Offer up selling ?’s

dreamin_disney

DIS Veteran
My Dd just started selling her stuff on OfferUp. She’s made about $110.00 so far. She’s trying to make some money before heading back to college and finally decluttering her room lol!

I will also start adding a few of my things on there since it’s my account . I’ll also sell her stuff while she’s away at college.

What the best way to get more sales or get more views without having
To pay fees? She leaves in 3 weeks and hopefully can make another $100-$200. Plus it’s time for us to start getting rid of stuff we no longer use or need. Plus extra cash is always good😊
Thanks in advance

You can update the listing/change the text a bit and it should move it toward the top of a search. You can also add more pics or use better lighting. Also, decide if you want to price things to sell quickly or make the most profit. Last summer we were selling lots of kids clothes. In our area people were pricing things at $2 or more per item. We priced our stuff lower, 15 items for $10.

You can update the listing/change the text a bit and it should move it toward the top of a search. You can also add more pics or use better lighting. Also, decide if you want to price things to sell quickly or make the most profit. Last summer we were selling lots of kids clothes. In our area people were pricing things at $2 or more per item. We priced our stuff lower, 15 items for $10.
Is there a charge for updating info? My dd has 391 items listed🤦🏽‍♀️ And she has more stuff to get rid of. She leaves in two weeks so hopefully she sells another $100 worth. I’ll take over selling when she leaves. Anything to help her get rid of stuff lol!
Thanks for your help

Is there a charge for updating info? My dd has 391 items listed🤦🏽‍♀️ And she has more stuff to get rid of. She leaves in two weeks so hopefully she sells another $100 worth. I’ll take over selling when she leaves. Anything to help her get rid of stuff lol!
Thanks for your help

There was no charge for updating the listing last summer. We haven't posted anything for about a year. 391 items is a lot to manage. If you are going to take over for her when she goes back to school, I'd ask her to make a spreadsheet of every item, the list price and the lowest price she would take. Also, try to get her to organize/label the items so you can easily find them once they sell.

There was no charge for updating the listing last summer. We haven't posted anything for about a year. 391 items is a lot to manage. If you are going to take over for her when she goes back to school, I'd ask her to make a spreadsheet of every item, the list price and the lowest price she would take. Also, try to get her to organize/label the items so you can easily find them once they sell.
I told her she needs to get boxes and organize her stuff and label it or I won’t find anything. Good idea on spread sheet.
I would also list stuff on Facebook Martketplace. It has a huge audience and is free.
I told dd she can add a few things on Fb sell group but not until Christmas break.
Is a Facebook Market place a private group or does it automatically go on your personal page? My sisters friend is on my page and her stuff is always showing up on my page. I don’t mind selling dd’s stuff but I don’t want it in my page. I don’t want to annoy my friends list and prefer it be a private group

I told dd she can add a few things on Fb sell group but not until Christmas break.
Is a Facebook Market place a private group or does it automatically go on your personal page? My sisters friend is on my page and her stuff is always showing up on my page. I don’t mind selling dd’s stuff but I don’t want it in my page. I don’t want to annoy my friends list and prefer it be a private group
First let's get a few terms correct here. Personal page is your wall which is different than your news feed. Personal page is generally where you post your status updates etc. Your news feed is personal to you and shows things that your friends and family post to their wall and your news feed also has suggestions of things that may be of interest to you, like news story or stupid memes from celebrities. There are several reasons you could be seeing your sister's sale post. One is she is posting to FB Marketplace and also checking the box that says post to my wall. Two is you and her belong to the same private FB selling group. Most FB private groups have a setting that automatically is defaulted (but can be changed) to always notify/show posts by friends. If it is a private group then it will only ever be seen by members of that group and private group posts will never show up in the news feed of non-member friends/family, nor will it ever appear on your wall/page.

I belong to several private groups and have most set to show me posts from friends who also belong because I like seeing what they are selling but that is a personal preference. FB Marketplace is completely different. As long as you don't check the box then you won't annoy your friends. Selling 300 items is a lot. I would start listing that stuff now, especially if it is new or like-new clothes. Folks are looking for back to school clothes now.

Below are a few screenshots. The first is a from a private group and the second is from Marketplace.

First let's get a few terms correct here. Personal page is your wall which is different than your news feed. Personal page is generally where you post your status updates etc. Your news feed is personal to you and shows things that your friends and family post to their wall and your news feed also has suggestions of things that may be of interest to you, like news story or stupid memes from celebrities. There are several reasons you could be seeing your sister's sale post. One is she is posting to FB Marketplace and also checking the box that says post to my wall. Two is you and her belong to the same private FB selling group. Most FB private groups have a setting that automatically is defaulted (but can be changed) to always notify/show posts by friends. If it is a private group then it will only ever be seen by members of that group and private group posts will never show up in the news feed of non-member friends/family, nor will it ever appear on your wall/page.

I belong to several private groups and have most set to show me posts from friends who also belong because I like seeing what they are selling but that is a personal preference. FB Marketplace is completely different. As long as you don't check the box then you won't annoy your friends. Selling 300 items is a lot. I would start listing that stuff now, especially if it is new or like-new clothes. Folks are looking for back to school clothes now.

Below are a few screenshots. The first is a from a private group and the second is from Marketplace.
View attachment 426192

View attachment 426193
Thank you😊

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!