Official 2018 HHN-28 Thread

Select the 3 lines on the top left. HHN (spelled out) is one of the choices. It will then list wait times for the attractions and houses, but some of the houses aren't listing times:confused3

EDIT: Select the Houses & More tab too.
EDIT2: There's also a wait time alert setting if you select the house.

I dunno, I did the houses and more and I see attraction wait times and aov show times but no house wait times.

Just saw on Facebook someone is reporting they have $30 cups that you can buy if you have a frequent fear pass that'll get you free refills at the freestyle machines and icees until November 5th, during hhn and during the day.

I saw that too, and that's a pretty good deal, although I thought I saw someone say that it cannot be used during the day. I think the Freestyle cups at HHN last year were around $15/night, so if you're going 3+ nights, it's worth it. I just wish they'd fill it up with beer :drinking1

Also reports of the crowd was around 35k, I remember someone did a report on the dis about the crowds and lack of control at the Fallout Boy concert which was ?40k? people. Seems it was larger than usual crowd.

I saw one of the bloggers who blogs from Universal at least once a week say it was officially sold out - so for the first night that is pretty big

So one question I have - if it is that busy is it possible they might stop selling ROF this year or ROF with EP?

I read that but it was incorrect info
On another site it was stated it was not a sellout

There have been 40,000 in the park during the day and that is not a sell out

I read that but it was incorrect info
On another site it was stated it was not a sellout

There have been 40,000 in the park during the day and that is not a sell out
Thanks - I assumed they had some sort of artificial limit that was considered a sellout to keep it reasonable - I think there is some lower limit to the Disney Halloween party for example.

We have gone two nights in a row now and tonight is our last night. No express pass and no early entry. Have done 8 houses so far - still need to do Blumhouse and Stranger Things. Wondering what people’s experience has been with Stranger Things wait times - whether to do it first or last. We left at 10 last night and posted wait time was 70 minutes (less than the night before at that time). Let me know your thoughts or suggestions.

My two cents on the houses - Poltergeist was very dark such that you couldn’t see and it had lots of strobes. Made it my least favorite house so far.

Loved seeds of extinction and Halloween 4 - both had great themes and LOTS of scares.

And I must say that Scary Tales was awesome. Not a ton of scares but the set and theming were so well done.

We have gone two nights in a row now and tonight is our last night. No express pass and no early entry. Have done 8 houses so far - still need to do Blumhouse and Stranger Things. Wondering what people’s experience has been with Stranger Things wait times - whether to do it first or last. We left at 10 last night and posted wait time was 70 minutes (less than the night before at that time). Let me know your thoughts or suggestions.

My two cents on the houses - Poltergeist was very dark such that you couldn’t see and it had lots of strobes. Made it my least favorite house so far.

Loved seeds of extinction and Halloween 4 - both had great themes and LOTS of scares.

And I must say that Scary Tales was awesome. Not a ton of scares but the set and theming were so well done.

thanks - just wondering - did you do Poltergeist while it was still light out? I did one of the houses very early in the day last year (scarecrow maybe) and i could not see anything as my eyes were not adjusted - I did the same house another night and could see and it was very good - so sounds like I want to keep that in mind

thanks - just wondering - did you do Poltergeist while it was still light out? I did one of the houses very early in the day last year (scarecrow maybe) and i could not see anything as my eyes were not adjusted - I did the same house another night and could see and it was very good - so sounds like I want to keep that in mind
Maybe that was it. But the house itself does not start out dark. And I will say that even by the end of the house it was still dark. May try it when it is dark out. Thanks!

Still looking for advice on the last two houses we need to hit - stranger things and blumhouse. Which one first?

Last edited:
I spent all night last night watching Twitter and IG feeds from people at the event. General consensus was that UNI knocked it out of the park with the theming in every house/maze and scare zone. Even the houses that weren't particularly scary were worth it to walk through for the theming and set design. Reviews on Dead Exposure were very mixed, some people thought it was the scariest of the night, others complained that it was too dark and crowded, and that the strobe lights bothered them. Slaughter Sinema seemed to have consistently been one of the overall winners of the night, all things considered. Nothing but rave reviews. People also said Scary Tales was not scary, and neither was Stranger Things, so I'm wondering if both were thrown in to accommodate the younger crowd they seem to have attracted. I saw lots and LOTS of teens and pre-teens in pics and video. 90% of the tweets and IG stories were from people who all claimed to be having the time of their lives, many saying that this is the best HHN they've ever attended. There were definitely 10%, however, who seemed to not be having a good time. Lots of complaints about crowds and wait time, and several complaints that they sold too many express passes, because the express lines were too long in comparison to stand by wait times.

We'll be there October 24th. I CAN'T WAIT!!! All of the reviews have me so excited to see this in person.

Could be a fair share of young first timers who are in awe, not exactly able to compare to prior years’ events let alone life experience lol

Would be nice if we all agreed after visiting tho!

@schumigirl there wereblits of comments on FB today about a screaming baby holding up an exit line at one of the houses which resulted in a 20 minute wait to Exit.

Also reports of the crowd was around 35k, I remember someone did a report on the dis about the crowds and lack of control at the Fallout Boy concert which was ?40k? people. Seems it was larger than usual crowd.

So I’m thinking RoF definitely and maybe an express after 10 one night if there’s still houses we haven’t got to. We have 4 nights so I’m hoping this works. Also have the AP early thing, and we can be in park early to get into the holding areas in plenty of time.

The reports are really getting me excited!!

That was me, my fallout boy crowd experience would make an awesomely terrifying house

They swear they learned their lesson and it appears so I’ve observed dedicated exit/egress areas and more crowd control staff at special events since

Just saw on Facebook someone is reporting they have $30 cups that you can buy if you have a frequent fear pass that'll get you free refills at the freestyle machines and icees until November 5th, during hhn and during the day.

Nice. However I was told a few years ago if I bought the special light up adult drink cup, it’d be honored the next year. No cigar but it is a cool cup

Stay and Scream question for you veterans: We are coming from out-of-town and going on Friday October 19th (no other option but that night). We have Express passes but have never done the Stay and Scream option. I know they let you out to different houses depending on which holding area you are in. Can you use the Express Pass at that point? Or is it better to save it in case you want to go back? We are trying to get through all 10 houses and we only have this one night to attend HHN.

Night 3 of my new ritual, the social media follow alongs. It's 5:30pm Orlando time. I just saw 2 pictures from 2 different people on Twitter, one of a current look at the Finnegans holding area, and one of the AP early entry people in queue for Stranger Things and Poltergeist. Good luck to anyone there early tonight, ya' gonna need it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter