"Official" 2017 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Boo to You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
In general, what time do characters continue meeting until? Do they go up until the end of the party? I know a CM will usually close down the line before the end, but is it timed so the last guest sees them right before the party ends or do they end a couple hours earlier?

We're only interested in seeing the 7 dwarves and Winnie pooh and friends. We're going to a Tuesday party in mid-september, which historically is one of the emptiest. Should we try to hit up those meets at the beginning or end of the party?

I would line up for one before the party starts, dwarves around 6:15 or Winnie the Pooh around 6:30. That way you don't waste any actual party time while you wait for one.

You might be able to wait until the end of the night and have a short wait, but that is also gambling that their line will be closed and you'll never get to see them.

I would line up before the party starts for one and then line up for the other during the parade that you aren't going to watch.

Looking for suggestions: DD is obsessed with a Nightmare so I'm thinking that'll be our first stop on party night. How long do y'all think the wait will be if I'm in line at like 4:20, considering the walk back there?

Also, with a 3 year old, I figure we'll do the first parade. About when should I nab a seat?

TIA

That's a tough one to say before the parties actually start this year. In year's past, Jack and Sally have started to meet before the actual party starts. So theoretically, you could wait and meet him before the party even starts. But this is hard to say for sure before this year's parties start because they can and do switch the start times around. I might be mistaken, but I believe last year for the Halloween party (might have been Christmas) they didn't start to meet until 7.

So unless you are attending the first party I'd check back here to see what your strategy should be.

For the parade seating it depends on where you want to watch from.

If you want Main Street I'd recommend getting a curb side spot an hour or more before the start.

If you want to watch from Frontierland (my preferred spot because it feels a bit spookier) you could probably wait 45 minutes before the parade starts.

Hi all,

We have ticket's for the first night, 8/25. This will be our first time at the MNSSHP.

I was wondering how long are the waits for rides at the party? (I wanted to have an idea of what to expect in terms of wait times)

Thanks so much, Marina

Most people go to the parties for the party specific activities, so ride wait times are usually low.

I have read several posts on the dining board that stated Beast will not be at BOG to meet with diners after BOG during the party. Has anyone heard that? They said it was listed on the confirmation they received after booking.

I have read several posts on the dining board that stated Beast will not be at BOG to meet with diners after BOG during the party. Has anyone heard that? They said it was listed on the confirmation they received after booking.
My confirmation says that characters will not be available for this meal.....:sad1:

That's interesting about Beast. Was he there meeting at dinner during parties last year? Wonder if he is going to attend the party to do meet and greets this year.

My confirmation says that characters will not be available for this meal.....:sad1:

I was curious about these posts because I believe BOG has never been considered by Disney to be a character meal, probably because the Beast does not come by each table and they never guarantee that he will be there. Sure, enough, I went back to look at our dinner reservation from 4:45 pm last year (party night) and it states:

Reservation must be cancelled at least one day prior to avoid $10 per person cancellation and/or no show fee. Plan to arrive 5 minutes prior to your reservation time to check-in and allow up to 1.5 hours to travel to your destination when using Disney Transportation. Menu items, pricing, and hours are subject to change without notice and 18% gratuity will be automatically applied for parties of 6 or more. This experience is non-Character and requires 1 Table Service Meal when using Disney Dining Plan. Valid Theme Park Admission required. Special seating requests may be done upon arrival at the podium.

Also, if you have ever searched for BoG, you will notice that if you select "Character Experiences" it doesn't show up. Again, because it's not considered character dining by WDW. I would not automatically assume that the beast will not be there simply because it says it's not a a character dining experience.

Last edited:
I was curious about these posts because I believe BOG has never been considered by Disney to be a character meal, probably because the Beast does not come by each table and they never guarantee that he will be there. Sure, enough, I went back to look at our dinner reservation from 4:45 pm last year (party night) and it states:

Reservation must be cancelled at least one day prior to avoid $10 per person cancellation and/or no show fee. Plan to arrive 5 minutes prior to your reservation time to check-in and allow up to 1.5 hours to travel to your destination when using Disney Transportation. Menu items, pricing, and hours are subject to change without notice and 18% gratuity will be automatically applied for parties of 6 or more. This experience is non-Character and requires 1 Table Service Meal when using Disney Dining Plan. Valid Theme Park Admission required. Special seating requests may be done upon arrival at the podium.

Also, if you have ever searched for BoG, you will notice that if you select "Character Experiences" it doesn't show up. Again, because it's not considered character dining by WDW. I would not automatically assume that the beast will not be there simply because it says it's not a a character dining experience.

Thank you! This would be good news. Hopefully Beast will be there!

Thank you! I really hope this is the case. I was hoping we would be able to get a picture with him. I feel better now!!

That's interesting about Beast. Was he there meeting at dinner during parties last year? Wonder if he is going to attend the party to do meet and greets this year.
I beleive BOG closed before 7 on party nights. So it was only in the overlap time during party/regular guests. The one time i went was at 4:50 the other at 5:20.

Ok so I'm a day late with my picture but I did make more progress.

I have finished the pouches, I was going to cut into the back to allow a belt to go through but need to decide on which black belt I'll use first. The peg is just keeping the silver fabric in place whilst it dries (needs 24 hours to dry). I'm glad to be done, I pushed the needle on the stitching through the fabric and the back of the needle slid on my thumb and went down inside my nail :scared1: so painful. I did try a thimble but found it too awkward. Next up is the arm bands, ears and tail.

upload_2017-6-25_20-27-58.png

Also I ordered some fabric from spoonflower.com and the charms are from miniaturesweethk.com and the fabric is from my craft stash. I have some Lilo dress print fabric but I'm waiting on a blue flower clip from eBay to add to it. I'm putting these on headbands to wear to Universal instead of ears. I'm also thinking of getting a galaxy fabric one to do similar to the Kennedy Space Center.

upload_2017-6-25_20-27-32.png

This. It's not listed as a character meal. CMs will tell you on phone not to expect appearance as well, this I nod to since I know BoG isn't listed as a character meal. However, going to back to 2014 & attending MNSSHP & MVMCP, The Beast has always been @ BoG on part nights. My 2 cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!