• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Off-Site Yea's and Nay's

J&D

<font color=red>Tag Fairy's Tag Assistant!<br><fon
We will be visiting WDW Dec. 26-30. We would like suggestions on a good off-site hotel for 4 adults, preferably in the $50-$75 price range, and close to WDW. We don't need a fancy hotel with a lot of amenities, just a clean place to sleep for a few hours. We have tried getting rooms at All Stars, but they are all booked up for those dates. We would also like to hear about any off-site hotels we should avoid at all costs.

Thank You! :bounce:

How about a nice resort, Try Tropical Palms Fun Suites. They have private cabins that can sleep quite a few people. We have stayed there and been very pleased, Rates are good. Depending on the size cabin you need from 50 to 90 dollars per night. They have a website, check it out.:wave:

Thanks Tinker Pixie!

Just checked out their website. The place looks great, but the prices ranged from $109-139 for our dates. We could stay on-site for that price.

Thanks again! :)

There is a Holiday Inn Maingate that we've stayed at that was simple but clean and well located. It's been many years since we stayed there though. I believe that this one is on this website too under Orlando Hotel Discounts. Hopefully, someone will post who's been there more recently but I've always had good luck with Holiday Inn.

Last year we stayed at the Howard Johnson Maingate West and the entire property/our room was very clean, comfortable, and well maintained; friendly staff also. We payed $52 a night and the last time I checked they were offering at similar price www.orlandohojomaingate.com

Also, right up from here there is the Comfort Suites Maingate Resort built not too long ago that was also available for $53 a night at www.hotelchoice.com You can also check on that site for the fairly new Comfort Suites Maingate East I believe for prices.

There is also Sheraton Four Points Lakeside on this same street but I am not familiar with what they're specific rates are www.fourpointslakeside.com

The Hampton Inn Maingate West will probably be within your range of price too www.hamptoninnmaingatewest.com

All of these are very close and convenient to Disney and have read several great ongoing reviews about these.

Hope this helps; have a great time.

We've stayed at Courtyard By Marriot WDW Village - very nice hotel - in DD. Also, Radisson LBV - when we were there AAA was running a special of two nights for $99. Holiday Inn Nikki Bird was in the middle of the construction on 192 and the rooms were small, but nicely decorated and very clean. They had a nice pool/jacuzzi area. Also, we stayed at the Renaissance World Gate further down 192. That was a nice hotel - I think they were running a special for AAA $89 when we were there. You can also take the back way onto WDW property - thus avoiding the construction. Most of these rooms, I stayed at using Priceline - but I kept an eye out for other specials to make sure we were getting a good deal. Enjoy your trip! :wave:

Last September we stayed at a Sleep Inn on 192 that was very nice. It was fairly new, had a queen size bed, large walk in shower, mini ref., microwave and continental breakfast. It was very clean and had inside corridors. We paid $34 a night with a coupon from Roomsavers.com.

If you are looking for a reasonable place to stay off-site, I would try www.priceline.com You can get some very good deals on off-site hotels. For bidding information, check out www.biddingfortravel.com This site has a wealth of information on bidding with Priceline. Scroll down to the Orlando/WDW link and see the deals others have gotten. I have used them about 10-12 times and have never been disappointed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter