Off-site Restaurants

rocky41102

Mouseketeer
We are staying at Hard Rock the last week of March. We will have a car and I'm wondering what restaurants are nearby and easy to drive to that may be cheaper than City Walk and the parks? We don't want to drive far, but I figure I have the car so I might as well use it. My kids are not into fancy eating, so even fast food will work.

There's a few restaurants on site we're going to so it'd be nice to save on other meals. Extra money for park treats, donuts, and ice cream!

We always hit up CiCi's for their Pizza buffet. The place is the absolute opposite of classy but it's super cheap (there's usually groupon's floating around for it), I find the variety of Pizza to be good and tasty, and my kids absolutely love it. It's only about a 5 minute drive give or take from the resort.

I'm not familiar with what's around but wanted to mention there are several quick service options (including a Burger King) at City Walk. We don't find them to be overpriced. Places like Red Oven have portions big enough to share as well.

I have a deep love for CiCi's. No one in the rest of my family will eat there, it's my guilty pleasure.

I've read many of @schumigirl's trip reports as she and Tom go all over Orlando and the surrounding areas as part of their travels. Many of the restaurants on our list came directly from reading her reports. The refrain when we go will be well Carole and Tom ate here and said it was good…

The other thing I hope to do is hit Aldi/Publix for some breakfast items. I'd much rather spend our in park food budget on butterbeer and snacks.

We'll probably hit up Cici's for sure. I personally don't like their pizza but my kids love that place!

And Millers does sound good from the menu.

There is a plaza close to the intersection of Apopka-Vineland and I4 that has a number of places to eat. It's an easy drive from WBC, between WDW and USF. As of last June, they had a Fuddruckers and a sit-down Mexican place, McDonald's, Noodles & Co, Moe's. We eat there every visit. It's easy to get into, and getting out is a bit more of a chore, but there is a Gooding's market so we can eat and then get things to take back. Crossroads at Lake Buena Vista is the name of the complex.

OMG, I just googled and they're closing it to make way for I4!?!?! It's kind of our go-to place to eat!

OK, over my shock. We also eat other places - there is a Wendy's and a Chick'fil'A less than 10 min from Animal Kingdom, on the way to the Walmart we typically shop at. There are loads of restaurants on Hwy 192, which is another place we typically end up. It's not a bad drive from WBC, and they have most fast food places and a number of sit-down restaurants as well.

We have really good luck with Google maps finding us places nearby.

OK, over my shock. We also eat other places - there is a Wendy's and a Chick'fil'A less than 10 min from Animal Kingdom, on the way to the Walmart we typically shop at. There are loads of restaurants on Hwy 192, which is another place we typically end up. It's not a bad drive from WBC, and they have most fast food places and a number of sit-down restaurants as well.

We have really good luck with Google maps finding us places nearby.

The OP will be at Universal and wants some place close to there.

OP, there are lots of places close by. I would probably mainly stick with some of the cheaper places in City Walk. I had a whopper at the Whopper Bar last year and it was the best whopper I can ever remember having. I think it was because they were so busy, Everything was super duper fresh. And surprisingly very little wait. They were moving people thru the line very efficiently.

The bread box is also good. There is a pizza place that is surprisingly good.

To be honest, I find the prices in city walk to be good. Not as expensive as I would have thought at all.

Since you will have a car, I do also recommend google maps. That way you can see what is in the area and then it will take you straight to it.

I also want to know the best offsite restaurants especially Chinese and Mexican? Willing to drive up to 15-20 minutes off site.

We liked Chevy's for Mexican. Any Keke's for breakfast. Moes is good for quick Mexican and tons of food.Good luck on Chinese lol.
Gooding's market so we can eat and then get things to take back
Personally not a fan of Crossroads-esp Goodings-overpriced even back in the '90's. But if you are down that way: Millers ale house is great, Giordanos pizza, Bahama breeze are good. Chik fil A, Publix has take out from Deli that is good.

We like Buca Di Bepo and fudruckers. Golden Corral is very close, my son loves it We like whopper bar, Panda Express and menchie’s at Citywalk. Bread box and the hot dog place are also good and reasonable.

Living in Georgia we have about the same type of eateries here
Miller Ale House, Publix deli foods,fast foods like Chick-fil-A, Charlie’s, long horn, etc

I like the variety in the uo parks

For places that are budget friendly Orlando Ale House on Kirkman is 5 minutes away and has fabulous food. Great atmosphere and kid friendly too.

NYPD pizza has 2 locations within and 10/15 minute drive and are excellent, on the Universal Boulevard location there is also a place called Beth’s Burgers.......much better than chain places like BK........prices are decent and it’s much more of a local place.

There is a BJ’s close by and on Turkey Lake Road there is O’ Charley’s.......yes, it’s a chain, but food is excellent and portions are good.

Teak neighbourhood Grill is within a 10 minute drive as is Bubbalous Barbecue place........both excellent.....

A new place we may try as local friends speak about it is Tomkos Tavern on Turkey Lake Road......it’s just before the huge Sand Lake/Turkey Lake junction........

There are so many places to choose from it’s impossible to list them all......have a google and see what suits your family best.

@Matthew81 Good Chinese is hard to come by in this area......I’m told PF Chang’s at Mall at Millenia is decent and as close to Chinese as you may get.

This gets good reviews from friends of ours for Mexican food..........

https://www.roccostacos.com/orlando

Two places close to Universal that we like to go to are Keke's for breakfast and Hash House a go-go on Universal Drive for any meal. The portions are enormous and the food can last for the rest of the day (and maybe more). There are cheaper options out there but one or both of these could be worth trying. They are about 5 minutes from Universal.

We liked Chevy's for Mexican. Any Keke's for breakfast. Moes is good for quick Mexican and tons of food.Good luck on Chinese lol.
Personally not a fan of Crossroads-esp Goodings-overpriced even back in the '90's. But if you are down that way: Millers ale house is great, Giordanos pizza, Bahama breeze are good. Chik fil A, Publix has take out from Deli that is good.
I agree, Goodings is the last place I’d shop. Way too expensive. We ate at an Olive Garden next to Crossroads that was good. I find they’re a hit or miss. But that was a good one. Love Bahama Breeze! Publix is our go to for groceries and take out deli!

For places that are budget friendly Orlando Ale House on Kirkman is 5 minutes away and has fabulous food. Great atmosphere and kid friendly too.

NYPD pizza has 2 locations within and 10/15 minute drive and are excellent, on the Universal Boulevard location there is also a place called Beth’s Burgers.......much better than chain places like BK........prices are decent and it’s much more of a local place.

There is a BJ’s close by and on Turkey Lake Road there is O’ Charley’s.......yes, it’s a chain, but food is excellent and portions are good.

Teak neighbourhood Grill is within a 10 minute drive as is Bubbalous Barbecue place........both excellent.....

A new place we may try as local friends speak about it is Tomkos Tavern on Turkey Lake Road......it’s just before the huge Sand Lake/Turkey Lake junction........

There are so many places to choose from it’s impossible to list them all......have a google and see what suits your family best.

@Matthew81 Good Chinese is hard to come by in this area......I’m told PF Chang’s at Mall at Millenia is decent and as close to Chinese as you may get.

This gets good reviews from friends of ours for Mexican food..........

https://www.roccostacos.com/orlando
Love Ale House, but so disappointed they took the Key Lime Pie off the menu!

Is that the same as Millers Ale house? We thought we could walk to there from Portofino but wasnt sure if it was any good?

Yes it is, we just always called it the Ale house.......but it is Miller’s........

It is SO good........and very local, not too many tourists use it as they seem to head to the I Drive one........

We definitely recommend it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!