"Official" 2018 Disney After Hours (DAH) Thread (Now Closed, see New 2019 Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are looking at doing the princess half in February. Do we all think there might be an after
hours that next week? It would be February 28.

Not sure if anyone would know, but I plan to upgrade Undercovertourist tickets to an AP next February when I arrive (cant upgrade UT tickets until you are there). Would i still be able to purchase tickets at AP rate for DAH even though I hadn't upgraded yet?

Not sure if anyone would know, but I plan to upgrade Undercovertourist tickets to an AP next February when I arrive (cant upgrade UT tickets until you are there). Would i still be able to purchase tickets at AP rate for DAH even though I hadn't upgraded yet?

I ‘think’ some people reported buying at full price, subsequently getting an AP, and then going to guest relations to get the discount credit - but I’m NOT sure about that at all and could have that wrong (so don’t take my word as gospel). :-)

I did the same thing you are referencing doing. I had purchased a ticket that I planned to upgrade when I was onsite. I went ahead and purchased my DAH ticket online for full price and then went to guest relations after upgrading my ticket to an AP and they gave me a gift card with the price difference.

I did the same thing you are referencing doing. I had purchased a ticket that I planned to upgrade when I was onsite. I went ahead and purchased my DAH ticket online for full price and then went to guest relations after upgrading my ticket to an AP and they gave me a gift card with the price difference.

Great, thank you so much!

Just posting for posterity and next year I guess. We did the 3/8 DAH. It was due to be our only MK day on the trip, so I ended up using one day of an old no-expire ticket, plus the DAH ticket. We also did the desert fireworks. I shudder to think what this single day cost me. The original hope was that we would be able to enter at 4 and then get our fill in, but when that didn't pan out with this year's DAH, we just used up the extra ticket.

Anyway, we got to the park around 2:15 and did Mine Train, BTMRR, and Splash with fastpasses, and did Haunted Mansion via standby. Some other stuff too, but I don't remember. Got lanyards at Liberty Square ticket office around 7:00 and went to the desert fireworks, which was great. We milled around after the fireworks, and then headed over to Space Mountain about 8:30 and were let in through the fastpass line. We then went to the tomorrowland speedway and asked to use the fastpass line. We were initially told we had to wait until 9:00, but then he waived us through. After that, we did Small World. Got done around 9:15 and headed to Peter Pan. About a 20 minute wait. It was like everyone had the same idea.

After that, we took things pretty leisurely and just enjoyed the empty park. I can't remember exactly what we did, but we did Space at least once more. Got a Mickey Bar. Rode Mine Train. Rode Splash. We also did the frontier shooting arcade, which was open. Spent a few bucks and had it all to ourselves, which was fun. We were cold from Splash Mountain and left a little before closing after taking a bunch of pictures on Main Street.

We made a conscious decision not to run around and get as much in as possible, but instead just to take advantage of being able to be in the Magic Kingdom without a plan and completely at leisure. To each his or her own, but this really was worth it and then some for us.

Edit: dessert not desert!!!
Omygoodness, we were there the same night. I can't imagine Splash in that cold! DD bought hat and gloves she was so freezing, lol!

I was just coming here to post about the summer nights added! I'm a bit bummed though because the one night we could go on our trip is right in the middle of 2 MNSSHP that I've already booked and I don't think we can swing another really late night. Exciting though!

I got so excited to read the title update, we're going in September & would love to do this again. Unfortunately, we're there the 8 -15. Wonder why they have only the one date late in September. Doubt they'll add any more earlier September dates. I'll have to wait til next year I guess. :sad1:. Although, my first though was "wonder if DH & I can move our vacation dates at work.......,"

Just bought tickets for the Sept 20 date! For anyone wondering about that date (it shows on the blog announcement, but not on the event page on the website) there is an event that night! Held my breath and crossed my fingers through the whole call until they confirmed it. Bought the tickets since I had already been through two transfers to get to the correct person and dealt with some technical difficulties. Now to rest up for two late nights in a row!

I am going to be there during one of the weeks! I just saw this and am going to buy tickets today but need to call and confirm the date. They are showing Thursday July 20 as one of them but Thursday is the 19th. I would rather go on that Saturday since it is advertised as 4 hours instead of 3 but we are driving back the next day and I don't want to be too exhausted. It was so much fun back in January and well worth the AP price!

I am going to be there during one of the weeks! I just saw this and am going to buy tickets today but need to call and confirm the date. They are showing Thursday July 20 as one of them but Thursday is the 19th. I would rather go on that Saturday since it is advertised as 4 hours instead of 3 but we are driving back the next day and I don't want to be too exhausted. It was so much fun back in January and well worth the AP price!
I saw that too, but I think they are all 3 hours. 10-1 instead of the 9-1 that's showing on their page. Disney Parks Blog is showing 10-1.

Huh. When I follow the linked page from the blog, it doesn't list September dates.

IMG_0308.PNG

Anyone see the dates on a calendar on the website? Anything else different?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter