• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Off-site" Dining ?'s

CindyZ

Mouseketeer
In keeping with my theme to try and save money, we are planning to eat "off-site" a couple of times. One night we may order in pizza (or pick it up..we'll have a car)....any suggestions as to the best place to get pizza...or any other ideas?

Thank you,

Good question, if you don't get any off site answers the pizza at "Sal's deli" at the Portofino Hotel is very, very good. They also have sandwhiches (pricey, HUGE).

Good luck!

While I was there we saw lot's of Dominos Pizza getting delivered! There are tons of inexpensive places in the area, like Denny's, Pizzeria Uno (very good, on Jamaican CT off I-Drive), I mean any chain restaurant (you name it, it's around), there is a Macaroni Grill very close which is one of my favorite chain restaurant (good quality food at low prices).

International Drive has many places to visit, plus a grocery store half way down on the east side. I don't remember the exact landmark it's next too, but if you go up and down I-Drive enough, you'll eventually find it, or just ask someone where it is. If not the grocery store, then there are many convience stores and gas stations. Buy a styrofoam cooler (they're cheap), ice, snacks, doughnuts, milk, beer, sodas, and bring it into your room. This will save you from having to eat breakfast at a restaurant one day, most people can handle doughnuts and milk. The kids will munch on the snacks when you return from the park. The adults will have beers in the cooler, versus $5 a pop from the bar. You'll find many pizza places along I-Drive, just be patient, traffic crawls along this road. If you're not too tired, goto I-Drive before checking into the hotel. I know most people will want to rush to the hotel, but spending the extra time and getting your snacks/drinks first, will pay off.

I think the market you mean on I-Drive is Gooding's, which is near the Mercado. It's quite pricey as it's catering directly for tourists. There is a Publix which is much cheaper, nearby. Definitely stock up on snacks and drinks, and if you're lucky enough to have a fridge in your room (or can arrange one for a few bucks a day).. go for it. It makes a world of difference to a hotel stay, I think.

We went to the Pizza Hut on Kirkman Rd near Publix. I'm sure they will deliver to you or it's a less congested trip than Intl Drive.

Thank you so much everyone. I definately plan to do the cooler thing. Breakfast food and lunch meat/cheese. It'll help. I especially loved the idea of stopping by the restaurants we want to see for appetizers instead of full meals. We will be enjoying so many nice things like the very nice hotel...and FOTL...I think we can deal with the cooler and the pizza.

Thanx again for the advice!

Disney Debbie posted this link a while back, and they had some Citywalk restaurants on it (mostly Latin Quarter) and some offsite ones as well.

www.couponsalacarte.com

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter