Official 2017 HHN-27 Thread

When I went to HHN last year, we didn't buy EP. I honestly don't know why. I think when you just start making it rain cash on vacation you feel you have to put your foot down and so I didn't get them. I was very well prepared, went on the Wed after Columbus day (which should have been lowish crowd) and expected to accomplish 2-3 houses. We stayed in the Simpson holding area, had a beer and pretzel and it was great. They let us out a little early and we went to Texas Chain Saw with about a 20 minute wait also very reasonable. We really wanted to see AHS so we hoofed it over to the other side and the line seemed long but was moving....until we hit the warehouse holding area. An airplane hanger of death of just rows of people. It took us forever. All you could do is stare at your phone or count how many people are ahead of you. Then you look at those people doing tours or those that had EP and I smacked myself for not buying the EP. I was so envious, i wanted to be them so bad. Just scanning my express pass like HHN royalty. I read the forums I knew better and I was mentally prepared but not really. We still enjoyed ourselves and walked around and saw Diagon Alley at night which was amazing but I wished we could have gotten 1 more house in. Truthfully we didn't have the energy for another long line or to wait until after midnight when crown levels diminished.

This year my husband said to get the RIP tour. We are waiting for those to open up. We only go for 1 night since we have kiddos that need baby sitting. If you can squeeze it in the budget get it. At the end of the vacation it wouldn't have been that bad. For us, we booked our hotel early, already had our annual passes and dropped the Club Level which opened up over 1K in budget for little extras like volcano bay and/or RIP tour etc.

Question: if you were planning on going Mon, Oct 30th, would you wait to get there and determine wait times before buying express pass or just buy in advance w/tic? It's one of the lowest priced express tics, so leads me to think it's one of the slower nights.

I would wait and buy the ep in the park that evening

It is a work day and Tuesday is also

Might not be that busy unless for a few hours is my guess

Reactions: shh
This year my husband said to get the RIP to

My niece and I did RIP Tour and Unmasking the Horror tour last year after getting great information from Mac.

You will absolutely love the RIP tour. You walk the red carpet as you check in the front of Cafe LaBamba. They had snacks and cute Halloween desserts, soda's( this is all included in year RIP tour)and a cash bar. You get a special HHN lanyard and meet up with your tour guide and fellow tour group folks and off you go. You are taken to the front of the line through every house and we made stops at a couple of private lounges set up with cash cocktail bars during the night. During the tour you are also taken to front of line on selected rides.

Get there early enough to enjoy some snacks and desserts. If your tour starts at 6:30 pm be there at 5:30 or 5:45 to check in. You can enjoy some snacks as the rest of the tour group arrives.

The one thing I would stress to everyone taking the tours is be there on time. If the tour says it's leaving at 6:30 it will leave at 6:30.

Also be kind to your tour guide and tip them. The tour guides at HHN are lovely and they want everyone to have a great time.

We did the RIP tour on September 29th if I remember correctly and that was a Thursday and it was very crowded and lines were very long. We were so glad to not be waiting in those long lines.

This is a Fantastic way for anyone who has limited time at HHN to see every house and have a great time. It's well worth every penny.

For those who have only one or two nights at HHN this is definitely the way to go.

Last edited:
My niece and I did RIP Tour and Unmasking the Horror tour last year after getting great information from Mac.

You will absolutely love the RIP tour. You walk the red carpet as you check in the front of Cafe LaBamba. They had snacks and cute Halloween desserts, soda's( this is all included in year RIP tour)and a cash bar. You get a special HHN lanyard and meet up with your tour guide and fellow tour group folks and off you go. You are taken to the front of the line through every house and we made stops at a couple of private lounges set up with cash cocktail bars during the night. During the tour you are also taken to front of line on selected rides.

Get there early enough to enjoy some snacks and desserts. If your tour starts at 6:30 pm be there at 5:30 or 5:45 to check in. You can enjoy some snacks as the rest of the tour group arrives.

The one thing I would stress to everyone taking the tours is be there on time. If the tour says it's leaving at 6:30 it will leave at 6:30.

Also be kind to your tour guide and tip them. The tour guides at HHN are lovely and they want everyone to have a great time.

We did the RIP tour on September 29th if I remember correctly and that was a Thursday and it was very crowded and lines were very long. We were so glad to not be waiting in those long lines.

This is a Fantastic way for anyone who has limited time at HHN to see every house and have a great time. It's well worth every penny.

For those who have only one or two nights at HHN this is definitely the way to go.

I called 1-866-346-9350 option 1 and asked for VIP booking to book the RIP tour for Oct 11. It is not bookable on the website but you can book it by calling. The AP discount is 10%. I was really glad to get it reserved since that is the only day that I can do it.

I tried to search for this info, but wasn't successful...

Where can I find what attractions operate during HHN? I'm not too crazy about the horror stuff and would rather let my son do that while I wander to safer areas-- if there are any!

I tried to search for this info, but wasn't successful...

Where can I find what attractions operate during HHN? I'm not too crazy about the horror stuff and would rather let my son do that while I wander to safer areas-- if there are any!

I think that'll be out closer to the event. Last year I'm pretty sure a lot of rides were operating I might miss a few but: Rip ride rock it, transformers, escape from gringotts, simpsons, men in black were all operating.

But scarezones are throughout the whole park you won't be able to walk through the park without walking through them.

I think that'll be out closer to the event. Last year I'm pretty sure a lot of rides were operating I might miss a few but: Rip ride rock it, transformers, escape from gringotts, simpsons, men in black were all operating.

But scarezones are throughout the whole park you won't be able to walk through the park without walking through them.

Thanks! That's helpful-something to think about.
Do the Harry Potter rides generally operate or do they close down that area?

I called 1-866-346-9350 option 1 and asked for VIP booking to book the RIP tour for Oct 11. It is not bookable on the website but you can book it by calling. The AP discount is 10%. I was really glad to get it reserved since that is the only day that I can do it.

Thanks for the suggestion, I was able to book the RIP tour for 9/24, now I don't have to obsessively stalk the website to book :)

We just booked our R.I.P. tour for Oct 4. Previously we used the EP during HHN and found the lines to some houses to still be long. We saw that people were doing tours and just walking by. I hate long lines. Looking forward to R.I.P. and truly have a front of the line experience.

We just booked our R.I.P. tour for Oct 4. Previously we used the EP during HHN and found the lines to some houses to still be long. We saw that people were doing tours and just walking by. I hate long lines. Looking forward to R.I.P. and truly have a front of the line experience.

You will absolutely love the RIP Tour

After discussing things with the hubby, decided to go ahead and renew and upgrade our AP's to Premier so that we can get the HHN ticket included with the pass. Plan on using our ticket on a Wednesday (10/11) as it is not considered a 'peak' night. Just bought our Express Passes as we really enjoyed having the ease of moving through the line with no wait. This will be my family's 2nd HHN and I can't wait! We absolutely feel in love with RPR and will be there again after I was able to get a water view room for a really good price. Now i just need to sit back and count the days until our trip and wait for them to reveal the other houses and the scare zones.

Does the Rush of Fear Pass sell out quickly? If I want to go for multiple nights in September are there any better deals that may pop up later?

Ap ticket prices out for hhn

Will start new sticky date thread for hhn soon

It will be a way to connect with others if you are interested

Question: What is the maximum amount of houses one could do in a single night, without EP?

Also, what holding area is the best?

I prefer the Simpsons holding area as plenty of places to sit and large restrooms in that area

Last year did that holding area 3 nights and was not packed
Many won't go there as first houses usually opened early are close to the finnegans holding pen and near the front of the park entrance

If a person goes in a Wednesday and starts from one of the holding areas, they should be able to hit all the houses and still enjoy the scare zones

Thursday is no longer the short regular line wait
But, it has less crowds than Friday- Saturday- Sunday from my past years experiences

Columbus Day weekend usually has crowds Thursday- Sunday

Other weekends are more manageable

You can kind of figure out which weekends will bring in more crowds

What I do is look at the hotel booking site and check date of Thursday - sunday and see what availability is there for all hotels

If the hotels are not sold out on some of the dates you plan on hhn, could be a better night for less waits

Do individual dates and see what is available to book

If you check rpr for Columbus Day weekend period you won't see the standard basic rooms available right now

There are some water view 2 Q available but they cost more than the nonview rooms

I usually do that type of checking to see if my nights will have long line waits

You could easily find that way to help you if you could do all the houses in one night for hhn

I've gone some Wednesday nights where the ep was not needed

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter