Official 2017 Disneyland Half Marathon Weekend Thread

74 days out and still no sneak peak at the medals - all of the other races have had theirs well in advance of this timing recently, or am I just getting impatient? (or both! :D)

I think it was August before we got to see the medal designs for last year's DLH. With the race selling out for all intents and purposes, I don't think they're in any rush to get a reveal done since it won't be driving bib sales. I think we're all a bit impatient to see them. DW is going to be upset if they don't put Mike on the medal for her first 10k...

Hi everyone,

I have a photo pass question. According to what I've read you can put your race photos on a memory maker. Has anyone done this? Is it easy if you are running multiple races? I was thinking of buying one for this trip. I've never done a memory maker package before so I am a little nervous.

Thanks
- Becky

Hi everyone,

I have a photo pass question. According to what I've read you can put your race photos on a memory maker. Has anyone done this? Is it easy if you are running multiple races? I was thinking of buying one for this trip. I've never done a memory maker package before so I am a little nervous.

Thanks
- Becky
Yes, it's really easy. There will be a number/letter code in the race program and you enter that into your PhotoPass account just like you would when you get a PhotoPass card from the photographers in the parks.

There are different codes for each race, so the kids races, 5K, 10K and half have different codes. Something like 2017-DL10-Kxxx-xxxx, where the xxxxx is your bib number. Very easy. I think they even put instructions on the backs of the race bibs.

Just know that it's not called Memory Maker at Disneyland (I think it's just called PhotoPass?), and they have daily options and week-long options. I think you can add something like 4 bib numbers per race to one photopass package.

still trying to decide where to go for breakfast after the 5k... probably not going into the parks that day at all. saturday doing the 10k and then taking a quick nap then eat at the hotel and then get ready to open and close the parks with my mom! will do blue bayou for lunch or dinner that day depending on when I can get the reservation.

Yes, it's really easy. There will be a number/letter code in the race program and you enter that into your PhotoPass account just like you would when you get a PhotoPass card from the photographers in the parks.

There are different codes for each race, so the kids races, 5K, 10K and half have different codes. Something like 2017-DL10-Kxxx-xxxx, where the xxxxx is your bib number. Very easy. I think they even put instructions on the backs of the race bibs.

Just know that it's not called Memory Maker at Disneyland (I think it's just called PhotoPass?), and they have daily options and week-long options. I think you can add something like 4 bib numbers per race to one photopass package.

Awesome Thank you so much! I've done the regular photo pass thing for the other races but I've never purchased the packages. I just wanted to make sure it was easy before I spent all that money. Can I purchase the package ahead of time at Disneyland?

Awesome Thank you so much! I've done the regular photo pass thing for the other races but I've never purchased the packages. I just wanted to make sure it was easy before I spent all that money. Can I purchase the package ahead of time at Disneyland?
Yep, for Tink I ordered it from their website (the week-long one for $78 or something) and manged it through the Disneyland app. :)

Does anyone know if the car club people will still be on the half marathon course, and wI'll we still run through the stadium .
Was wondering seeing on Tink there was lack on entertainment on the streets of Anaheim.

Still no medals, but at least I get to start making ADRs this weekend!!

And I think we've finally figured out our "costumes" for the races ... what's everyone thinking about for race outfits?

I know it is Pixar themed but I just like a princess look. (But I am not a fan of the princess half marathon weekend after the madness at that expo the year before last) I finally bought a few SparkleSkirts after seeing so many of you talk about them in these boards. They are so convenient for carrying all the stuff I like to have on hand.

I'm inclined to do either a do a Cinderella or aurora costume for the 10k and maybe a princess inspired look for the half but without any additional accessories or things to fuss with. I plan on a leisurely 10k and an all business half.

Does anyone know if the car club people will still be on the half marathon course, and wI'll we still run through the stadium .
Was wondering seeing on Tink there was lack on entertainment on the streets of Anaheim.
I sure hope they will be there. Those are incredibly fun parts of that course. The first time I ran into angels stadium I started to tear up.

still trying to decide where to go for breakfast after the 5k... probably not going into the parks that day at all. saturday doing the 10k and then taking a quick nap then eat at the hotel and then get ready to open and close the parks with my mom! will do blue bayou for lunch or dinner that day depending on when I can get the reservation.

I would recommend Goofys. Really easy to get to from the finish and you can wait for traffic to clear out if your not staying on property. We've done it several times post race at Disneyland. Both with and without ADRs.

I'm inclined to do either a do a Cinderella or aurora costume for the 10k and maybe a princess inspired look for the half but without any additional accessories or things to fuss with. I plan on a leisurely 10k and an all business half.

Oooooh ... do Sleeping Beauty! Just think of the photo potential in front of the castle!!

We're doing Monsters U. Cheer Squad of the 10K - because it's Monsters Inc.-themed.
And then we're going to be Andy's Toys for the Half - again, because Toy Story Half!

Still no medals, but at least I get to start making ADRs this weekend!!

And I think we've finally figured out our "costumes" for the races ... what's everyone thinking about for race outfits?

I'm hoping the 5k has picture stops because I'm going to dress up as moana and i would love some pics with the on course entertainment.

Here's the costume in progress:

IMG_5552.jpg

Still need to sew the skirt and sash but the shirt is done!

10k and half yet to be determined. Probably some raw threads racer tank and a sparkle skirt as usual. Maybe be Elsa and Ursula.

I'm in for the 10K!
I ordered all the supplies I'll need for my costume. Although I love Pixar, I'm not huge into Monsters Inc. so I've opted to go as a more "classic" Disney character. Hopefully it won't be too difficult.

I also have my breakfast and diner reservations made for after the 10K! I think it should be a fun weekend!

Two days of ADRs down, two to go! So far, no problems getting everything right when reservations open!

Tomorrow will be the real challenge as we have a MUCH larger group and extremely specific times to shoot for ... fingers crossed!

reservations so far:
You all convinced me to try Goofys so thats where I will be friday after the 5k for breakfast.

Saturday afternoon I will be at Blue Bayou!

hoping to get into Club 33 again. Just have to check with my friend who is a member =)

costume wise....

still trying to decide if i want to be edna mode or frozone...

10k its between Boo or just decking out in Oozma Kappa/MU gear.

Last edited:
Five days down, one to go!

Ended up adding an extra day, so I've got these things planned:

Wednesday:
Walk in Walt's Footsteps Tour
Tomorrowland Skyline Lounge Experience

Thursday:
World of Color Dessert Party

Friday:
Minnie's Breakfast at the Plaza Inn

Saturday:
Cafe Orleans Lunch (come at me, monte cristo and pomme frites!)
Wine County Trattoria Dinner

Sunday:
Steakhouse 55 Brunch
Carthay Circle Dinner

Just gotta leave a voicemail for Napa Rose Chef's Counter in the morning, and I'll be all set!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!