Official 2017 Disneyland Half Marathon Weekend Thread

Just to add one more shuttle story to the mix... We had previously used SuperShuttle a few times to get to and from the airport. Some times it was over crowded and had us at the airport like 3 hours earlier then we would have liked but such is life. My parents in February or March went on a trip to Disneyland with just the two of them. They had SuperShuttle all reserved for the trip back to the airport and were waiting at the hotel it was over an hour late picking them up. They had called the phone number and followed it on the app and the operator assured them they would get to the airport in plenty of time. The Shuttle was very full when it got to their hotel and then it picked up one or two more guests at different hotels. The driver also seemed to get lost for a period of time. Once they got to the airport they had missed their flight. Because it was like 8 or 9 at night the next flight was in the morning. They called SuperShuttle and were told to find a hotel and get a taxi because they didn't have any shuttles available, and they would be refunded if their story checked out. In the end it took about two months and several hours of waiting on hold with customer service to get the refund for the shuttle, the taxi, and the hotel. Needless to say we don't use SuperShuttle any more.

In happier news, my run went great this morning! I'm getting very excited for the race weekend!

Need some advice on getting from SNA to my hotel on Harbor. Used the shuttle service last year, but it seemed quite overpriced and slow with all the people being packed into the van and being one of the last stops. I was thinking that Uber or Lyft might be a better, cheaper and quicker option, but I have never used either service before. Does anyone have any feedback/advice on what the best option might be and what I would need to do to go about setting it up? Thanks!

Uber and Lyft are SOOOO easy at SNA. I've done both - Uber when I've had cash on me for a tip, Lyft when I haven't (the Lyft app allowed you to add tip on in-app the last time I took it and Uber did not).

I almost always carry-on, so I call for an car as I'm taking the escalator down to baggage claim and then walk out to the numbered column that I select on the app (it's really easy to see where they are). I've never waited more than 3-4 minutes for a car to arrive and I've always been to the Fairfield Inn on Harbor in under 20 minutes. Each way has been $15-18 before tip.

My last three trips, I've landed at SNA at 8:15 a.m. and I was outside the gate at the parks waiting to get in for rope drop by 8:40 ... and that's with dropping my bags at the Fairfield, going through bag check (so much easier on the Harbor side) and the 5-minute walk.

Easy peasy lemon-squeezy.

Download the app and go ahead and set-up all your information - both will give you half-off your first ride of the basic service (UberX or Basic Lyft), but you won't need anything more than that. Most drivers in the Anaheim area actually have both apps open waiting to hail a ride, since they generally drive for both.

Uber and Lyft are SOOOO easy at SNA. I've done both - Uber when I've had cash on me for a tip, Lyft when I haven't (the Lyft app allowed you to add tip on in-app the last time I took it and Uber did not).

I almost always carry-on, so I call for an car as I'm taking the escalator down to baggage claim and then walk out to the numbered column that I select on the app (it's really easy to see where they are). I've never waited more than 3-4 minutes for a car to arrive and I've always been to the Fairfield Inn on Harbor in under 20 minutes. Each way has been $15-18 before tip.

My last three trips, I've landed at SNA at 8:15 a.m. and I was outside the gate at the parks waiting to get in for rope drop by 8:40 ... and that's with dropping my bags at the Fairfield, going through bag check (so much easier on the Harbor side) and the 5-minute walk.

Easy peasy lemon-squeezy.

Download the app and go ahead and set-up all your information - both will give you half-off your first ride of the basic service (UberX or Basic Lyft), but you won't need anything more than that. Most drivers in the Anaheim area actually have both apps open waiting to hail a ride, since they generally drive for both.

Thank you for posting this. I will be arriving at John Wayne airport at @ 9 PM and was wondering what the best way to get to the hotel would be. I usually take the DisneyExpress shuttle but it doesn't run that late at night. The prices you quoted makes the private Lyft service cheaper than or exactly in line with the Disney Express.

We are in Disney World right now and we didn't rent a car. For the few times we left property we used Lyft. It has been easy, convenient and reasonably priced.

@mrsg00fy - it's so easy. Just head out to the pick up area. Call your Uber or lyft and tell them what column you're standing under. The most you'll wait is 5 mins and then you're in your way. Love my airport - it's so easy and speedy!

I have used Super Shuttle have had no troubles with the service. Cost return from SNA is $19 return staying at the Anaheim Hilton.

I wonder if purchasing merch at a race expo counts.

If it is I will be surprised considering they are always wanting you to park in the garage. Either way usually I take long enough at the expo that two hours wouldn't be long enough. I'll just pay the fee.

@mrsg00fy - it's so easy. Just head out to the pick up area. Call your Uber or lyft and tell them what column you're standing under. The most you'll wait is 5 mins and then you're in your way. Love my airport - it's so easy and speedy!
Thanks @courtneybeth. My husband and kids are experienced lyft and uber users but this current trip was my first experience with it. I do think that when we come to Disney world that we will no longer rent a car for the few times we leave property. I'm also going to use lyft from SNA to Disneyland.

Not running but Found this interesting on fuel, so no Clif gel but jelly beans. Good to know for anyone counting on on-course fuel that it's different from past races.

Food and Beverage Statons
Nine beverage stations will be set up along the course, offering DASANI® water and POWERADE®. There will be one nutrition stop near Mile 10 where Sports Beans® Jelly Beans will be distributed.

Not running but Found this interesting on fuel, so no Clif gel but jelly beans. Good to know for anyone counting on on-course fuel that it's different from past races.

Food and Beverage Statons
Nine beverage stations will be set up along the course, offering DASANI® water and POWERADE®. There will be one nutrition stop near Mile 10 where Sports Beans® Jelly Beans will be distributed.

Yessss I actually eat those unlike the Cliff gels (I'm a GU girl). Something to look forward too.

Nothing worth panicking about right now, as it's only races they have available for sale at the moment. Just really interesting they didn't even list them at all.

Looking at the half course... is the part after mile marker 2 before you enter disneyland new? Looks like you enter from behind splash mountain. I can't remember entering this way

Looking at the half course... is the part after mile marker 2 before you enter disneyland new? Looks like you enter from behind splash mountain. I can't remember entering this way

I know the last year or two the area was closed due to some of the construction. I thought we used to run to the Convention Center and through the Convention Center. Looks like that's gone for the 10K and Half.

I wonder if it'll stick around for Avengers?

Conspiracy corner: there's no mention of the 2018 Disneyland races. :(

Yeah that legit concerns me. I hope that just means they still haven't sorted out whatever issues they're having but still they need to say something and soon. At least for the sake of the out of town Light Siders.

On other note yeaaah no more having to worry about tripping while running through the convention center.

Only tangentially running related, but DL really needs to get their electronic systems and practices into the 21st century. Came home to find out they sent my vacation package via UPS with an in person signature required! Can't sign the slip so UPS can re-deliver. Can't have it left at a local UPS Store for evening pick up. Must be signed for in person at time of delivery. No way am I taking time off of work just to take delivery of a pair of park tickets!

Called DL and their reason for requiring in person signature is because the tickets are "just like cash". BS. If something happens to the delivery you cancel and reissue the tickets. If you can't do that, your systems need to be moved out of the Stone Age. WDW can send Magic Bands Parcel Post with no issues. The situation is ridiculous.

Ended up calling Disney and they're recalling the package and sending it to the Good Neighbor (not even Disney) hotel for us to pick up when we get there. Not sure how that's any different than redirecting to a UPS Store for pick up here.

Sorry for the rant, but I needed to vent.

Nothing worth panicking about right now, as it's only races they have available for sale at the moment. Just really interesting they didn't even list them at all.
They didn't list Princess either since it's all sold out so yeah probably not worth reading into.

Is Otterbox a new sponsor, I dont' remember ever seeing them listed anywhere before?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter