******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're correct. Sadly those dates were not included for 2017 and it's not looking good for 2018 either based on the bb offer.

October dates used to be offered in both the bb and general public offers but are not for 2017, nor in the 2018 bb dates.
....I was very disappointed about that, especially since we got FD back in 2014 when we went to F&WF....oh well.....the snack credits were PERFECT for all the kiosks.

You're correct. Sadly those dates were not included for 2017 and it's not looking good for 2018 either based on the bb offer.

October dates used to be offered in both the bb and general public offers but are not for 2017, nor in the 2018 bb dates.

blacked out 10/2/16-11/14/16 too.

....I was very disappointed about that, especially since we got FD back in 2014 when we went to F&WF....oh well.....the snack credits were PERFECT for all the kiosks.
We ended up changing our dates from Oct to Nov to take advantage of FD. Still a bit sad we are not able to do MNSSHP.

We ended up changing our dates from Oct to Nov to take advantage of FD. Still a bit sad we are not able to do MNSSHP.
.....I didn't have the freedom to change my dates, but I'm really glad to be going to MNSSHP [first time]....anyhoo, I guess that I can't complain too much, beings that my DH has almost 1,100 points and I have just under 700 points from our Disney Visas....it'll pay for our room at BWV and leave us with almost $500 for food.....Jiko, here I come!

Hi everyone - we'd appreciate some advice and info about possibly changing reservations. We have free dining for a week, and tomorrow is our last day to pay the remainder of the package. Now today (!!) I just found out that I will have a work conflict during the middle of planned trip. :(
1) Is it possible to shorten the trip now and keep free dining & the same room, just for fewer days, or is it too late to do that?
2) Or, as an alternative, is it possible to change to a room-only for a shorter time, but keep the same room? (It's an accessible room, & there's a disabled person in our party, so we really need to keep the room - and online it's showing none available for our dates when I tried to make a new reservation.)
I will be sad if we can't go at all....even a short trip to the World is better than none! ;-)
Thanks in advance for the help!

Hi everyone - we'd appreciate some advice and info about possibly changing reservations. We have free dining for a week, and tomorrow is our last day to pay the remainder of the package. Now today (!!) I just found out that I will have a work conflict during the middle of planned trip. :(
1) Is it possible to shorten the trip now and keep free dining & the same room, just for fewer days, or is it too late to do that?
2) Or, as an alternative, is it possible to change to a room-only for a shorter time, but keep the same room? (It's an accessible room, & there's a disabled person in our party, so we really need to keep the room - and online it's showing none available for our dates when I tried to make a new reservation.)
I will be sad if we can't go at all....even a short trip to the World is better than none! ;-)
Thanks in advance for the help!
I don't believe anyone here is truly qualified to answer your question as there are so many variables.

I would recommend calling Disney ASAP, explaining your situation and seeing what they can do for you.

I hope you find something that works for you and that you can still go.

Exactly when does it become too late to upgrade from basic to standard DP? I know I have to before arriving but I just wanted to see what the exact time frame was. I am 90% sure we are but 2 reservations I was planning for are still being "difficult" and want to weigh the costs again.

TIA

Exactly when does it become too late to upgrade from basic to standard DP? I know I have to before arriving but I just wanted to see what the exact time frame was. I am 90% sure we are but 2 reservations I was planning for are still being "difficult" and want to weigh the costs again.

TIA
I asked a phone CM, they told us 24 hours before check in. I thought I read on the Disboards it was a few days. We are in the same situation as you. We are still trying to get a few wevreally wanted. I sm hoping once people start to mske FP they wull drop some ADR. Good luck to you!!

TIA

I asked a phone CM, they told us 24 hours before check in. I thought I read on the Disboards it was a few days. We are in the same situation as you. We are still trying to get a few wevreally wanted. I sm hoping once people start to mske FP they wull drop some ADR. Good luck to you!!

I was going to say that the CM is incorrect, but now I'm not so sure. If you're ADDING a dining plan to a package, you have to add it 72 hrs before unless you're DVC, which is 48 hours. But upgrading could be different.

@supersnoop do you know if upgrading dining plan is different from adding??

I was going to say that the CM is incorrect, but now I'm not so sure. If you're ADDING a dining plan to a package, you have to add it 72 hrs before unless you're DVC, which is 48 hours. But upgrading could be different.

@supersnoop do you know if upgrading dining plan is different from adding??
I wouldn’t expect it to be any different. The official policy is 72/48 hours for packages/DVC, respectively.

That said, I have personally witnessed one person add the dining plan at the front desk. I wouldn't count on anything but the official policy.

Same to you!!

I wouldn’t expect it to be any different. The official policy is 72/48 hours for packages/DVC, respectively.

That said, I have personally witnessed one person add the dining plan at the front desk. I wouldn't count on anything but the official policy.
Thanks all Ill just plan to make my choice by final payment

I had in in room offer when I went September to October. But had to book it before I left. No time to think it out or plan. and I might not go in 2018 more likely 2019. They wanted package booked before I left hotel

I had in in room offer when I went September to October. But had to book it before I left. No time to think it out or plan. and I might not go in 2018 more likely 2019. They wanted package booked before I left hotel
....what a shame to be pressured like that....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter