we hit up pecos bills where we got a hamburger and chips to share. I was going to try the hades nachos but didn't feel like spending $13 on them. We then hit up the country bear jamboree tot trail and the one in liberty square. We then rode small world and took a potty break. We then got the latern shot at haunted mansion and i saw another photographer standing down the way with no one taking photos or in line. I asked what picture she was doing and she said hitchhiking ghost so, we got that one as well.

By then we needed a break and a drink so we walked back to liberty square and got a drink right near the flag poles. They had started putting the ropes up for the parade. Right in front of the river boat there is a place you can put your arms and hands and take a picture. Right next to it is a rock wall planter. We sat on the wall and our kids sat on the ground right behind the rope so no one could get between us and block our view. By this time it was 8:40. Headless horseman rode right at 9:10 coming from fronteirland. After the parade everyone followed the parade toward the hub. We went the opposite way and cut through the restrooms into adventure land. Then to the hub where we saw the end of the parade again.

We stood on the side wall and watched the fireworks. Then headed straight to space mountain. The wait said 20 minutes. Right as we got up to the entrance a cast member stopped us and let about 6 people in front of us and then said "if you have a das pass go to the left of you do not go to the right" so, i know it's been reported that das isn't available at the party but it was at the one we went too.

After that we hit us tot at rays. We saw cruella walking through near the tea cups. Then we got in line for 7dmt where it said 30 minutes. We waited about 20. After that we went to Philharmonic tot where we didn't wait at all and there is 2 stops in there and they gave us 2 handfuls each. Then we went to pinnochios and tot then back to Philharmonic where they just topped our bags off all the way up.

We got our spot for the midnight hocus pocus show at about 11:50. We weren't too far back. It was a good show and the only show my husband made a comment about being good. We stopped at the bakery on the way out and got the not so poisonous cupcake and pumpkin cheesecake roll. They do not have to go containers but they put them in a bowl and then a bag and you can carry them out that way. Both were delicious. We stopped at 12:45 and got our HH photo and got back to our condo around 1:30.

Sorry this is so much.
Great report! I love how detailed you were. It makes me excited and hopeful for our parties.

Entered at 3:45 and went through bypass.
Met Peter Pan, rode Peter Pan’s Flight, got Peter Pan & Maleficent ice cream at Storybook Treats, rode HM with FP and got photo outside, rode Jungle Cruise with FP and in line for Moana at 5:40.
So far sticking to my plan!
Praying DS naps in this Moana line in his stroller because I can tell he needs one. Not sure I’ll be that lucky...

I know conventional wisdom says to catch the midnight Hocus Pocus show, but if you're not sure the little one will make it, are any of the earlier times better than the others? I assume they're all linked with a parade or fireworks in some way, but which should we shoot for?

I think about 90% of our party priorities take place between Adventureland and the Haunted Mansion. Just a random fun fact.

If your a follower of Disney vlogger Tiffany Mink (formerly of thingamavlogs) she and her sister are there dressed as the donut cops from wreck it Ralph

Has anyone been able to watch the parade from the railing at the train station this year? I’m thinking my kids would like that elevated view best. I’ve heard that space is occasionally blocked off for FoF but haven’t heard anything from this year’s Halloween parties. Just wondering if those spaces are attainable and how early we would need to arrive there for the 9:15 parade. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!