"Official" 2015 MNSSHP thread

I'm hoping this plays out and we can still dress for the Halloween party nights. It's a long time from now, so hoping! I guess I'll hold off on making our costumes. We will still attend one party, but it won't be as fun if we cannot dress up. (2 adults, no kids)

I did get a reply to my email:

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about recent policy changes at the Walt Disney World® Resort.

Nothing is more important to us than the safety of our Guests and Cast members. Keeping this priority in mind, we have a comprehensive approach to security designed to keep our properties safe. The change to our costume policy for Guests ages 14 and older further strengthens our existing practices. The new costume policy update allows our security personnel to more effectively visually screen Guests at the Theme Parks.

We understand that many of our Guests appreciate becoming part of our stories, and apologize for any disappointment the costume policy change may have on your experience at our properties. Remember that while full costumes are not permitted, you are welcome to dress in the spirit of your favorite characters within policy. For more information on our park rules and regulations, visit https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/park-rules/.

We remain committed to providing you with a safe and memorable visit and look forward to hosting you at one of our properties very soon.

If you have questions or need further assistance, feel free to contact us.

Sadly I got that same cookie-cutter reply. I think they just looked for the word "costume" and sent this as a catch-all reply.

Either way, I am not buying this "safety of our Guests and Cast members" is a "priority" excuse. Kids aren't always innocent, and what's stopping someone from smuggling something under a kid's costume? Also, Adam Lanza did not wear a costume. Nor did Richard Reid, Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab, Seung-Hui Cho, the Tsarnaev brothers, Elliot Rodger, Wade Michael Page... Those guys all managed to sneak bombs and/or guns to where they attacked undetected. And "while full costumes are not permitted, you are welcome to dress in the spirit of your favorite characters" (read: Disneybound)? Some Disneybound outfits can still potentially conceal something, too (not to mention that whole bit reeks of a cop-out on their part).

Also, the more restrictions they put on adults but not kids, the more it feels like Disney is forgetting what their own founder said. "You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter