OFFICIAL 2018 Christmas & Holiday Time at DLR Superthread!!

6 weeks!!!

This little WOC rumor kinda threw me a bit. I’ll be kinda bummed if it’s set to return right after me leave, but that’s just my own personal pitty party. Happy for those who may get to expirence it. It’s beyond magical .
Think of it this way: IF the rumor pans out, then you have a VERY good reason for planning another trip! Right?

If they do reinstate WoC for the holidays, where will it be announced? I'm sure tickets for the Dessert Party will be gone in a flash.

Spoke with a server at CCR today about the WOC Dining Packages and not being able to reserve dinner after 12/4. She said that, basically, they've been told pretty much exactly what we've surmised here. WOC is pretty much ready to go, BUT... they truly don't know if it is really ready to bring back without crashing again and disappointing thousands of guests. And they don't want to let people make reservations for the holidays, then have to cancel everything and call everyone back. And they know that as soon as they open the reservations, people will flood the system. And they want to try to come up with the best solution for that. So... everyone is waiting, waiting, waiting. We're waiting, CMs are waiting, etc. She asked that we continue being patient and said that they really do appreciate what we're going through.

Spoke with a server at CCR today about the WOC Dining Packages and not being able to reserve dinner after 12/4. She said that, basically, they've been told pretty much exactly what we've surmised here. WOC is pretty much ready to go, BUT... they truly don't know if it is really ready to bring back without crashing again and disappointing thousands of guests. And they don't want to let people make reservations for the holidays, then have to cancel everything and call everyone back. And they know that as soon as they open the reservations, people will flood the system. And they want to try to come up with the best solution for that. So... everyone is waiting, waiting, waiting. We're waiting, CMs are waiting, etc. She asked that we continue being patient and said that they really do appreciate what we're going through.
Thanks for the info luckyrabbit! This is getting exciting :)

It’s not a treat but festival of holidays has this pork rib thing on rice that is so good.
Do you remember which kiosk this is? I must try this!

Hey, did anyone else hear about this? Lamplight... World of Color....
Not to get false hopes up or spread rumors or anything... ;)
Aw, going to just miss it. :(

That sounds like a nice CM! Bummer for a lot of folks (myself included) but glad to hear it's coming back at all. I was starting to have doubts!

Part of me still hopes for a November opening just maybe not with dinning plans... wishful thinking I’m sure.

Are they even testing it? I’d think they would know if it’s going to work if they would test it.

I hate to being a downer on the WOC rumour but they did do this with the dinner dining times last year. They didn’t open up for a couple of weeks after the 60 days out. Still hopeful but until we see it being tested, I wouldn’t get too excited personally.

I hate to being a downer on the WOC rumour but they did do this with the dinner dining times last year. They didn’t open up for a couple of weeks after the 60 days out. Still hopeful but until we see it being tested, I wouldn’t get too excited personally.

And lots of showtimes for DCA haven’t been released yet I think they may just be behind but I’m still really helpful for y’all going in December

So we will have an extra person joining us on our trip and I have a question about my two ADR’s. Do I need to call and change it from 4 to 5 people or just let them know when we arrive to check in? We have Goofy’s for dinner one night and Blue Bayou for lunch.

So we will have an extra person joining us on our trip and I have a question about my two ADR’s. Do I need to call and change it from 4 to 5 people or just let them know when we arrive to check in? We have Goofy’s for dinner one night and Blue Bayou for lunch.

I would call and let them know. Both of those are popular and tables can be limited for the size you will need. Better to be safe and change it.

Definitely call and try to change it. Usually going from 3 to 4 isn't a problem because you'd probably already be seated at a 4 top but going from 4 to 5 means you'll need a bigger table so it might be harder to accommodate. Those larger tables aren't as plentiful as the 4 tops.

Thanks all! I called and got it updated. We needed to push our BB ADR back to accommodate and extra person but that’s no biggie! Gives me hope that crowds won’t be CRAZY that week since there were still times available

From another thread:

For what it's worth, I called Disney Dining this morning to order a celebration cake, and I asked the CM I spoke with whether he could tell me about the possibility of World of Color Dessert Parties for the holidays. He said that they received a "hard no" yesterday about WoC and that it will not be back until 2019. Of course, CMs do their best with the information they have, and another CM might have said something different, but that's what I was told this morning. I asked if there was any chance of extending PtN now that (according to him) WoC is a definite no, and he said that no, it will be "old school DCA" without shows at night throughout the holidays. He also told me that Fantasmic! will be running nightly during the week of December 17 (I asked because that's when I'll be there).

I am bummed about (allegedly) no WoC (I've never seen the holiday version and the Dessert Party is our favorite way to end our stay) and PtN (which I've never seen at all)... but hey. I'll be at Disneyland during the holidays. I'll get to ride the Incredicoaster at night. There are worse things. ;)

Has anyone else had confirmation of this?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!