"Official" 2018 Disney After Hours (DAH) Thread (Now Closed, see New 2019 Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are going 2/24-2/27 and the event is not offered during those dates. Is it likely that more dates will be added as it gets closer? Is it worth the effort to keep checking?

They didn't last year (I was hoping they would) but it seems like they are adding dates to all of these special events during traditionally more busy times. I'd just keep an eye on this thread as I'm sure it will show up here and not bother to stalk Disney.

We are going 2/24-2/27 and the event is not offered during those dates. Is it likely that more dates will be added as it gets closer? Is it worth the effort to keep checking?

That's Princess Half Marathon week. I doubt very seriously they would ever offer it. They're already attracting copious amounts of people with no need to do other special events to lure more in.

I finally got around to buying our tickets. I’ve had the airfare & hotel booked for weeks but never got around to the DAH tickets. Also ordered some I’m giving my DS & DDIL as Christmas gifts. I picked home delivery because we like the hard tickets, my DH keeps them as souvenirs.

I made my ADRs for our Easter trip this morning, then ordered these this afternoon. I’m having a great Disney day! :goodvibes

I have a quick question, if the monorail and boats stop running after the park closes for normal business hours on a DAH night, what would the best way to get back to the GF be?

I have a quick question, if the monorail and boats stop running after the park closes for normal business hours on a DAH night, what would the best way to get back to the GF be?

Your main option is a Disney bus. These days Poly and GF have been sharing a bus for post DAH transportstion.

We were at GF when we did DAH a few weeks ago and it was super easy and a relatively short wait. Although not sure how the people in line in front of us had been waiting (it was a decent sized line).

Other options would be Minnie Van, Ferry to TTC and walk through Poly to GF, walk to CR and get a Uber/Lyft/Taxi.... but none of those are likely preferred options.

I spent today moving stuff so Tuesday could be a sleep-in day instead of the previously planned Wednesday. Kind of a pita but definitely worth it.
This is such a bummer. The announced 11/26 date just doesn't work as we have EMM booked at MK the next morning. DAH til 1:00 am then back to MK for EMM at 7:45??? I don't think I can pull enough Disney magic to make that work! It would technically be back to our room about 2 am and up by 6 am or so?! Oh I wish I could make it work. Never been to DAH but it sounds perfect for our ride lovin family. We have The Christmas Party Sunday night, then DAH would be Monday night, then EMM and full MK Tuesday. And party and EMM are not moveable. I've got to let it go! Just can't do it! Sounds fab though but I would have one miserable family on my hands!

This is such a bummer. The announced 11/26 date just doesn't work as we have EMM booked at MK the next morning. DAH til 1:00 am then back to MK for EMM at 7:45??? I don't think I can pull enough Disney magic to make that work! It would technically be back to our room about 2 am and up by 6 am or so?! Oh I wish I could make it work. Never been to DAH but it sounds perfect for our ride lovin family. We have The Christmas Party Sunday night, then DAH would be Monday night, then EMM and full MK Tuesday. And party and EMM are not moveable. I've got to let it go! Just can't do it! Sounds fab though but I would have one miserable family on my hands!

I'm in the same boat right now! We have MVMCP on the 25 & 27th along with EMM on the 27th. We planned on leaving MK earlier in the day on the 27th and heading back to the GF for a nap and stuff before we go to MVMCP. It makes me wonder if we're brave enough to add DAH in the mix too.

After having done both of these events in the past, I would absolutely pick DAH over EMM. It is a much longer time period with nearly all the rides open. I enjoyed EMM with just myself and my DS, 6 at the time, but it was a one time thing. Next February will by my 4th DAH, and we enjoy it enough to actually plan a trip specifically to attend.

I'm in the same boat right now! We have MVMCP on the 25 & 27th along with EMM on the 27th. We planned on leaving MK earlier in the day on the 27th and heading back to the GF for a nap and stuff before we go to MVMCP. It makes me wonder if we're brave enough to add DAH in the mix too.

I did DAH and MNSSHP on back to back nights in Sept, in that order. One word of caution, DAH really spoiled MNSSHP! Experiencing the crowd differences between events on back to back nights wasn’t necessarily a good thing! :-)

I did DAH and MNSSHP on back to back nights in Sept, in that order. One word of caution, DAH really spoiled MNSSHP! Experiencing the crowd differences between events on back to back nights wasn’t necessarily a good thing! :-)
Doing the same thing only DAH and MVMCP. DAH first then the party the next night. We don't plan on doing any rides during MVMCP so I think the difference will be ok.

Doing the same thing only DAH and MVMCP. DAH first then the party the next night. We don't plan on doing any rides during MVMCP so I think the difference will be ok.
This is what I'm planning on doing as well. I have DAH first and MVMCP the next night and now I can just concentrate on the party because all the rides will be at DAH. I'm very excited.

After having done both of these events in the past, I would absolutely pick DAH over EMM. It is a much longer time period with nearly all the rides open. I enjoyed EMM with just myself and my DS, 6 at the time, but it was a one time thing. Next February will by my 4th DAH, and we enjoy it enough to actually plan a trip specifically to attend.
Wow. You are not helping me! I was afraid of that. I really hate to cancel our EMM for a few reasons....it's the last one with the original format and we absolutely loved it 2 years ago. Plus my family really loves the breakfast that's included. But now the option of DAH has really thrown a wrench in my plans. I'm struggling to know what to do! It's never been offered on any of our trips before. Those that have gone....give me some deets! Is it really no waits on everything? Or do some dates end up having ride waits? Do dates usually sell out? I really haven't paid attention because it never was an option. The one thing I could consider is doing DAH Monday night then somehow doing EMM the next morning, but only staying for EMM and an hour or so into the regular day. Then go home and nap the rest of the day. If we did the DAH maybe we wouldn't need another full MK day to accomplish what we need to. I keep coming back to Disney constantly adding events after park days are set and now fp's are set. Frustrating!

Agreed!

If we did it, it would be Christmas Party first, then DAH, so that's good. I know you are an EMM fan too...what would you do if you had the option of DAH one night but EMM at MK already scheduled the next morning? Tell it to me straight! Is DAH worth shifting plans at this point? 30 days out!

@Babs1975
TOTALLY agree with @senadler!
You will get SO MUCH more bang for your buck with DAH.
This upcoming trip, we're doing both, BUT we are not taking DGS (just turning 4) to DAH. The EMM (We're doing the newer one with more Fantasyland attractions pretty much for him.). But, if I had to make a choice it would definitely be DAH.
Just adding my 2¢, lol!

If we did it, it would be Christmas Party first, then DAH, so that's good. I know you are an EMM fan too...what would you do if you had the option of DAH one night but EMM at MK already scheduled the next morning? Tell it to me straight! Is DAH worth shifting plans at this point? 30 days out!

LoL. I’m seriously considering doing it!! I’ve always wanted to do DAH and it’s never been available on our trips and seeing as we don’t know when the next trip would be, I’d love to do it all.

Wow. You are not helping me! I was afraid of that. I really hate to cancel our EMM for a few reasons....it's the last one with the original format and we absolutely loved it 2 years ago. Plus my family really loves the breakfast that's included. But now the option of DAH has really thrown a wrench in my plans. I'm struggling to know what to do! It's never been offered on any of our trips before. Those that have gone....give me some deets! Is it really no waits on everything? Or do some dates end up having ride waits? Do dates usually sell out? I really haven't paid attention because it never was an option. The one thing I could consider is doing DAH Monday night then somehow doing EMM the next morning, but only staying for EMM and an hour or so into the regular day. Then go home and nap the rest of the day. If we did the DAH maybe we wouldn't need another full MK day to accomplish what we need to. I keep coming back to Disney constantly adding events after park days are set and now fp's are set. Frustrating!
If it’s between the two I would 100% pick DAH. Almost every ride is a walk on and the unlimited snacks are so fun. If you like meeting characters they give a really fun interaction during DAH. The only thing I think we have waited in line longer than expected was 7dmt. I will say that trying to do dah and emm the next morning sounds horrible. We did dah with our niece that ended at 12 and did rope drop at ak the next day; it was pretty awful. We were all miserable and we didn’t even get our full day at ak so we missed out on a lot.

This is exactly how we’re doing it - MVMCP on Sunday and DAH on Monday. I love that they’re back-to-back because that allows us to stay on a similar time schedule for two days in a row and yet also offers two very different experiences even though both in the same park.

I’m an EMM fan, too, but wouldn’t choose it over DAH. This is the one event I’ve been most hoping to have happen during our trip. In terms of rides, it’s far more productive than any other.

If it were me, knowing what I now know, (having attended both) I would definitely cancel EMM and get DAH. Do it with a CM on the phone, so you make sure if you can cancel one you don't lose the other.
Especially since you're getting the "old" EMM. With DAH you'll be able to do every single attraction in Fantasyland, as well as a the rest of the lands. Not to mention low character lines. We saw Talking Mickey (so sad he's gone!) with only 2 parties in front of us. That alone for me was worth the price of admission.
I would NEVER do the 2 back to back, with DAH and then an early am. But, by doing DAH you've pretty much knocked out MK.
I would start late at MK the next day, with any other fast passes I could get, and maybe see if there was a Tony's dining package for the parade, and just really enjoy MK with no stress. But, you will have done ALL the headliners. So, relax, watch the muppets in Liberty Square, and Monsters Inc. etc.
Just my opinion!
Sparkle on and have fun!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter