"Official" 2015 MNSSHP thread

Went last night. Thanks to this post I got everything I wanted! Great spot for Hallowishes, front row for the hocus pocus show and then a great spot to see the parade. Best yet was getting photos in front of the castle and my boyfriend proposed! It was truly the most magical night.

Wow congrats!!!!!!! Halloween magic for sure!

We had a good time on Halloween. Our only regret is that we somehow took only ONE photo, we didn't really get any good photos of the costumes I worked hard on for my kids. So all we have is the one magic **** at the haunted mansion, not even the hitch hiking ghosts! I am pretty sad about it but we just had a wonderful animal kingdom day so I am letting it go. One of our issues was the oart wa our first day here, and I have av ECV, my husband has a stroller and our older daughter had to walk next to one of us. The problem is the crowds, and the stress I was under trying to navigate the ECV in them. It was almost enough to give me a proper anxiety attack but I kept calm. We didn't get a pin or the zero bucket.
We arrived later than we wanted at 4:20 or so, because.....kids. We rode Peter Pan, small world, ate at Columbia harbor house. We ended up watching the first parade in liberty square, got there 30 min before the parade so not too bad. Lived the parade! We went over to the castle to see the hocus pocus show and had decent spots near the front, we moved back as far as we could until the crowds stopped moving for the fireworks, where the heck did the ore show go? That was wierd they announced it then...nothing. We broke through the crowds after 20 min of effort (and lots of helpful people trying to help all the wheelchairs and ECVs get through) and headed to tomorrowland. We got lots of candy, danced with Mike, sully and boo. We went over to peek at jack and Sally, more TOT, saw Minnie, do and and daisy. We did not wait in line....we rode dumbo, I know we rode a few other rides at some point too. Everything was a walk on that we attempted. Oh ah the little mermaid. I noticed mine train was 40 min and soace mountain 5. Nt bad for a sold out oarty I thougt? The line for jack and Sally was an hour at 11 pm so we made our way out slowly, doing the completely deserted treat trail back to Main Street. It took us 90 mon to get back to POP. It's a miracle we made it to a great animal kingdom day today! Overall we loved the parade, hocus pocus show and the fireworks...I think the fireworks are the best I have ever seen. Granted I am not usually into them, and in NYc where we live they are cool on the fourth but lack creativity. We definitely had some stress and I am still kicking myself over the photos. It wasn't possible for us to do things like try a cupcake, do magic shots on moan street, basically anything on Main Street...because do the crowds and our particular situation. I feel like people who are more able and have no little ones might have been able weave it not he crowd and do more. It was worth going, I am happy we did, and while we won't probably ever be able to go again I do think it was worth the money and effort.

We were there last night too. Crowds were better than I expected. Found a good place for the fireworks and rides were walk on after 830 or so. Disappointed they didn't do The pre-fireworks castle show, which was advertised but didn't happen. Also didn't see Zero to start the fireworks, which we were really looking forward to.
Bummer about Celebrate the Magic, sounds like a technical problem for sure. But Zero is at Disneyland not Disneyworld (except for the elusive popcorn buckets lol)

Bummer about Celebrate the Magic, sounds like a technical problem for sure. But Zero is at Disneyland not Disneyworld (except for the elusive popcorn buckets lol)
Ahh, thanks for the clarification on Zero. Anyway, we had a good time at the party, despite some of the technical issues.

We attended party last night as well....they did have the celebrate the magic about 10 min before the fireworks. Candy lines that we saw in tomorrow land and Petes Silly Side Show were crazy long and we didn't bother with those, however we did the candy trail that went from the Fantasy Land railroad thru to Tomorrow Land there were several candy stations with NO lines and CMs gave large handfuls of candy!!! We also attended the Hallowishes Premium Dessert Party. There were piles of candy on each table along with a Dragon mug. We did several rides with short or no waits. Rode POTC sat in 2nd row and got soaked! Parade was wonderful as was Hocus Pocus Show! Halloween fireworks were our favorite!

We enjoyed the MNSSHP but I definitely would not do the Premium event again...

We attended party last night as well....they did have the celebrate the magic about 10 min before the fireworks. Candy lines that we saw in tomorrow land and Petes Silly Side Show were crazy long and we didn't bother with those, however we did the candy trail that went from the Fantasy Land railroad thru to Tomorrow Land there were several candy stations with NO lines and CMs gave large handfuls of candy!!! We also attended the Hallowishes Premium Dessert Party. There were piles of candy on each table along with a Dragon mug. We did several rides with short or no waits. Rode POTC sat in 2nd row and got soaked! Parade was wonderful as was Hocus Pocus Show! Halloween fireworks were our favorite!

We enjoyed the MNSSHP but I definitely would not do the Premium event again...

Was the celebrate the magic show the same as the normal show? If so, we've seen that one before and not a huge issue that they didn't do it on Halloween.

I went last night and loved it! I didn't ride many rides, didn't do any character meets but I did hit all the candy trails and I saw all the specialty entertainment (parade, Hocus Pocus show and Hallowishes) ... and they were easily worth the cost of the party ticket. Kudos to everyone in entertainment at MK for an amazing job for Halloween! Can't wait until Sunday to see what you do for MVMCP!

We were there last night too. Crowds were better than I expected. Found a good place for the fireworks and rides were walk on after 830 or so. Disappointed they didn't do The pre-fireworks castle show, which was advertised but didn't happen. Also didn't see Zero to start the fireworks, which we were really looking forward to.

Zero doesn't start the fireworks at WDW; he's in Disneyland.

ETA: I see someone else already noted this. :flower1:

We attended Oct 31 party. My 5th MNSSHP in the last 4 years (did back to back ones with Soiree last year) and first actually on Halloween. I was originally going to get in line for Jack/Sally just after 4 but decided it was too hot after baking several days in the parks so we took a longer pool break then used some anytime FPs (room MB mega access issues at Poly, the second of our split resort stay) for Peter Pan and Mine Train before our 5:30p Plaza - no appetizers or dessert so pretty quick and wondrously cool - my sister thought much too cold. Caught the Cadaver Dans 7:15p set. So great that their times are now on the schedule. Loved the Hocus Pocus show. Were 3 rows back for both the 8p and midnight ones. I finally watched it last week for the first time. Got to the hub a few minutes before the Castle Projection show was scheduled and sad they didn't do it with no explanation. Plenty of space in the new hub (love the new hub) to watch the fireworks. Didn't feel crowded at all. Watched the second parade in Frontierland. Only did the Riverboat ToT spot before the parade, walk through. Asked for and kindly got just chocolate. The other guests' costumes were amazing and we really enjoyed people watching all night. Our favorites were the Sleeping Beauty group with 3 guys decked out as the fairies with their little red/green/blue hats and then the 3 little pigs/Red Riding Hood/Wolf family. Space Mountain was closed and the lights on - cool to see the inside when we rode PeopleMover. We also rode Haunted Mansion, Buzz, Carousel, Philharmagic, BTMRR, and Speedway as we'll only do that at night and my sister loves to laugh at my difficulties getting the car to steer. Lucked out and had another car to race with next to us the whole way with both taking turns in the lead. I've met most of the other characters previous years so this was mostly a laid back evening. Magic shots with ghosts on Main St on the way out. Caught first monorail after arrival at the station. Happy for the extra hour sleep with the time change.

We attended Oct 31 party. My 5th MNSSHP in the last 4 years (did back to back ones with Soiree last year) and first actually on Halloween. I was originally going to get in line for Jack/Sally just after 4 but decided it was too hot after baking several days in the parks so we took a longer pool break then used some anytime FPs (room MB mega access issues at Poly, the second of our split resort stay) for Peter Pan and Mine Train before our 5:30p Plaza - no appetizers or dessert so pretty quick and wondrously cool - my sister thought much too cold. Caught the Cadaver Dans 7:15p set. So great that their times are now on the schedule. Loved the Hocus Pocus show. Were 3 rows back for both the 8p and midnight ones. I finally watched it last week for the first time. Got to the hub a few minutes before the Castle Projection show was scheduled and sad they didn't do it with no explanation. Plenty of space in the new hub (love the new hub) to watch the fireworks. Didn't feel crowded at all. Watched the second parade in Frontierland. Only did the Riverboat ToT spot before the parade, walk through. Asked for and kindly got just chocolate. The other guests' costumes were amazing and we really enjoyed people watching all night. Our favorites were the Sleeping Beauty group with 3 guys decked out as the fairies with their little red/green/blue hats and then the 3 little pigs/Red Riding Hood/Wolf family. Space Mountain was closed and the lights on - cool to see the inside when we rode PeopleMover. We also rode Haunted Mansion, Buzz, Carousel, Philharmagic, BTMRR, and Speedway as we'll only do that at night and my sister loves to laugh at my difficulties getting the car to steer. Lucked out and had another car to race with next to us the whole way with both taking turns in the lead. I've met most of the other characters previous years so this was mostly a laid back evening. Magic shots with ghosts on Main St on the way out. Caught first monorail after arrival at the station. Happy for the extra hour sleep with the time change.

Ha! We were in line for Space Mountain when it broke down. Asked how long it would be and the CM couldn't say so we left. As we were walking out they announced they were shutting it down and everyone should leave. Also on Pirates when it broke about 30 minutes earlier. Agree that there was plenty of room to watch Hocus Pocus/fireworks. We were immediately behind the fence circling the first garden (daughter was in a wheelchair due to an ankle injury) and wasn't particularly crowded, though took some time to get out of that area when fireworks ended. I was surprised by how much I enjoyed the Hocus Pocus show - Facilier was great. Thought the show was definitely better than Hallowishes, which was better than the normal fireworks show. We also were disappointed they didn't do the castle show.

Other than Pirates/Space Mountain breaking we had a lot of luck with rides. We walked on Splash Mtn, Buzz Lightyear (x2), Pirates (then it broke), and Big Thunder. We also enjoyed the people watching. Best costumes we saw were a very, very good Mary Poppins, a good Darth Maul and imperial officer, a good Mad Hatter and a good Jafar.

Went to last nights party. While it was crowded I didn't think it was out of control at all. It was drizzly and damp pretty much all night. However it was still very warm and super muggy, so I was glad I went with a minimal costume.

View attachment 131484

I'm probably not the best example as I went solo and I wasn't trying to get pictures or ride fantasyland rides like PP, but here's what I did.

I got there and got in line which was let in at 3:45. Went and got my SotMK cards. I hung at the emporium to get a pin (no logo pins), got the Maleficent pin and bought one of the Mystery boxes (Maleficent/Scar).

I then headed for 7DMT since my FPs were 3:30/4:30/5:30. I also did stand by for rides including Splash and Buzz in between my other FPs, which were PoC and HM.

I hadn't wanted to mess with trying to get a meal so I got something at the resort beforehand, and did have a snack of fries at a mostly empty Caseys. I also stopped around 6:30 and got an ice water and sat at Pecos Bills which was mobbed.

Announcements were made and every single line I went into had people checking for wristbands and I consistantly saw CMs asking people including children to lift costumes so that their bands showed. The were also CMs stationed at entry points to each land that were looking.

Once 7 rolled around I did ToT. I hit all the spots once and looped a couple that were short lines including Space Mountain where the was no line to speak of. I did that twice in less than a minute. Guess no one likes yogurt covered cranberries. I was also surprised that I could loop the Werthers spot twice in about the same time. I did not get any Carmel Apple ones but that's okay cause I prefer the regular ones which is what I got. One tip Avoide the White Shirts. Regular workers were passing out handfuls, some big some small, but the managers were handing out just a couple of pieces at a time. A nice haul and it will mostly go to work to fill the stash that I keep in my desk for my coworkers.

View attachment 131480

I finished my loop in Tomorrow land just about the time of the 1st parade. This was the only time I found the crowds to be evident. My original plan was to do the second parade in Frontierland but since I was there I just watched the first one. I was probably 5 back and while not ideal, I could see and it set me up to walk across and get a rail spot (to have something to lean against) in front of the castle for the HP show and fire works.

It had been sprinkling/drizzling pretty steady so the HP show was cancelled. Celebrate the Magic castle show happened (hadn't really planned on that but it was great) and I had a great view of it.

View attachment 131481

View attachment 131482

I also recognized a Disney blogging couple from the UK that I follow (krispysmore) so took a selfie even though I was looking a bit like a drowned rat by that time.

View attachment 131487

I was worried about the fireworks being cancelled but they weren't. Again I just stayed at my rail and watched from the castle.

View attachment 131483

After that I was thinking either another ToT loop or rides and see if HP got to run later, but while checking my phone for the time I realized three different family members had been calling my phone (father was in the midst of a medical emergency) so I decided to call it a night so I could start looking at flights just in case. Luckily he stabilized so I didn't have to fly home today.

All in all I had a great time (even with my night being cut short). I don't know that I would do it again (and I'm pretty sure that I wouldn't pay to do MVMCP) as I think I would see it as a been there done that kind of thing. I would however suggest that it's one of those events that everyone should do at least once and I'd recommend it to others.

Hey! I saw you that night! We had the same shirt on. he he. You didnt see me in my costume i dont think, but I was dressed as ketchup and my friend was mustard.

A few things I was disappointed about that night..one or two of the HP show was cancelled....although they did run it at midnight. I only stayed to watch a bit of it though. And also there was no headless horseman during the parade due to the rain. Boo. :( But overall, it was a great night. I got a ton of candy! A ridiculous amount actually. After the fireworks the crowd died down quite a bit. So i took the opportunity to do more trick or treating. It was great!!

Throughout the whole party I honestly didnt have a single cast member ask to see my wrist band. Probably because i had short sleeves on and it was showing. HA!

It was pretty crowded, but I honestly found the regular night at mk (friday Oct 30) to be way more crowded. I know why. That week, MNSSHP was on tues/thurs/sat/sunday. So naturally since MK was open til 11pm on the friday, of course its going to be insanely crowded. I'll have to rethink my future plans.

Hey! I saw you that night! We had the same shirt on. he he. You didnt see me in my costume i dont think, but I was dressed as ketchup and my friend was mustard.

A few things I was disappointed about that night..one or two of the HP show was cancelled....although they did run it at midnight. I only stayed to watch a bit of it though. And also there was no headless horseman during the parade due to the rain. Boo. :( But overall, it was a great night. I got a ton of candy! A ridiculous amount actually. After the fireworks the crowd died down quite a bit. So i took the opportunity to do more trick or treating. It was great!!

Throughout the whole party I honestly didnt have a single cast member ask to see my wrist band. Probably because i had short sleeves on and it was showing. HA!

It was pretty crowded, but I honestly found the regular night at mk (friday Oct 30) to be way more crowded. I know why. That week, MNSSHP was on tues/thurs/sat/sunday. So naturally since MK was open til 11pm on the friday, of course its going to be insanely crowded. I'll have to rethink my future plans.

I got a few comments on that shirt. Were you at POP in the MK line that night cause I saw someone in line with the same shirt. (which by the way is $7.99 on Disney store online today but only available in 3X or 4X). I ended up really liking that shirt, I'm not too much into 'costume' type stuff but this was a great choice for me. I missed the headless horseman as well I was kind of looking forward to it. I wasn't too bummed about the HP show, I'd watched a stream of it and thought it was just okay.

I really only regret two things, that they were out of logo pins and that I forgot to go get a picture with BOOK.:mad: I totally forgot.

I kind of wished I had gone back to ToT some more but only because I've ended up loving those stupid little Peanut Chews. Holy cow those are great! I got quite a few and have been putting one in my lunch bag everyday. I may have to go online to find them.

Mustard and Ketchup is a cute idea. I saw quite a few people with the felt food costumes (slices of pizza and hot dogs). You must have fit right in. HAHA.

I got a few comments on that shirt. Were you at POP in the MK line that night cause I saw someone in line with the same shirt. (which by the way is $7.99 on Disney store online today but only available in 3X or 4X). I ended up really liking that shirt, I'm not too much into 'costume' type stuff but this was a great choice for me. I missed the headless horseman as well I was kind of looking forward to it. I wasn't too bummed about the HP show, I'd watched a stream of it and thought it was just okay.

I really only regret two things, that they were out of logo pins and that I forgot to go get a picture with BOOK.:mad: I totally forgot.

I kind of wished I had gone back to ToT some more but only because I've ended up loving those stupid little Peanut Chews. Holy cow those are great! I got quite a few and have been putting one in my lunch bag everyday. I may have to go online to find them.

Mustard and Ketchup is a cute idea. I saw quite a few people with the felt food costumes (slices of pizza and hot dogs). You must have fit right in. HAHA.
Yes, that was most likely me in line at pop!!! :yay: I love the shirt too. Perfect for halloween!! But mine wasnt as cheap as yours...im Canadian. :guilty:

I didnt think the show was that great either. I did pretty much everything else I wanted. I wouldve loved to seen the headless horseman but no big deal, I saw him last mnsshp I attended.

I cant believe how much candy I got! A good variety too! And i agree, the peanut chews are awesome!

Some of the costumes were pretty amazing. Always a ton of fun at MNSSHP. :goodvibes

We went on 10/29 after the reports here I was nervous also the first sold out party we have gone to. To be honest the lines weren't that bad were able to get spots to see everything with little to no wait at all. We also meet a few characters and didn't wait more than 10 min even the dwarfs line wasn't that bad. The trick or treating line seem longer than other years but it moved fast. Big difference that we notice that there was no announcement at all. Also we didn't encounter even one of the cm chains like they use to have now they had a rope by the hub covering most of the entrance and just one or 2 cms checking. Much easier to stay than other years. I did see a couple of people without wristbands waiting for the parade, I made a point to check and didn't really notice many more people without wristbands. Also there was more people wearing costumes than previous years and more people by 4pm there.

I went to the October 29 party as well and entered a little after 7pm. I did encounter a CM chain just where Main Street ends. I heard them saying "We're sweeping...now!". I enjoyed the party as it was my first and didn't seem too crowded to me. Next time, I'm choosing an easier costume, though. No having to glue things onto me.

I went to the October 29 party as well and entered a little after 7pm. I did encounter a CM chain just where Main Street ends. I heard them saying "We're sweeping...now!". I enjoyed the party as it was my first and didn't seem too crowded to me. Next time, I'm choosing an easier costume, though. No having to glue things onto me.

oooh what did you dress as? I'm trying to get inspiration for when we go next year :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!