"Official" 2018 Disney After Hours (DAH) Thread (Now Closed, see New 2019 Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly if her and her mom can’t keep up/make it to things on time we might just split up, but for dah we will most likely stay together because that will be their first day in mk and I don’t want them worrying about how to get around. It’s a rest day so they can’t have the excuse of being tired lol.
Good plan for the rest day. Our group had to split up eventually for DAH but the good thing is that anyone who goes back early will have no issue with transportation back to the hotel. I’m sure they’ll hang like champs unlike the bums in my family ;)

Good plan for the rest day. Our group had to split up eventually for DAH but the good thing is that anyone who goes back early will have no issue with transportation back to the hotel. I’m sure they’ll hang like champs unlike the bums in my family ;)
Lol we’ll see. I don’t really want to stop for snacks but I will if I see no line.

It’s good to know someone else went to the parks the day after dah. We are going 3/1 and then trying to rd at ak the next morning (which opens at 8). We’ll see how tired we are.
We'll be right there with you (I hope)! We're going to attempt to rope drop AK the next morning after DAH since I am not about waiting 2 hours in line for Flights of Passage haha. I've heard rope drop at AK has been crazy lately though so it may end up being 2 hours anyway. I think we all just need caffeine IV's for our trips :)

We'll be right there with you (I hope)! We're going to attempt to rope drop AK the next morning after DAH since I am not about waiting 2 hours in line for Flights of Passage haha. I've heard rope drop at AK has been crazy lately though so it may end up being 2 hours anyway. I think we all just need caffeine IV's for our trips :)
Lol I don’t drink coffee and I’m not huge on pop so I might have to use a snack credit on a monster. I did that two years ago lol. We would be rope dropping Navi so I don’t think that will be too bad. Good luck to both of us I guess!

Just booked for 3/1! Looking forward to giving this event a shot.

Right now my plan is to get to the MK somewhere between 8:15-8:30 p.m. I'm seeing ROL that night, and that performance is at 7:15 p.m. I'm already having plenty of MK time before the trip (and the next night). I'm seeing HEA my first night and the night following the event. I just want to enjoy the limited crowds of the MK starting at 9 p.m.

What would everyone do first when I enter? Should I go straight to 7DMT or head somewhere else? I have heard reports that people have been able to use the lanyard as a fastpass within the last hour the MK is open.

Just booked for 3/1! Looking forward to giving this event a shot.

Right now my plan is to get to the MK somewhere between 8:15-8:30 p.m. I'm seeing ROL that night, and that performance is at 7:15 p.m. I'm already having plenty of MK time before the trip (and the next night). I'm seeing HEA my first night and the night following the event. I just want to enjoy the limited crowds of the MK starting at 9 p.m.

What would everyone do first when I enter? Should I go straight to 7DMT or head somewhere else? I have heard reports that people have been able to use the lanyard as a fastpass within the last hour the MK is open.
I wouldn’T go to 7dmt first. We are planning on heading there within the last hour. We actually will do all of fantasyland within that last hour.

We went to AK the day after our DAH for a 9:00 am opening. We were on the bus at 7:30, in the park but held at the bridge into Pandora around 8:30, off the ride by *maybe* 9:15. So, it IS about 2 hours of waiting, just not “wasting park time” waiting. It’ll be rough with a midnight DAH and 8:00 am opening, but it’s honestly worth it! AK closes early-ish, so if that is your only Park for that day, you can retire relatively early.

I apologize if this has been asked & answered...If you are attending the DAH event and show up at MK at 6pm, do you pay for parking or is it included in admission?

I am excited that I purchased the 3/8 DAH Tix! Thanks for all the great info throughout this thread.

Questions:
1) Can I book fastpasses to use before 9pm?
If yes, I have our MBs from last year’s trip...the sales guy said I just link the confirm # to my old MBs?
2) Where is the best place to watch HEA, so we don’t get tied up in crowds?
3) Looking fur easy transport as I’m sans husband for this night o’ fun & Ill have our 6&8yo in tow! We are not staying on property and this is our ONLY Disney related event as we are in town for a family event, not a WDW vaca
Can we drive to Wilderness Lodge and eat at whispering canyon...then take the boat over to & back from MK?
Can I leave my car parked there? Do I pay valet?
4) does the 9pm start time still allow you in at 6?

A tidbit that maybe everyone already knows...booking Tix online to be mailed to me was going to be $15 in shipping...I ended up have to place my order over the phone & he shipped them to me for free! Just an fyi if you want the hard Tix, but don’t want to pay shipping :)

I know that things can definitely still change, but I was so excited when I realized that our DAH day (3/1) is already in the 10-day weather forecast! As of right now, it looks pretty similar to the weather during last week's DAH with highs in the low 80's during the day and lows around 64 during DAH. How did everyone who attended last week's DAH dress?? Did anyone dare to break out their shorts in February and was that a good way to go? I feel like it'll be too hot for jeans but still too cool for shorts late at night.

I know that things can definitely still change, but I was so excited when I realized that our DAH day (3/1) is already in the 10-day weather forecast! As of right now, it looks pretty similar to the weather during last week's DAH with highs in the low 80's during the day and lows around 64 during DAH. How did everyone who attended last week's DAH dress?? Did anyone dare to break out their shorts in February and was that a good way to go? I feel like it'll be too hot for jeans but still too cool for shorts late at night.

DH & I were there last week - perfect weather! He wore shorts, I wore light weight capris (normal summer weight), and both of us wore T-shirts. He wore sandals; I wore socks & walking shoes but only for “walking a lot” comfort, not temperature.

I'm most definitely wearing shorts, but I wear shorts if it's 50 and above. I will probably bring a light jacket with me because my arms get more cold than my legs do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!