"Official" 2017 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Boo to You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We went on Tuesday the 24th, and had a ball. Everything went to plan, except for an evacuation off of Pirates of the Carribean. Thank you to everyone for GREAT pieces of advice. It made our first MNSSHP wonderful!

I was wondering if anyone knows which "Voodoo" song gets played throughout the park during the party. It sounds Big Bandish to me, and I know I've heard it before.

We also went Tuesday the 24th. We had FPs for Peter Pan (330-430) and 7DMT (430-530) then we went over to Adventure Land and started our rides. We made it to Fantasy Land and then got a spot for the Fireworks about 45 mins before the start. We had no trouble getting a full front castle view. After the amazing show we walked over to Frontier Land and got a spot on the deck in front of Country Bears. Some in our group went to get snacks (dole whips and pretzels) while we waited for the start. While I've seen the Christmas parade a half dozen times and always thought it was my favorite, I think Boo to You has replaced it! It was SO SO good! The headless horseman was even better than I imagined, and we had the grave diggers stop right in front of us. It was just so good. After the parade the kids wanted to ride BTMRR again -- they rode 4 x's back to back -- and then we did our only ToTing of the whole party at Splash Mountain. The kids went through 3 times and came back with full bags. After that we walked slowly to the front of the park, returned our rented stroller (forgot about that -- around 9pm my 6 year old ran out of steam, so I decided to rent a double stroller. The lady was so nice, she gave it to me for free since the night was almost over! My 6 year old took a 1 hr power nap and was ready to go after that).

The worst part of the night is always the bus ride back. We were at Pop and had a 30 min wait to get on the bus, and it was standing room only. A nice man let me take his seat because I was holding a sleeping child, but the other 8 in my party had to stand. We got back to our rooms around 1am.

We only came down for the party, staying 1 night. We didn't have any park tickets. On Wednesday we went to Disney Springs for breakfast, shopping, and a light lunch before DME picked us up at 1pm. And that was it. 36 hrs in Disney World.

We got back in January for a week and I'm looking forward to taking it slow.

We did party on Oct 22nd. Glad we did it but likely a one and done for us. For us, it simply seemed far too crowded and we weren't really into the trick or treating. Shout out though to Colonel Sanders - a definite crowd favorite!

For those of you whose candy is getting screened, do any of you have TSA precheck? We have precheck and don't check bags so I'm wondering if we'll be alright. Hoping to avoid being at the airport any earlier than we have to.

I think it's unpredictable right now. I have a co-worker, with TSA PC, and she said the lines for security were about 2 hours, in pre-check. And mentioned scanning the food. Another co-worker swears if you have precheck or Global Entry you won't have this issue. Who knows!

I'm feeling bummed that no one will know who we are Disney bounding as. Micky's shirt is pretty clear cut for fans of Tangled, but mine might be tougher. Is this way too obscure? If so I may just ditch the lantern and just look "normal". :) I do have prominent, natural grey streaks in my very dark hair.

here's what we are doing:

View attachment 278121 View attachment 278122 View attachment 278127 View attachment 278128 View attachment 278129 View attachment 278130

I love your Disneybound and think it's perfectly done!

MK_RAPUNZELLANTERNSC_20171024_405788579481_2.jpg

https://pix.sfly.com/JduEPu

I couldn't figure out how to post a pic so I did it with link above with my Shutterfly (sorry, it's been a long while)
My daughter and her NOW FIANCE (Proposed yesterday at MK!!) and my grandson did this lastnight during party.

Such a cute photo! Congrats to your daughter and her fiance!

We did party on Oct 22nd. Glad we did it but likely a one and done for us. For us, it simply seemed far too crowded and we weren't really into the trick or treating. Shout out though to Colonel Sanders - a definite crowd favorite!

We just got home yesterday and we went to the party on Oct 26th. One and done for us as well. We were extremely disappointed. It was way more crowded that we thought it would be. The wait for Big Thunder was 45min to an hour all night... even after 11pm. The wait was that long when the park was open! We went trick or treating, rode TWO rides, wandered around for a bit looking for a dessert to taste that didn't have lines around the block. About 11:15 we finally broke down and waited about 25 minutes for one dessert and it was okay. Definitely NOT worth the money for us. Sadly, that was our last night in the parks before our Disney Cruise. We ended on a low point :( Oh well.

That wasn't even all of it. Nine rides broke down while we were in line for them, ON them, or had just stepped off of them. We never got to ride Frozen or ToT at all because they were always down. Disappointed in our stay at POFQ and the awful bus service. We left for our Bahamas cruise on Friday and the weather was so bad we didn't even stop at Castaway Cay. Not our best trip at all :(

We also went Tuesday the 24th. We had FPs for Peter Pan (330-430) and 7DMT (430-530) then we went over to Adventure Land and started our rides. We made it to Fantasy Land and then got a spot for the Fireworks about 45 mins before the start. We had no trouble getting a full front castle view. After the amazing show we walked over to Frontier Land and got a spot on the deck in front of Country Bears. Some in our group went to get snacks (dole whips and pretzels) while we waited for the start. While I've seen the Christmas parade a half dozen times and always thought it was my favorite, I think Boo to You has replaced it! It was SO SO good! The headless horseman was even better than I imagined, and we had the grave diggers stop right in front of us. It was just so good. After the parade the kids wanted to ride BTMRR again -- they rode 4 x's back to back -- and then we did our only ToTing of the whole party at Splash Mountain. The kids went through 3 times and came back with full bags. After that we walked slowly to the front of the park, returned our rented stroller (forgot about that -- around 9pm my 6 year old ran out of steam, so I decided to rent a double stroller. The lady was so nice, she gave it to me for free since the night was almost over! My 6 year old took a 1 hr power nap and was ready to go after that).

The worst part of the night is always the bus ride back. We were at Pop and had a 30 min wait to get on the bus, and it was standing room only. A nice man let me take his seat because I was holding a sleeping child, but the other 8 in my party had to stand. We got back to our rooms around 1am.

We only came down for the party, staying 1 night. We didn't have any park tickets. On Wednesday we went to Disney Springs for breakfast, shopping, and a light lunch before DME picked us up at 1pm. And that was it. 36 hrs in Disney World.

We got back in January for a week and I'm looking forward to taking it slow.

Oh wow that seems a long time to wait for a bus, I was at AS Movies and I don't recall waiting very long for a bus at all, I wonder if I just happened to time most of mine really well. At the end of the night especially party nights I strolled over to the bus so it had filtered out a bit by then and I got a seat.

We just got home yesterday and we went to the party on Oct 26th. One and done for us as well. We were extremely disappointed. It was way more crowded that we thought it would be. The wait for Big Thunder was 45min to an hour all night... even after 11pm. The wait was that long when the park was open! We went trick or treating, rode TWO rides, wandered around for a bit looking for a dessert to taste that didn't have lines around the block. About 11:15 we finally broke down and waited about 25 minutes for one dessert and it was okay. Definitely NOT worth the money for us. Sadly, that was our last night in the parks before our Disney Cruise. We ended on a low point :( Oh well.

That wasn't even all of it. Nine rides broke down while we were in line for them, ON them, or had just stepped off of them. We never got to ride Frozen or ToT at all because they were always down. Disappointed in our stay at POFQ and the awful bus service. We left for our Bahamas cruise on Friday and the weather was so bad we didn't even stop at Castaway Cay. Not our best trip at all :(

Oh wow I'm sorry it didn't work out for you, was it sold out? I forgot to look at wait times at the parties I went to I know some of the characters had long lines but I don't recall seeing super long waits for treats. Maybe everyone was trying to sample them before they go in a bit of last minute rush.
That is such bad luck with rides and the cruise too. My friend was on, she messaged me to say that she didn't get to stop there either, she's doing MNSSHP tomorrow.

I have my trip report started.....

https://www.disboards.com/threads/m...nd-trip-but-1st-solo-and-on-property.3644620/

Need to work on a link in my signature and how to create chapters like people do - if anyone knows I would appreciate the info, can DM rather than post it in here.

Last edited:
We went on the 24th and had an absolutely fabulous time. It was our first party and it didn't disappoint. We arrived around 5. We rode a few rides and got dinner prior to the start. Our first party ride was HM. We watched the early parade in front of Pecos Bills. I loved the roaming characters. They were great to snag a picture with. I was pretty impressed by the parade. We got a ton of candy, watched the fireworks, met the 7 drawfs and stopped for pictures. The one thing I missed was the headless horseman magic shot.

We left a little bit before midnight. The line was quite long for AoA. I think we got back around 1am. All in all, it was a great night sing we will do it again.

Totally agree with all of this. We were there too on the 26th. It wasn't our first MNSSHP and we were also dumbfounded at the crowds. We had such an amazing party 2 years ago this one was worse in every way by comparison. We hoped to watch the 1045 Sanderson Sisters, yeah nope. It was like mayhem. No where to move, no where to go. We made our way to towards Main Street contemplating whether or not to stay for the parade. My 13 yo son and husband were over it and ready to go as well. I wanted to watch so we stayed and ended up with moms and kids shoving themselves in front of us. total mess. We are done for a while too. :sad2:

Just gotback from 10/31party was awesome! My only complaint was they informed me they sold out ofan item i wanted for ap 3 weeks ago. I did notice though there were nosigns about limits on items. (Apologies on lack of spaces craptop, what i affectionately allthis vacation computer, sometimes forgets he has a spacebar)

Tonights Party was awesome. Weather was perfect! Crowds weren’t bad. We got a ton done. Jack & Sally, Peter Pan, Mine train, Pooh & gang, Donald & daisy, skeleton magic shot, pumpkin waffle sundae, parade, haunted mansion magic shot, fireworks, Moana, lotso, space mountain, thunder mountain and loads of trick or treating plus a few other PhotoPass/magic shots. It was a wonderful night!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter