"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

Does anyone have a link for the rumored party dates? I heard Kenny the Pirate had a list but can't find them on his blog. I mostly want to speculate and day dream. :cool1:

We're planning on the Aug 28 party (if they have one). The last time we went to MNSSHP was 2015 and it was pretty much rained out, so it will be like our first time.

I'm thinking of doing a Haunted Mansion themed costume, and have my ears picked out on Etsy but don't know where to go from there. My plan was more Disney bounding than actual costume, any and all ideas are welcome!!

The discussion there is about this, the more I will lean and figure out a way to make it happen.

i need to convince myself that I can go and NOT visit the parks........

I did this last year (kind of). We went for a week and stayed at All Star Sports. I worked remotely during the day, then at night we did Halloween Horror Nights at Universal, one MNSSHP, the Headless Horseman event and character hunting at the resorts. It was great.

Is anyone thinking parties will be done on Halloween this year, since there's a race weekend beginning immediately after? Pretty much no buffer this year.

https://www.rundisney.com/wine-and-dine-half-marathon/

There is no way they wouldn't do a party on Halloween night. I know RunDisney is it's own department, I don't think there is any way the parks department would give up an extra revenue stream for the races.

Way too early touring question, but in which order should we visit the following 3 M&Gs based on how quickly lines have built in the past?

Moana
7 Dwarves
Lotso

The tentative plan is to visit just a few characters and then spend the rest of the evening doing rides/shows. Thanks!

Lotso during a parade, 7 dwarves around 11 and Moana at 4, assuming she is even there and out early again.

Thanks all. We may have to make a decision between Moana and the 7 Dwarves. I really don't want to spend several hours waiting in line. We are only going for the one night so we want to do as much as we can.

If it helps, the dwarves TYPICALLY don't have great interactions (and I say that in caps because some people have had good interactions, but mostly it's more of a hug and shove). Moana talks so there is the opportunity for a much better interaction.

Does anyone have a link for the rumored party dates? I heard Kenny the Pirate had a list but can't find them on his blog. I mostly want to speculate and day dream. :cool1:

I would just look at the dates from previous years, then wait until Disney releases the calendar and see what days MK closes early.

So far my calendar for WDW is showing hours up thru August 20. August 17 shows a closing at 6, so that could be the first party.

If it helps, the dwarves TYPICALLY don't have great interactions (and I say that in caps because some people have had good interactions, but mostly it's more of a hug and shove). Moana talks so there is the opportunity for a much better interaction.

It does help, thanks!

Thanks for getting this started @monique5!!

Already in costume planning mode here - starting to order pieces and ready to begin crafting!

We will be in WDW 10/31-11/4 and plan on attending the last party, whenever that falls! Anxious for the dates to be released!!!!

So glad to read this, my husband thought I was (more) out of my mind when things started arriving and I told him it was for our (DS7 & my own) Halloween costumes!! I am letting him off the hook, it will be his evening to relax.

There is no way they wouldn't do a party on Halloween night. I know RunDisney is it's own department, I don't think there is any way the parks department would give up an extra revenue stream for the races.

Haha yeah I re-read that a minute ago and edited. I completely didn't type it right. I meant only that the LAST party would be on Halloween. No way in the world would they do MNSSHP NOT on Halloween night. Just was wondering if anyone had speculated about it being the final party, whereas (at least in 2017) there was a party 11/1 as well. ;) Thank you for catching that !

I'm wondering...is the party "worth it" if there is zero interest in character meets? It seems as though so many people post about rare characters but none of us are into meet&greets. Subjective question, I know but does anyone else go and just skip all the characters?

I'm wondering...is the party "worth it" if there is zero interest in character meets? It seems as though so many people post about rare characters but none of us are into meet&greets. Subjective question, I know but does anyone else go and just skip all the characters?

Yes! I have 3 kids (12, 9, 6) and We have no interest in spending hours waiting for various characters, however, we LOVE the party and the parade! The kids get to dress up and do the trick or treating. We do the early parade and then start hitting some rides as the fireworks are going off. In the past, this is when we have hit Tomorrowland with minimal waits. To us, it’s worth it.

Last edited:
I did this last year (kind of). We went for a week and stayed at All Star Sports. I worked remotely during the day, then at night we did Halloween Horror Nights at Universal, one MNSSHP, the Headless Horseman event and character hunting at the resorts. It was great.

Can you tell me about the Headless Horseman event? In my fantasy world, we do MNSSHP Day 1, the Headless Horseman event Day 2, and a 2nd party Day 3 before hopping over to Universal.

I think it depends on your interest in Halloween. There are multiple stage shows, including one with the Sanderson Sisters from Hocus Pocus. If you like that movie, it is a must see. It also incorporates Disney villains.

There is lots of trick or treating. If you want to get candy, you could get bags and bags of it. And it isn't all the cheap stuff, there is brand name candy and chocolate. I like the fact that adults can trick or treat as well, with no judgement.

You can wear a costume. If costumes are your thing, this is the only time that adults can wear a costume to a Disney park.

The fireworks are really great. Now yes, you can view those from the Poly beach or numerous other places, but there are some spectacular 180 degree fireworks that go off all around you if you are in the hub, which is a really neat experience.

Ride lines are also 10 minutes or less, except for Peter Pan and 7DMT and maybe Space, which will be around 20 or 30.

Can you tell me about the Headless Horseman event? In my fantasy world, we do MNSSHP Day 1, the Headless Horseman event Day 2, and a 2nd party Day 3 before hopping over to Universal.

Good plan. That is kind of what I did last year and it was the best Halloween ever. One MNSSHP, the headless horseman event, WDW resort character hunt on Halloween night, then got the multi day pass for HHN for about $110 and was able to attend 4 parties.

Book early for this event, it sold out last year and was very popular and well received so I think it will sell out quickly this year.

It is at Fort Wilderness. They have a movie screen and chairs set up in the stables...so you get to watch the Headless Horseman cartoon with the Disney horses in their stalls all around you.

There were two different levels of tickets depending on price. The Deluxe or VIP or whatever they called them get the first few rows of chairs, and a super large bag of candy. We had regular peasant tickets, these still got us a good seat, a large bag of popcorn (one you would buy in the grocery store of which there were several different flavors, like kettle corn, cheddar and so forth), and a small bag of Halloween candy like you'd get at MNSSHP. However, the CMs there all told us to take as much candy as we wanted.

After the movie you get a picture with the headless horseman in a special location.

I have a report written on the experience on last year's thread....let me see if I can find it.

Haha yeah I re-read that a minute ago and edited. I completely didn't type it right. I meant only that the LAST party would be on Halloween. No way in the world would they do MNSSHP NOT on Halloween night. Just was wondering if anyone had speculated about it being the final party, whereas (at least in 2017) there was a party 11/1 as well. ;) Thank you for catching that !

I dunno. I see what you are saying about the race weekend, but I don't think any of the wine and dine races go into the MK (I might be wrong, haven't ran any since they went to morning from night).

I'm going to go out and say there will be a Nov 1 party (Wednesday is Halloween and Thursday is Nov 1, in case anyone wanted to take that into calculation), just because there usually is.

I hope they repeat this event again! We loved it. We did the VIP seating mostly because we wanted the pin lol

Ah you got a pin? Nice. I actually thought both of the prices were very reasonable, for regular and VIP. Which means they're going to be jacked way up for this coming year.

But I'd still do it again.

I'm probably monopolizing this thread but I'm excited it's back.

I decided to list some costume ideas based on Disney IPs which have just or will be coming out before October:

-Coco (day of the dead costumes would be amazing...is it culturally insensitive to dress up like if I'm from the US?)
-the new Zombie movie from the Disney channel
-Wrinkle in Time
-Incredibles 2
-Live action Mulan
-Wreck it Ralph 2
-Han Solo
-Mary Poppins 2 (which comes out in December)
-Black Panther
-Avengers 3 (so any Marvel super hero will be in style)

I dunno. I see what you are saying about the race weekend, but I don't think any of the wine and dine races go into the MK (I might be wrong, haven't ran any since they went to morning from night).

I'm going to go out and say there will be a Nov 1 party (Wednesday is Halloween and Thursday is Nov 1, in case anyone wanted to take that into calculation), just because there usually is.

Ah you got a pin? Nice. I actually thought both of the prices were very reasonable, for regular and VIP. Which means they're going to be jacked way up for this coming year.

But I'd still do it again.

They were very reasonable last year. And yes I'm sure it'll be like double this year lol. I would do it again too.

With the starting dates moving back a week or two each of the past few years, any chance they might offer it during my Birthday trip (August 11-19)?

(EDIT)

Hoping August 17 is the first party so we can actually get to go to a Halloween Party this time!

That's my Animal Kingdom Day, so that would be perfect. I can do AK, grab a late Lunch, and hit MNSSHP that night.

Last edited:
I'm excited for this too, for our late September trip!

Coming from Australia, I'm wondering is there anywhere within or close-by to WDW that you can buy costumes? There won't be anything available at home before we leave for our trip. TIA.
We think we are going to try Disney Bounding for MNSSHP - a good alternative for the HEAT of August! Daughters are already brainstorming ideas! http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/...for-disney-lovers_us_59e5185ce4b02a215b325a30

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter