"Official" 2017 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Boo to You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Technical questions :) Our intent is to go to be able to get on rides and enjoy the park - not for the halloween aspect. So we won't be in costumes, but will partake in any goodies that may come our way. Should we bring a bag to collect those goodies or is something provided?

No, treat bags are included in your admission, so no need to BYOB, lol! And you can go to the stands as much as you want!! Enjoy! Also, even though you are not there for the Halloween aspect, make sure to check out the Halloween fireworks....they are not done every night, and are AMAZING!

6917D499-91EF-4E3C-AB23-82E087CCE16F.jpeg
We attended the 10/15 party and had a blast! It was my boyfriends first time, but I have taken my kiddos a few times in the past. We got so many compliments on our costumes that it was unreal! Unlike years I've attended in the past, I just wanted us to go with the flow and not have a strict plan and it turned out great, honestly! We got in at about 3:50, got our trick or treat bags, then headed to Pirates. After that we hopped on Haunted Mansion, got a bite to eat, and then changed into our costumes for the party.
We started trick or treating in Tomorrowland and took a ride on Buzz and TTA then waited in line for Space Mountain, this was DS(5)'s one request and unfortunately it broke down when we got pretty far in line. So we got a FP, went trick or treating some more, got our Haunted Mansion photo op in, and then tried to see if Space Mountain was open yet.. It was not. We went on 7DMT, watched the (amazing as always) Hallowishes, went on Winnie the Pooh, and then figured we would try Space Mountain one more time on the way out, and... it was open!! It was DS's first time and he LOVED it! Overall, even as a sold out night, we had a great time :)

We were there that night too! I was also with my son and new boyfriend!
What were your costumes?
This was us:

Just went thru TSA Security today at MCO heading home with a string bag with 2 gallon ziplock bags worth of Disney Halloween candy. They didn’t do any extra screening other then the metal detector. I did see other lines there screening peoples food items. I believe we just got lucky that our lane wasn’t participating at that time.
We flew back on 10/15 and were prepared to have all candy screened since in our carry on. After a long wait in TSA line they finally brought in a dog and we were told no need to take shoes off or anything out of the bags. Yay!

Thoughts on our parties - doing 2 parties was a good idea. The first one we entirely focused on Frontierland, Adventureland and some of Fantasyland. Did Jack & Sally and parade.
2nd party we did more Fantasyland, Tomorrowland and watched fireworks and Hocus Pocus from hub.
Did some trick or treating both nights.
2 parties meant more time to take things slow.
Sat for awhile at Sleepy Hollow (pumpkin waffle ice cream sundae was great!) while DS napped in stroller.
Rode People Mover 4 times straight while eating candy because that’s what DS wanted to do...
Even with 2 parties we still missed Cadaver Dans and didn’t do magic shots or as many characters as I’d hoped.
There’s always next year!

E58BBA0B-73D6-4204-B647-D9276557670C.jpeg

I am pretty excited :) How did your experience go? We get to watch the cartoon, right? Then everyone gets a pic? Do they give you a professional pic for free or does it come with memory maker?

You watch the cartoon in the barn where the Headless Horseman’s horse lives. (“Legend”). Very neat atmosphere. The horses seemed into the movie too. Lol. You get your pin and popcorn (but bring your own water/drinks) Barn is not well insulated or air conditioned at all so prepare for whatever outside temp is. Then everyone gets a chance to go up for a pic - it works like a regular M&G with PhotoPass that shows up on MDE. Not sure how it works if you don’t have memory maker.
I hope you like it!

Where exactly in Frontierland is it that the Gravediggers are meeting? I'm sorry, WDW newbie. Second trip only. I so don't recognize the background.

I'm wondering if they are trying some new things this year-the night of my party I didn't see them waiting to take pics where PP described but prior to the 1st parade they were wandering around frontierland dragging their shovels and entertaining the crowd waiting for the parade. Same thing with Br'er Bear and Br'er Rabbit-they wandered around frontierland rather than staying in 1 spot for M&G

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter