Off Site Resorts that are walkable to Disney Springs

dzy76

It all started with two little girls in Disneyland
Looks like we are going in January 2018. We want to stay close to Disney Springs this trip. Just two people, don't need huge amounts of space. Would like two beds, kitchenette. We will have a rental car as we are doing more than just Disney parks. We want to spend a lot of evenings at Disney Springs and would like to be able to walk from our hotel.

What hotels are close - easily walkable - to Disney Springs?

Looks like we are going in January 2018. We want to stay close to Disney Springs this trip. Just two people, don't need huge amounts of space. Would like two beds, kitchenette. We will have a rental car as we are doing more than just Disney parks. We want to spend a lot of evenings at Disney Springs and would like to be able to walk from our hotel.

What hotels are close - easily walkable - to Disney Springs?

This is pretty much it, I think...http://disneyspringshotels.com

Still considered on site but not Disney-run.

All seven of the Disney Springs Hotels would be considered walkable.

disneysprings-hotels-labels.jpg

The furthest (and arguably the 1st or 2nd best) is the DoubleTree Suites. I mapped the distance in a previous thread:

ds-dt-walking.jpg

feet-mile-conversion.jpg

Please note that I think all seven hotels charge for parking. (I don't have daily rates.) Also, six of the seven charge nightly resort fees (as of July 12, 2017):
  • Hilton Buena Vista Palace: $25/night
  • Hilton Lake Buena Vista: $30/night
  • Holiday Inn Disney Springs: $12/night
  • Wyndham Lake Buena Vista: $20/night
  • B Resort and Spa: $27/night
  • Best Western Lake Buena Vista: $13.99/night
  • DoubleTree Suites Lake Buena Vista: NONE!
But, these hotels have a shuttle that goes from the hotels to the West Side of Disney Springs between 6pm and 3am every day.

The next closest hotels to Disney Springs would be:

Doubletree does charge $20 self parking fee

I agree that the Disney Springs hotels are the only ones that are really walkable. That said, given the parking frees and hotel rates, you may find it cheaper to stay off property in the Lake Buena Vista area and use Uber to get back and forth. There are a bunch of hotels on Palm Parkway that you should take a look at.

I'm staying at the Windham right across from DS 8/25-8/28 with a friend. I'll keep you posted on my opinion. Stay tuned.

Doubletree parking is included in the price is you book through the disneyspringshotels website.

Just a point of clarification: Only the current promotion ("Spacious Two-Room Suites from $109!") includes self-parking. Other rates (FL Resident, AAA, Military) booked via that site do not get free self-parking.

I don't quite remember what the parking fee was/if there was one, but we really enjoyed staying at the Wyndham LBV! It was a cute room, we had a nice view, and the beds/pillows were super comfy! I remember it being an ok walk and you got to go through the bridge to get there.

I have stayed at the Buena Vista Palace once while my husband was there for a work conference. We were very pleased with it, but granted his company paid for it so we didn't have any other options and didn't have to consider costs. Part of what we enjoyed was that we were put into a fireworks view room. We could see fireworks from Epcot, Hollywood Studios and Magic Kingdom. It was so neat to sit on the balcony and enjoy all three shows in one night! :)

It was also a convenient walking distance to Disney Springs, with a nice pedestrian bridge so we never had to worry about traffic. We walked over at least once a day, and we took the Disney Springs buses to visit a couple of resorts as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter