Official 2018 HHN-28 Thread

I have a newbie question, does this affect other times in the parks? We are going for our first time and obviously need to be able to cram as much in as possible in the one day we are there. Will we be allowed to stay in the park or do you have to leave when it's time for this?

Nope, out you go! IoA will likely be open a bit later than studios.

They start to check HHN tickets & issue wristbands in the restaurant after 4 pm, preparing to sweep the crowds out the door.

They usher those staying & screaming into the holding pens & won’t open houses until all day guests are cleared.

I’ve marveled at the stragglers I see being herded out well after 6 pm when in pen near simpsons area after. Going to guess they were in line for MIB :confused3. However, it’s my understanding that they won’t open up any of the houses early until all day guests are out.

All of the universal podcasts are making me really nervous about the RoF/FF options... i don’t even know what I’m going to do to change up my plans if for some reason they’re not available...

Ticket and pass information will be released by UO in due time.

Most years the tickets, tours, hhn passes, etc are released in different time periods.
All will be known in complete form sometime in June.

The special ticket sale of bogof ends early June.
I do hope past seasonal type of hhn passes for the entire event comes out before the bogo sale is over.

Would help me decide which was is more economical for me this year.

Worse case senario for me is to buy the S-Fri sale price tickets and express separate.

No matter how it turns out, I will be doing HHN during my time period there.

Ticket and pass information will be released by UO in due time.

Most years the tickets, tours, hhn passes, etc are released in different time periods.
All will be known in complete form sometime in June.

The special ticket sale of bogof ends early June.
I do hope past seasonal type of hhn passes for the entire event comes out before the bogo sale is over.

Would help me decide which was is more economical for me this year.

Worse case senario for me is to buy the S-Fri sale price tickets and express separate.

No matter how it turns out, I will be doing HHN during my time period there.
Same here. We’re definitely going. We might have to rethink our touring plans and figure out what we want to do if we go for less nights.

I plan to do 7 nights and get a couple of tours in also.
The FF plus EP pass of past years works for me

If they have it without the ep this season, I'm best off doing the bogof for ticket needs.
And then go with ep for the nights I won't be booking tours.

So either way, I'll be doing hhn no matter what it costs.
I throw the budget out the window for this event each year.

We are most likely going 9/14 and 9/15. Bogo wont work for us. Do they ever have 2 night deals?

Nope, out you go! IoA will likely be open a bit later than studios.

They start to check HHN tickets & issue wristbands in the restaurant after 4 pm, preparing to sweep the crowds out the door.

They usher those staying & screaming into the holding pens & won’t open houses until all day guests are cleared.

I’ve marveled at the stragglers I see being herded out well after 6 pm when in pen near simpsons area after. Going to guess they were in line for MIB :confused3. However, it’s my understanding that they won’t open up any of the houses early until all day guests are out.

I broke down and called an Universal Rep and she said pretty much the same thing. Since we're only there one day, she said do Studios in the morning and head to Island in the afternoon. Best way to get everything out of both parks.

I plan to do 7 nights and get a couple of tours in also.
The FF plus EP pass of past years works for me

If they have it without the ep this season, I'm best off doing the bogof for ticket needs.
And then go with ep for the nights I won't be booking tours.

So either way, I'll be doing hhn no matter what it costs.
I throw the budget out the window for this event each year.

I expect no less lol

Really hoping they announce FF/RoF, etc. well before they close the window for the BOGO tix.

Does anyone know if you book their hhn hotel/ticket package right now, can you add on RIP tour later?
Still trying to decide whether to commit to the RIP cost, but I would feel better if the option was open after we booked and paid for the rest.

Does anyone know if you book their hhn hotel/ticket package right now, can you add on RIP tour later?
Still trying to decide whether to commit to the RIP cost, but I would feel better if the option was open after we booked and paid for the rest.

Yes

Rip public and private tours are separate bookings

It is an additional charge and no connection to any hhn package you book

Interested in seeing what shows they'll have this year. I'm hoping Academy of Villians is back and I'm sure they will be.. But I'm hoping for another show now that Bill and Ted is gone.

Really wish they'd somehow bring back the Rocky Horror show

Hopefully whatever show(s) they come up with eat up crowds. I'd love to see them use the Horror Makeup theater for something during HHN. That, and/or the Animal Actors theater. Anything that helps pull crowds away from the houses.

There's nothing really stopping them from doing a Bill and Ted-style show, without using Bill and Ted - who weren't critical to the 'story' anyway.

D0A27247-694D-48DA-97AA-6327C5A7CF61.jpeg
Hopefully whatever show(s) they come up with eat up crowds. I'd love to see them use the Horror Makeup theater for something during HHN. That, and/or the Animal Actors theater. Anything that helps pull crowds away from the houses.

There's nothing really stopping them from doing a Bill and Ted-style show, without using Bill and Ted - who weren't critical to the 'story' anyway.
I (& those two excellent dudes above) beg to differ:cool2:.

A replacement show is a good idea re crowd flow but IMO it’s more about not wanting to pay $$$ for the actors/technicians who I assume get at least scale salary. No idea what they pay the scare-actors or the dance troupe, but whatever it is, going to guess it’s far more cost effective

View attachment 317190 I (& those two excellent dudes above) beg to differ:cool2:.

A replacement show is a good idea re crowd flow but IMO it’s more about not wanting to pay $$$ for the actors/technicians who I assume get at least scale salary. No idea what they pay the scare-actors or the dance troupe, but whatever it is, going to guess it’s far more cost effective
You're probably right about the pay part.

I only saw the show in person once... and hated it. I really wanted that time back. When we got home, I watched other 'seasons' on YouTube and wished I would have watched them before we went so I would have known to skip it. ;) It wasn't for me, but I was happy for those who liked it... and I was happy they were out of the house lines while they were in that theater. ;)

I think, if it didn't say "Bill and Ted" in the title, most of the audience wouldn't have known it was a "Bill and Ted" show - other characters had a much bigger role.

I guess we'll see what shows they add this year - I figured the B&T license was up and they see a need to renew it. Who knows.

You're probably right about the pay part.

I only saw the show in person once... and hated it. I really wanted that time back. When we got home, I watched other 'seasons' on YouTube and wished I would have watched them before we went so I would have known to skip it. ;) It wasn't for me, but I was happy for those who liked it... and I was happy they were out of the house lines while they were in that theater. ;)

I think, if it didn't say "Bill and Ted" in the title, most of the audience wouldn't have known it was a "Bill and Ted" show - other characters had a much bigger role.

I guess we'll see what shows they add this year - I figured the B&T license was up and they see a need to renew it. Who knows.

The show & characters are iconic, dare I say beloved :goodvibesto many who remember the movies. Perennial must-do for many repeat visitors/HHNs core audience, who have enjoyed the show over it’s long run - a quarter century+.

Argueably, the quality had dropped the last few years, yet I always enjoyed the show. As with most live experiences you could get a different show every time

Still miss RHPS, not a fan of Villans. Something for everyone i keep telling myself, things change, hopefully, for the better.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/trav...l-last-bill-ted-halloween-20170920-story.html

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter