"Official" 2018 Disney After Hours (DAH) Thread (Now Closed, see New 2019 Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any guesses as whether they'll add DAH dates for the fall beyond Sept. 20? I know MNSSHP is going on, but that didn't stop them from announcing the Aug. 30 and Sept. 20 dates. I assume they opted not to have DAH between those dates because of projected low crowds.

Apologies if this has been asked already, but are you allowed to book fast passes on the DAH ticket? And, if so, if you already have another hopper ticket for the day, I’m assuming you cannot book three fast passes on your normal ticket for the morning and then another three on the event ticket for the evening. Is that correct?

Did DAH on Sat 7/14 and I could not have loved it more! Quick run down of my night...
  • We ate a small dinner a little before and each enjoyed three drinks, an ice cream thing, and popcorn. I felt like each of us would have bordered on $20 worth of eats.
  • We were hardcore riders. We did do longer rides before DAH started so we didn't eat into that time and we freed ourselves from having to ride everything. So, we skipped things we didn't have large feelings about in lieu of riding our favorites multiple times.
  • To that end, we burned just a little bit of time on the very front end doing Dumbo and Under the Sea (x2 because it's my favorite) and then headed to Space Mountain.
  • I was worried that Space might have a residual line from park close but it really didn't so we pretty much walked right on. We knew we were going again and even though I was hip to the shortcut, we accidentally exited and had to walk all the way around again. Ugh. Then we rode it SIX more times - thank goodness for the shortcut. I did tuck my lanyard in my shirt since it felt risky otherwise.
  • We went on Buzz a couple times (not exiting) and then head over for some ice cream and drinks as we headed to Fantasyland.
  • We rode Mine Train after a short wait and were going to head back on it but there was some delay on our ride and a longer line had formed.
  • We hit up Peter Pan a couple times (where you had to exit...) and then headed towards Big Thunder
  • Rode BTMR a couple times (all the way through the standard queue) and grabbed popcorn and drinks for the walk out and ride back to hotel
Cast Members were super cheerful. It felt like such a special, insider experience to walk up to our favorite rides and hear..."pick a row, any row". It didn't feel as empty as some have said and we just loved it!!

PeopleMover is actually a bit creepy with no one around. I got stuck on PM for close to 30 mins during a MNSSHP one time. All I could think was "please don't happen again." :-)

I love PeopleMover, and have done it day, night, empty, full, facing forward, facing backward, and with the lights on inside Space Mountain. But reading your post made me realize that I have always been with someone else in my ride vehicle, even with the rest of the ride empty. I bet being by yourself on an empty train just adds a whole new level of excitement.

Maybe someone can educate me here. Every once in awhile they'd play some special music in the hub and the castle lights would dance around/change colors to the beat. They were generally classic Disney songs. It wasn't the Kiss Goodnight, it was more upbeat stuff, and it was short 1-3 minute stints. Do these little songs/moments have a name? Might be showing my MK ignorance with that question.

I am just reposting this because I too have been curious about this.

Apologies if this has been asked already, but are you allowed to book fast passes on the DAH ticket? And, if so, if you already have another hopper ticket for the day, I’m assuming you cannot book three fast passes on your normal ticket for the morning and then another three on the event ticket for the evening. Is that correct?
You can book FPS with your dah ticket but it’s possible that your other FPS might be deleted. Some people have been okay and others got an email saying they had to delete the FPS.

You can only book three FPS per day.

You can book FPS with your dah ticket but it’s possible that your other FPS might be deleted. Some people have been okay and others got an email saying they had to delete the FPS.

You can only book three FPS per day.

Thanks! Don’t think I’ll risk it as we have a Flight of Passage fast pass that day.

Is this all of the dates that will be? I'm going to be there December 9-17. Seems I never book times when there are special events on. I'd be interested since DVC members get a discounted ticket.

Is this all of the dates that will be? I'm going to be there December 9-17. Seems I never book times when there are special events on. I'd be interested since DVC members get a discounted ticket.
No one knows right now. This is the first time with summer dates. They could extend it and they might not.

Do you have a MB from an old trip or any sort of old ticket/admission media that is connected to your account?

If not, you need to go to the will call window with your paper ticket and they'll give you a card. You use that card to enter the park and tap for FPs.

Are the photo pass photographers available during this event? How about magic shots? Thanks! We are going 8/11/18

I’m pretty sure they don’t do magic shots at night. When we went in April we asked to get a magic shot around dusk and the photo pass guy was happy to try it but he warned us that when the lighting gets too low they won’t add anything to the picture. I guess it makes sense if everything is dark and you have the bright character added in. Disney loves to try to keep things looking “real.” Luckily the picture turned out great! It was of our dd, who turned 4 on the trip, with fairy wings!

We did DAH on July 9th and enjoyed it so much that I bought tickets for the 14th as soon as we got back to the hotel. We left on the 15th so I asked for and was granted late checkout on the 15th (we were driving). I will say Saturday was a bit more crowded than Monday but both nights were incredible. My daughter (14) and daughter-in-law (21) had a great time riding almost all the rides in the park, while I let my granddaughter (3) lead the way on which rides she wanted to ride. She LOVED it. She saw all the princesses both nights. We rode small world twice both nights, Dumbo three times each night, Peter Pan twice one night and 5 times on Saturday. We were disappointed that the Peter Pan que was closed on Saturday during the event. It was open on Monday. We waited way too long for the Speedway on Monday because they were only running 8 cars. She got to ride Astro Orbiter finally, because there was no way we would wait in that line during the day. We rode Winnie the Pooh at least 3 times each night and the teacups more times than I could count. I believe it was the best extra money I have ever spent at Disney and if given the opportunity will definitely buy tickets for every available night I am there.

We had entered the park around 6:45 each night and on Saturday met a few characters, did COP, Peoplemover, Philharmagic, and Laugh Floor before 10:00. On Monday we had a FP for Jungle Cruise, dinner at Liberty Tree, and then rode flying carpets 8 times in a row without getting off during the fireworks. It was awesome. After the fireworks we headed to Fantasyland while the older girls went to thunder and rode it twice before ten without getting off (it had been down). The park was so easy to walk through that it took no time at all to get from one place to another. The longest lines we saw was at the popcorn cart in Tomorrowland. No lines at any other carts that we saw. We saw quite a few people on Saturday being turned away at rides between 10 and 10:30. Saw a few people without lanyards hanging with people (kids) with lanyards. I found that interesting so asked one lady, who said she wasn't going to ride any rides, but bought tickets or her son and daughter and just stayed in the park with them. No one had said anything to her, but she didn't try to ride any rides or get any treats.

This might have been asked but I can't find it. If I have an AP but the rest of my group doesnt can I just get the discount for myself or can I buy multiple tickets?

I would guess no, there won't be any in Dec (too many party dates during that time of year). But, if you had asked me in March if there would be any summer dates, I would have bet $100 there wouldn't be any. So who knows! :-)

I would guess no, there won't be any in Dec (too many party dates during that time of year). But, if you had asked me in March if there would be any summer dates, I would have bet $100 there wouldn't be any. So who knows! :-)
It would be pretty awesome if they added some in October. Dh would probably be upset that we planned this last minute trip for DAH, but he'd get over it lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter