"Official" 2017 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Boo to You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
re MCO security: We flew home on Tuesday 10/10, 3:30PM Southwest flight, the side with gates 70-129. We do NOT have TSA-Pre. Breezed right through security around 1:45PM--lowest line we ever saw at MCO, through in 5 minutes. We had packed the candy in the checked luggage, but we still had plenty of snacks, magazines, etc in our bags. Wasn't asked to take anything out. I did the usual of pulling out the bag of liquids/pastes/gels in advance, and that's all I took out of my bag. Bags through x-ray machine, people through the scanner. Quickest ever through MCO!

That's the plan as of now I was just trying to plan my way through the trails to minimize crossing back on the route.

We did the regular ToT and planned to pull all the candy my peanut allergy daughter received from her bag as we have done in the past. We then went to see Mickey Mouse at Town Square after the second parade (around midnight) and saw they were handing out the allergy friendly treats, so we asked them if she could still get some and they said sure thing! They asked her about her allergy then loaded up a whole bag full of treats for her!

At the 10/9 party, we got our Halloween Sorcerer's cards after midnight when we were leaving..I think we were there around 12:15AM. The doors were shut, but there were 3 cast members standing outside the fire house with cards in their hands to pass out and sharpies to mark your band to say you got 1.
We left sometime between 11:15 and 11:30 and had the same experience. You didn't even have to go inside but could still get them.

Each resort has Halloween activities on Halloween night itself. Some do trick or treating and other things, but they all offer characters. Some of these characters are rare, like Louis from Princess and the Frog. Some wear rare outfits, like Stitch dressed as Elvis at the Poly.

A few years ago my friends and I went on a fun hunt to see how many we could visit.

How long are the lines to meet folks at the hotel?

If you are driving and not staying at the hotel, how do you get through security?

How long are the lines to meet folks at the hotel?

If you are driving and not staying at the hotel, how do you get through security?

Lines really depend. We met characters at the all stars and waited maybe 10 minutes, the lines were somewhat substantial. Then we went to AKL and were the only ones there. It might depend on how visible the characters are. At the all stars the characters were very visible, right next to the pool. AKL were inside.

Are you at a Disney hotel? We drive and just say we'd like to check out the hotel. I think the only ones you'd have an issue at would be a monorail resort. In that case you can pay to valet or park at Ticket and Transportation center and take the monorail.

Each resort has Halloween activities on Halloween night itself. Some do trick or treating and other things, but they all offer characters. Some of these characters are rare, like Louis from Princess and the Frog. Some wear rare outfits, like Stitch dressed as Elvis at the Poly.

A few years ago my friends and I went on a fun hunt to see how many we could visit.

Would love to join. We'll be at the poly, so i was planning on checking out the monorail resorts, wl and fw.

Are you at a Disney hotel? We drive and just say we'd like to check out the hotel. I think the only ones you'd have an issue at would be a monorail resort. In that case you can pay to valet or park at Ticket and Transportation center and take the monorail.

We will be staying at the Wilderness Lodge on the 31st, so we could use that to visit other hotels?

We will be staying at the Wilderness Lodge on the 31st, so we could use that to visit other hotels?

Yep. Just drive up and say you are staying at the Wilderness Lodge and you'd like to check this hotel out. The guard will most likely scan your magic band and he might ask for your driver's license. Then you can enter.

The only ones you'll have issues with are the monorail resorts (in that case just park at the TTC and take the monorail around). The beach club might or might not let you park there depending on how crowded it is. You might be directed to an overflow lot.

Question...we are staying offsite and I have my party tickets linked to my magic bands. Just realized I forgot to pack them when I switched bags. Is there another way to get our tickets or do I need to buy 3 magic bands now?

Anybody get MNSSHP Survey?

Lots of questions.

It's very cute graphically, purple with pumpkins etc ....
... I thought it strange they asked if I'd like FP+ during the party.

But about spit my drink out when they asked if
I'd rather have HAE fireworks instead of HalloWishes ..... um NO!

Yep. Just drive up and say you are staying at the Wilderness Lodge and you'd like to check this hotel out. The guard will most likely scan your magic band and he might ask for your driver's license. Then you can enter.

Can we have non hotel guests in the car with us? My parents will be there just for the day.

Question...we are staying offsite and I have my party tickets linked to my magic bands. Just realized I forgot to pack them when I switched bags. Is there another way to get our tickets or do I need to buy 3 magic bands now?

Pretty sure that all you would have to do is to check in to any guest services location. At MK you would have to go to the guest service window outside of the park entrance. They would take information from you and hopefully can give you a hard ticket to use for entrance.

I love (LOVE) your family's costumes!
I wanted to get your opinion on the Hallowishes Premium Dessert Party, if you don't mind sharing. I've read on another thread it was awkward, so I'm trying to decide whether to keep it cancel our reservations later this month. Thanks in advance for your assistance!!
We've done the party for HEA and love not having to stake out a spot in advance as I hate crowds LOL! The desserts were yummy and all Halloween themed, which was a nice touch. It was also nice to get off our feet for a bit. We did 2 parties and only did the dessert party for 1. Our 2nd party we grabbed a spot in the Casey's garden about a half hour prior and there was still room, but not much. And we were wall to wall people there, compared to the very empty garden we had at the prior party. The night we did the dessert party was also not a sell out, while our non-dessert party night was. But it was basically the same view we had paid for 2 nights prior, for free. So I don't think the party is "necessary" by any means, but it's a nice splurge, especially if you will be there on a night that will likely sell out. Happy to answer any other questions you may have!

I have another question regarding costumes? If you have accessories to your costume. Where do you put them while on a ride? For example buzz light year wings or fairy wings?

I know I'm replying to an older post here, but when we went to MNSSP, my son went as Happy Dwarf and had a pick-axe accessory that I'd made him out of foam and duct tape. When we rode 7DMT, the video they play as you're loading tells you to put your "shovels, pick-axes, and backpacks under your feet" - so that's what we did! We've been on the ride before but never really paid much attention to the video; we thought it was a little amusing that we actually had a pick-axe this time.

The dwarfs also had some fun with our pick-axe at the M&G. Dopey tried to steal it, and Sleepy wanted to use it as a pillow. It was worth the wait.

PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_405308199150.JPG

I know I'm replying to an older post here, but when we went to MNSSP, my son went as Happy Dwarf and had a pick-axe accessory that I'd made him out of foam and duct tape. When we rode 7DMT, the video they play as you're loading tells you to put your "shovels, pick-axes, and backpacks under your feet" - so that's what we did! We've been on the ride before but never really paid much attention to the video; we thought it was a little amusing that we actually had a pick-axe this time.

The dwarfs also had some fun with our pick-axe at the M&G. Dopey tried to steal it, and Sleepy wanted to use it as a pillow. It was worth the wait.

HOW AWESOME!! What a great experience and memory.

We attended the 10/15 party and had a blast! It was my boyfriends first time, but I have taken my kiddos a few times in the past. We got so many compliments on our costumes that it was unreal! Unlike years I've attended in the past, I just wanted us to go with the flow and not have a strict plan and it turned out great, honestly! We got in at about 3:50, got our trick or treat bags, then headed to Pirates. After that we hopped on Haunted Mansion, got a bite to eat, and then changed into our costumes for the party.
We started trick or treating in Tomorrowland and took a ride on Buzz and TTA then waited in line for Space Mountain, this was DS(5)'s one request and unfortunately it broke down when we got pretty far in line. So we got a FP, went trick or treating some more, got our Haunted Mansion photo op in, and then tried to see if Space Mountain was open yet.. It was not. We went on 7DMT, watched the (amazing as always) Hallowishes, went on Winnie the Pooh, and then figured we would try Space Mountain one more time on the way out, and... it was open!! It was DS's first time and he LOVED it! Overall, even as a sold out night, we had a great time :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter