"Official" 2018 Disney After Hours (DAH) Thread (Now Closed, see New 2019 Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think I ever came back on here, but Disney responded to my email about the missing tickets. They are now showing up in our account again. I was glad they were able to find a record somewhere that showed we really were given the tickets because I had deleted that email.

Longest line I waited in all night was for the bus! Granted didn’t do 7DMT or PP. You realize just how many people are in fact here if you stay to the end and see everyone funnel out Main Street.

4 year old hung with me to midnight, which I am very much going to pay for tomorrow!

I also did 6/30 and tonight seemed more or less similar crowd wise, maybe tonight was slightly less (very hard to tell). A lot shorter drink cart lines tonight than 6/30. I rarely saw a line at any cart I passed until the one in the hub shortly before midnight.

Crowds at these things are so lumpy. You can be around just a few others and then walk to another part of the park and have a lot of people in sight.

Kiss Goodnight and Emporium doors locked at midnight. Guess that means Get Out!

Really great night, this continues to be a worthwhile upcharge event from my perspective.

Didnt see anyone handing out lanyards on our way out. Didnt get them checking in by Stitch

We got lanyards at Stitch when we checked in but had to ask. Didn’t see anyone handing them out at the exit...but then we just arrived at the bus stop cause we were taking all the pictures :)

Also, we waited 25 min for the lantern photo (9:37 to a little after 10) and they were not checking bands and were taking pics for people without wristbands. Is that normal? The family in front of us was huge (about 10 people) and no wristbands, and took about every permutation possible with the lantern. I’ll admit to being a bit irritated by that, when they hadn’t paid for the event. Otherwise, fantastic night!

Yeah, not sure what was up with the lanyards. Saw plenty of folks with them but they weren’t offered when we arrived (7:40ish) or left (past midnight). We didn’t ask for them (which was fine for us, don’t really need them anyway).

Didnt see anyone handing out lanyards on our way out. Didnt get them checking in by Stitch
I’m so bummed, we didn’t get one on the way in, I looked around for someone near Hall of Presidents but no one in sight, and no one giving them out at the exit. Wish I could email them and they’d send me one.

Great night. Waited till late to do 7dmt. And the wait was 5 minutes. 5 times on btmrr, 5 space mountain, pirates, splash buzz, pan, jungle cruise ( only 4 people on the boat so we got some off the script jokes and comments), dumbo, carousel, tta..we pretty much did whatever we wanted with zero wait. Great night. Lots of great pics. One actually sitting on main street with the castle in the background.

We went to the August 30th event, and would absolutely do it again in a heartbeat.

We got to MK about 8:00ish, hit Starbucks for a drink (mistake as it was super crowded, grabbed a quick snack at Casey's, and watched the fireworks for a bit).

We're not big roller coaster people so thus the lack of SDMT, and Space Mtn.

Also, they didn't give out the lanyards until we were leaving... not sure why.

In our time there we did the following in order;
  • Aladdin x2 without getting off (could have stayed on for a 3rd but we wanted to get going).
  • Big Thunder 1x... TOTALLY different ride at night.. we loved it.
  • Got popcorn & drinks.
  • Lantern photo by the Tangled bathrooms (approx a 10 min wait).
  • Peter Pan (waited approx 10 minutes as well).
  • Pooh x2.
  • Tomorrow Land speedway (15 minute wait.. only one track open).
  • PeopleMover.
  • Buzz x2 (stayed on ride, and just went back through again).
  • Ice cream & drinks to end the night.
We walked out shortly before midnight.

Pros;
  • Walk on for most rides... amazing.
  • Walking through the park w/out constantly bumping into people.
  • Nice to have the snack options.
Cons;
  • Given how low the crowds were, I wish they had us go through the FP line, and not the stand by to get on.
  • Speedway had only one track out of 4 operating making this our longest wait of the night.
  • Splash Mtn was down.
  • Didn't get lanyards until we were exiting at the end of the night??

I don't think this night sold out. To me it was a great value to cost benefit, and I would do it again without hesitation.
We were there the same night. They gave the lanyards at the end of the evening as a momentum. Because of people taking their lanyards off and giving to a member of the group who did not purchase a ticket, Disney went with the wristbands. This is what a cast member explained to us. It was a great evening with low crowds. We went back on January 30th which had low crowds too but we think August 30th was even lower.

If you are going to fit in the projections another night, have you done the fireworks in fantasyland? The area between pinocchio village haus and seven dwarfs mine train is a great spot. My kids love watching the fireworks going off from behind you and in front of you at the same time. They actually complain when I want to watch from the front of the castle.
I haven't seen fireworks from fantasyland in over a decade and not this new show. I will see if the kiddo is interested in that as well! I rearranged some things in my schedule to get at least one in park non DAH night viewing

DH & I got our lanyards on the way out at Town Hall.
Had a great time last night ! Highlight was hea (will post in that thread too) longest wait was Peter Pan and 7 d - the bus situation was terrible and I mean worse than I’ve ever experienced for this event. Not sure I would do it again during the summer lo! Will post more after the cruise :)
Rides during dah :
Jungle cruise
Aladdin
Swiss family tree
Speedway
Space twice
Ariel
7d
Peter Pan
Thunder twice
Last ride splash twice

Attachments

• CDF145B3-EE45-47F0-9833-332ED424DA5A.jpeg
    CDF145B3-EE45-47F0-9833-332ED424DA5A.jpeg
    76.5 KB · Views: 22
Had a great time last night ! Highlight was hea (will post in that thread too) longest wait was Peter Pan and 7 d - the bus situation was terrible and I mean worse than I’ve ever experienced for this event. Not sure I would do it again during the summer lo! Will post more after the cruise :)
Rides during dah :
Jungle cruise
Aladdin
Swiss family tree
Speedway
Space twice
Ariel
7d
Peter Pan
Thunder twice
Last ride splash twice

Hey! We talked with you a bit in the garden—my husband almost sat on your daughter’s ice cream :). Glad you had a great time—we did too!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!